ImageImageImage

Playoff Losers = Trade Opportunities

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,076

Re: Playoff Losers = Trade Opportunities 

Post#141 » by German Athens » Sat May 4, 2024 1:33 pm

Sheeeeed wrote:There's really only few players out of the losing teams that would interest me from trades.

Coby White
Terrence Mann
Bobby Porter
CJ McCollum
Herb Jones
Trey Murphy

What players are you willing to part with for Bobby Portis?
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,369

Post#142 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sat May 4, 2024 8:50 pm

German Athens wrote:
Sheeeeed wrote:There's really only few players out of the losing teams that would interest me from trades.

Coby White
Terrence Mann
Bobby Porter
CJ McCollum
Herb Jones
Trey Murphy

Fournier and Troy Brown Jr. I don't think Portis is very good, he seems to be trending down rather than up, and I'm not sure what role he plays for us. He's also lowkey a bit of a knucklehead.

On that earlier list, White, Mann, Jones, and Murphy aren't going anywhere and I'm personally not interested in McCollum or Porter.

I'd take Ingram for sure if we don't have to give up too much.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#143 » by vege » Sat May 4, 2024 10:59 pm

Coby White
Terrence Mann
Bobby Porter
CJ McCollum
Herb Jones
Trey Murphy

I like Naji Marshall a lot. I've mentioned him before, and he will be an UFA.

He's a good defender, shot almost 39% from 3 and is a solid passer and solid at creating/playmaking and he has size 220 lbs almost 7'1 wingspan.

He does fill a lot of our needs and he fit in what Monty is trying to do. He is just passable on offense but he can pass, handle the ball and shoot/spread the floor so that should be enough.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#144 » by vege » Sat May 4, 2024 11:00 pm

Kalamazoo317 wrote:
German Athens wrote:

Coby White
Terrence Mann
Bobby Porter
CJ McCollum
Herb Jones
Trey Murphy

Fournier and Troy Brown Jr. I don't think Portis is very good, he seems to be trending down rather than up, and I'm not sure what role he plays for us. He's also lowkey a bit of a knucklehead.

On that earlier list, White, Mann, Jones, and Murphy aren't going anywhere and I'm personally not interested in McCollum or Porter.

Neither Fournier or TBJr will be back, we will let both go and get raw cap space instead.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,233

Post#145 » by BDM22 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:00 am

If the Nuggets get swept, I wonder if they would look to dump MPJ's contract. Obviously he's highly overpaid, but realistically we're gonna be overpaying anyways and he fits pretty well on the court and in terms of age at 25 going on 26 I guess :-?

Our options are pretty grim lol. Injury prone? Massive contract? Can't create your own shot? Iffy defender? We'll take you!! :lol:
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,499

Post#146 » by Canadafan » Tue May 7, 2024 10:48 am

BDM22 wrote:If the Nuggets get swept, I wonder if they would look to dump MPJ's contract. Obviously he's highly overpaid, but realistically we're gonna be overpaying anyways and he fits pretty well on the court and in terms of age at 25 going on 26 I guess :-?

Our options are pretty grim lol. Injury prone? Massive contract? Can't create your own shot? Iffy defender? We'll take you!! :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Kalamazoo317
Veteran

Post#147 » by Kalamazoo317 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:07 pm

vege wrote:
Kalamazoo317 wrote:
German Athens wrote:

Neither Fournier or TBJr will be back, we will let both go and get raw cap space instead.

The subtext is I'm not interested in Portis
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,725

Post#148 » by Cowology » Tue May 7, 2024 1:43 pm

BDM22 wrote:If the Nuggets get swept, I wonder if they would look to dump MPJ's contract.
There is a LOT of drama going on with that guys family right now. One brother kicked out of the league, the other going to prison. I think there was something else too, but I forget. Buncha crazy crap. Might not have anything to do with MPJ, but it's a lot flags around the guy before we even get to his on-court production.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,831

Post#149 » by theBigLip » Tue May 7, 2024 3:54 pm

When the playoffs started, and I started this thread, I was thinking Minnesota might be one of those first round losers and KAT or Reid might be available. lol. Not anymore - can’t believe they might sweep the Nuggets.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran

Post#150 » by Kalamazoo317 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:21 am

Cowology wrote:
BDM22 wrote:If the Nuggets get swept, I wonder if they would look to dump MPJ's contract.
There is a LOT of drama going on with that guys family right now. One brother kicked out of the league, the other going to prison. I think there was something else too, but I forget. Buncha crazy crap. Might not have anything to do with MPJ, but it's a lot flags around the guy before we even get to his on-court production.

Based on posters around here, the idea is probably to bring in Miles Bridges to mentor him

/sarcasm
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,406

Post#151 » by Mr Peanut » Wed May 8, 2024 7:58 am

theBigLip wrote:When the playoffs started, and I started this thread, I was thinking Minnesota might be one of those first round losers and KAT or Reid might be available. lol. Not anymore - can’t believe they might sweep the Nuggets.

Yeah if they make the WCF or Finals (and both seem like very real possibilities right now) then I can't see any scenario where they trade KAT or Reid, financial woes or not.
catari11
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#152 » by catari11 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:25 pm

Naz Reid would've been perfect. He's exactly the type of player the Pistons need desperately.

Return to Detroit Pistons