ImageImageImage

Amir Johnson is blossoming at the right time...

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

LanierFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#81 » by LanierFan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:39 am

Dice is fine. Earlier in the year we were complaining about the team's rebounding. Now he's stepping up and boarding like crazy, and this is evidence of a second half decline? Nope. The extra effort may affect his offensive numbers some, but he's delivering what we need.
Hunter
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#82 » by Hunter » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:54 am

LanierFan wrote:Dice is fine. Earlier in the year we were complaining about the team's rebounding. Now he's stepping up and boarding like crazy, and this is evidence of a second half decline? Nope. The extra effort may affect his offensive numbers some, but he's delivering what we need.
IF he didn't shoot something stupid like 35% in the playoffs last year I'd feel much better about it...
JES12 wrote:Bass just barley turned 23 and is a starting PF on any team without a 8 time all-NBA PF in front of him!
beau
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#83 » by beau » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:33 am

Mcdyess should be given his due. The guy is really working the boards. If we didnt have him, I cant imagine how many offensive boards the other team will get on us. If Dice continues to struggle offensively, I dont really care, as long as he is putting up that kind of effort.

Talking about rebounding makes me start thinking about sheeds 7 pathetic rebounds each game. :noway: Lets stop now before I get too depressed.
Joe Berry
Veteran
And1: 418

Post#84 » by Joe Berry » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:38 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

good article about Amir and the Zoo crew, we are the only contender that is playing 'three' rookies significant minutes :)
if you don't count Amirs 11 games in his first two seasons...
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#85 » by Liqourish » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:03 pm

Hunter wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
With 44 in hand he'd need to block 26 more shots over the last 27 games. He should be able to get that with no problem as long as he keeps getting 10-15 mpg (which he should have been getting all season).

Amir with 2 in Phoenix for 46 blks, only 24 more to go.

Return to Detroit Pistons