ImageImageImage

GAME 59- PISTONS vs Cavs- 7pm ET

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,376

Re: GAME 59- PISTONS vs Cavs- 7pm ET 

Post#81 » by flow » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:21 am

No Mitchell tonight. And no Levert tonight.

Meanwhile, we were "full strength" tonight.

Embarrassing.

MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Post#82 » by MortSahlfan » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:17 pm

Monty's post-games are so annoying.
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,248

Post#83 » by NYPiston » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:56 pm

Missed the game. I shouldn't be surprised at the result but it's disappointing, you'd hope that the Pistons could take this bit of momentum they had recently and be competitive against Cleveland but it seems like they got trounced. Just when you think they turn a bit of a corner and maybe take a step forward, they take two steps back. Ivey in particular is the epitome of one step forward two steps back. Lots of bad games from him recently.

Also, I see AGAIN that most of the starters were a + while most of the bench were -. Monty....
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,248

Post#84 » by NYPiston » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:08 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:Ausar is a monster.

Best way to improve the roster is trade Ivey. He just doesnt have synergy with Cade been obv for a long time. Dude cant 3 nor can he D.

Agreed on both. Trading Ausar would be a HUGE mistake, I cringe every time I see him in proposals for players that aren't superstars. He's the type of guy I see making a big jump in Year 2 with his work ethic and natural ability.

Agreed on Ivey as well sadly because I love the energy he brings and he seems like a good teammate. He's their best trade chip to bring in a player that's a better fit, I'm not sure who that player is but I'm still struggling to see where Ivey fits here long term. I think he's best served to be on a team where he can be the go to guy, he won't be that here.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#85 » by DetroitSho » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:08 pm

joedumars1 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:I’ll admit I haven’t been watching, but usually when I do, stews threes are always wide open, no one coming out to him, paint still clogged, even if he hits them. So that’s just what I was picturing, him getting no respect even tho he’s hitting. Idk if that’s what’s going on or not
We have multiple people on the team this applies to. He actually hits his tho.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

Only other guy I can think of would be ausar. I guess maybe Ivey/cade/font/grimes don’t get respect
I'm not seeing where the closeouts on Grimes, Ivey and obviously Ausar are that much harder than Stewart.

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,131

Post#86 » by bstein14 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:11 pm

Stew actually got ran off the three point line a few times last night where he then put the fall on the floor and took it inside and scored.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,088

Post#87 » by joedumars1 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:18 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:We have multiple people on the team this applies to. He actually hits his tho.

Only other guy I can think of would be ausar. I guess maybe Ivey/cade/font/grimes don’t get respect
I'm not seeing where the closeouts on Grimes, Ivey and obviously Ausar are that much harder than Stewart.

Yeah I can see that. Didn’t know players lag off grimes a little. I like stew (really think backup 4/5 better serves him) I didn’t watch this one, but other ones he gets closed out on and fumbles the ball driving to the hope, scores sometimes, Bstein saying he was scoring them tonight so that’s good. I guess just comes down to patients and hoping these guys develop more and I love font, maybe that’s why I was hating on stew, usually don’t.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Post#88 » by MortSahlfan » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:20 pm

bstein14 wrote:Stew actually got ran off the three point line a few times last night where he then put the fall on the floor and took it inside and scored.

I noticed that, too.. If he makes a few 3's to start the game, every team will do this.
He's not even playing his position and adjusts. Cade said, "He's the type of guy you'd run through a wall for" after talking about his leadership and things you don't see on the stat sheet. Monty has said this. Casey has said this. When I saw the postgame comments after the Chicago game, I thought, "This sounds like Curry talking about Draymond".
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,372

Post#89 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:51 am

I chalk this one up to the Cavs just being more talented and more cohesive than us at this stage. And Garland going volcanic from three while we just kept going inside for a stretch.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#90 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Mar 3, 2024 2:44 am

Cavs are a really good team even without D.Mitch. 66% win % this season. They beat us all 4 times this season between 7-10points.

Another team who shows you can turn it around quickly with the trade market. They went from 22 wins to 44 to 51(62% win) this year they have a 66% win. They moved some good assets on the way but being aggressive and having some win win trades has them as a really strong team.

Their first jump happened with Garland being healthy and adding Allen and Lauri. Obv Lauri blew up after they traded him to the Jazz but who knows if he makes that jump for Cleveland. Sometimes trades are win wins and change of scenerys help guys.

Return to Detroit Pistons