Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,280

Re: NBA Playoffs 

Post#61 » by GreekAlex » Fri May 3, 2024 4:10 am

vege wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
Cowology wrote:I would not have had NY vs. Indy on my bingo card. Philly & Mil looked like two of the top 3 teams in the East coming into the season. MIA out too.

Indy’s depth is impressive. Mathurin & Jalen Smith aren’t even playing.

I’m not sure how much the KP injury is going to impact Boston, but I still think the east is theirs to lose.

As long as Derrick White is health they'll win. KP is unimportant. White is their real star.

White has been really impressive. I never saw this much upside during his time with the Spurs but I have to admit that I wasn’t paying much attention to him.

Do you think that he’s excelling because Tatum and Brown get so much attention or do you think that his career had that type of trajectory regardless?
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 492

Post#62 » by MortSahlfan » Fri May 3, 2024 1:04 pm

Tobias played 30 minutes. 0 points.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,965

Post#63 » by MotownMadness » Fri May 3, 2024 2:18 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:Tobias played 30 minutes. 0 points.

:o
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,831

Post#64 » by theBigLip » Fri May 3, 2024 2:49 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:Tobias played 30 minutes. 0 points.

:o

I hope we don’t sign anyone over 30, and if we do sign someone like Tobias, it had better be for MLE range.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#65 » by vege » Fri May 3, 2024 4:43 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
Indy’s depth is impressive. Mathurin & Jalen Smith aren’t even playing.

I’m not sure how much the KP injury is going to impact Boston, but I still think the east is theirs to lose.

As long as Derrick White is health they'll win. KP is unimportant. White is their real star.

White has been really impressive. I never saw this much upside during his time with the Spurs but I have to admit that I wasn’t paying much attention to him.

Do you think that he’s excelling because Tatum and Brown get so much attention or do you think that his career had that type of trajectory regardless?

I have always been a big fan of him. I remember watching a documentary when he was drafted. He is humble and a hard worker. Worked really hard on his game and learn everything he could from Pop and his coaches in San Antonio.

He would succeed regardless of Tatum, I don't like Brown that much. White > Tatum >>>>>> Brown > Jrue > Al > Porzings in that order imo
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#66 » by MotownMadness » Sat May 4, 2024 1:45 am

Orlando has a nice future
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#67 » by vege » Sat May 4, 2024 4:57 am

MotownMadness wrote:Orlando has a nice future

They need decent guards, which shouldn't be that difficult to find. Suggs have developed well, which is great for them.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,725

Post#68 » by Cowology » Sat May 4, 2024 5:07 am

Outside of Detroit, the League is in such a good spot. Mavs vs Thunder?? Sounds great! And holy cow, NYK fans have got to be loving Brunson. Dude is on a tear. So much good bball being played right now.

Stern globalized the game, but the job Silver has done from a competitive balance standpoint is remarkable. Tweaks to the draft, the play-in & mid-season tournament and the 2nd apron push everybody towards parity, but we've also evolved to a point where things like shooting & team play are at a premium. This isn't "ugly" basketball. It's fun to watch and exciting to see new teams emerge.
SuperBad
Junior
And1: 102

Post#69 » by SuperBad » Sat May 4, 2024 5:14 am

I’m sure I’m alone here but I’d be thrilled if we fired Monty tomorrow and hired Darvin Ham, he did a good job in LA, and I definitely feel like he’d be even more effective with a young developing team.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,972

Post#70 » by Snakebites » Sat May 4, 2024 6:07 am

Cowology wrote:Outside of Detroit, the League is in such a good spot. Mavs vs Thunder?? Sounds great! And holy cow, NYK fans have got to be loving Brunson. Dude is on a tear. So much good bball being played right now.

Stern globalized the game, but the job Silver has done from a competitive balance standpoint is remarkable. Tweaks to the draft, the play-in & mid-season tournament and the 2nd apron push everybody towards parity, but we've also evolved to a point where things like shooting & team play are at a premium. This isn't "ugly" basketball. It's fun to watch and exciting to see new teams emerge.

Yeah, Silver gets a lot of criticism for a lot of things, but in terms of competitive balance this is the best state the league has been in for a long time, at least post-Warriors super team.

Even most recent laughing stocks like the Magic and Rockets have made significant moves towards parity.

Now if only we could crawl out of the cellar...
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,499

Post#71 » by Canadafan » Sat May 4, 2024 1:02 pm

SuperBad wrote:I’m sure I’m alone here but I’d be thrilled if we fired Monty tomorrow and hired Darvin Ham, he did a good job in LA, and I definitely feel like he’d be even more effective with a young developing team.

Anything to get rid of Monty I'm sure would be met with cheers here lol.
It's sad because when we hired him I was so pumped. What a let down I tell ya, sheesh
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 492

Post#72 » by MortSahlfan » Sun May 5, 2024 10:14 am

Denver-Minnesota might be the best match-up in the series. I think whoever wins this series wins the title.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,968

Post#73 » by zeebneeb » Sun May 5, 2024 12:15 pm

Anyone else watch Naz Reid do everything Stewart can't last night?

*sigh*
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,134

Post#74 » by The Moose » Sun May 5, 2024 12:18 pm

zeebneeb wrote:Anyone else watch Naz Reid do everything Stewart can't last night?

*sigh*

Naz is who Weaver thinks Stew is, but..yeah.
Its not close
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,134

Post#75 » by The Moose » Sun May 5, 2024 12:20 pm

Also watching Ant Edwards dominate the playoffs and emerge as a future face of the league makes me think about the fact Weaver would've taken Wiseman #1 in 2020
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#76 » by bstein14 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:48 pm

vege wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Orlando has a nice future

They need decent guards, which shouldn't be that difficult to find. Suggs have developed well, which is great for them.

Orlando also has $30+ million in cap space this summer so they can spend to add to their young core, and lets be honest warm weather, no state income tax, playoff team Orlando is a much more appealing draw for FAs than our **** show.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#77 » by buzzkilloton » Sun May 5, 2024 1:24 pm

The Moose wrote:Also watching Ant Edwards dominate the playoffs and emerge as a future face of the league makes me think about the fact Weaver would've taken Wiseman #1 in 2020

Yeah knowing this is all the proof you need to know Troy stinks at drafting.

The 2020 draft could of changed everything for us if we had a good GM without getting pick 1 though. Hali over Kill we got a superstar. Maxey who some fans in the draft thread wanted when he fell as BAP we passed up twice is also a superstar. Now were seeing all these guys as star in the playoffs it sucks.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,803

Post#78 » by DBC10 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:47 pm

Ant Man is ready which seems way ahead of schedule. The guy looks like a young Jordan out there

Playing in that US Men's team really did give him a boost. It's not a question whether future potential stars should go or not anymore. They absolutely should partake to play with the best whenever chance they can get
Homelander87
Junior
And1: 71

Post#79 » by Homelander87 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:58 pm

I literally have not watched any NBA this season including the Pistons until now but I would be so happy if Orlando can hold on and win this one. F**K Cleveland.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#80 » by MotownMadness » Sun May 5, 2024 11:16 pm

Ugly shooting game from Franz

Return to Detroit Pistons