ImageImageImage

Maybe Off-Topic - My NBA 2k8 Piston Dynasty.

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

HeroicKennedy
General Manager
And1: 134

Maybe Off-Topic - My NBA 2k8 Piston Dynasty. 

Post#1 » by HeroicKennedy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:28 am

Just going to do a running coverage of my Pistons Dynasty I'm starting on NBA 2k8. You can rate my personnel moves, and whatnot. You can also start your own Dynasty as the same time, and see how successful you are.

First off, my initial deals:
I trade away all my long-term deals (Billups, Hamilton, Rasheed, Prince)
Right now, I'm loaded with expiring contracts. Only Stuckey and Amir are long term deals.

My starting lineup:
PG: Rodney Stuckey - 71 (3+1 year deal)
SG: Ricky Davis - 82 (1 year deal)
SF: Matt Barnes - 77 (1 year deal)
PF: Al Jefferson - 89 (1 year deal)
C: Andrew Bynum - 71 (1+1 year deal)

Bench:
6: Jason Maxiell - 77 (1+1 year deal)
7: Kwame Brown - 70 (1 year deal)
8: Jarvis Hayes - 73 (1 year deal)
9: Flip Murray - 73 (1 year deal)
10: Amir Johnson - 72 (3 year deal)
11: Kurt Thomas - 76 (1 year deal)
12: Theo Ratliff - 71 (1 year deal)

Inactive:
Lindey Hunter - 71 (1 year deal)
Ronald Dupree - 66 (1 year deal)

Right now, I have enough expirings to retain Al Jefferson, plus sign 2 big free agents. However, I'm guess I'll be pretty bad my first season. However, at least I'll get a good pick. Let's see what happens.
HeroicKennedy
General Manager

Post#2 » by HeroicKennedy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:57 am

Well, uh, better than expected, I guess.

34-48 without making the playoffs. The Suns win the championship.

Fire Flip and replace him with some guy named Evans (Who is a Master in all but Defense) for a 6 year deal with $5.50 million.

Resign Jefferson to a 3 year deal with a player option for a 4th.

I get the number 8 pick overall. Pick a shooting guard named Alejandro Ruiz who is an A- overall.

Tried to sign Emeka Okafor, but he turned me down and returned to the Bobcats.

I decided to stay under the cap to push for one of the big free agents next year.

Starting line-up for 2008-2009:
Stuckey
Ruiz
Johnson
Jefferson
Bynum

Another sub .500 record, I'm guess.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,220

Post#3 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:46 am

I don't like it...

First of all, Ruiz is over-hyped. Seriously, what has he done to prove he's the real thing? A few ESPN/Youtube highlights doesn't make you a superstar. There were better players on the board at 8.

I really like that guy who was picked 11th. What's his name again? I mean he's someone who will really make his mark in this league. He'll be solid for a long time.

Also, Evans was a poor choice as coach. He may be good at X's and O's, but he's the type of coach that rides his players too hard. He frequently tires them out at practice and gets on them for the smallest little rule violation. He's old school, but too old school. Eventually the players will snap. I'd get your lawyers working on a way to void the contract if you can.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
laxation26
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by laxation26 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:58 pm

GenshiYagyu wrote:I don't like it...

First of all, Ruiz is over-hyped. Seriously, what has he done to prove he's the real thing? A few ESPN/Youtube highlights doesn't make you a superstar. There were better players on the board at 8.

I really like that guy who was picked 11th. What's his name again? I mean he's someone who will really make his mark in this league. He'll be solid for a long time.

Also, Evans was a poor choice as coach. He may be good at X's and O's, but he's the type of coach that rides his players too hard. He frequently tires them out at practice and gets on them for the smallest little rule violation. He's old school, but too old school. Eventually the players will snap. I'd get your lawyers working on a way to void the contract if you can.

LMFAO!

What surprises me most is the fact you can do Player Options in 2k8! Did they implement BLE and MLEs yet?
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#5 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:38 pm

They've had MLE's for a long time, but no BLE yet.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#6 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:07 pm

What was the payoff for getting rid of all the good players besides keeping Jefferson? I was able to keep my 4 starters and trade Maxiell and McDyess away for Gerald Wallace and LeMarcus Aldridge. I also picked up Salmons/Stackhouse and all of this was done w/out turning off trade override.

Your way is ok if you just want to sim your way through association, but I actually like playing the games.

I also picked up Mourning and he is a great defensive player and you can count on him to finish strong at the rim.

Oh yeah, did you notice players like Aldridge and Maxiell rarely dunk. If you have 360 you can download a patch to fix standing dunks
SAKURABA216
Starter

Post#7 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:12 pm

Even though I had a stacked team, most of my players were unhappy because they all demanded big minutes.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#8 » by roc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:51 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:Even though I had a stacked team, most of my players were unhappy because they all demanded big minutes.

Can the coach bitch slap some sense into em?
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
jab
Starter
And1: 3
Location: Detroit: Where only the strong survive cause the weak are eaten alive!

Post#9 » by jab » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:56 pm

r0cd0gg wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl:
HeroicKennedy
General Manager

Post#10 » by HeroicKennedy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:15 pm

So, after two straight seasons of 32-50, I've finally put together a great team by dealing draft picks and good signings. My current record is 49-25.

Starters
PG - Rodney Stuckey - 84
SG - Alejandro Ruiz - 88
SF - Luol Deng - 94
PF - Jason Maxiell - 84
C - Al Jefferson - 99

Bench
JR Smith - 83
Amir Johnson - 79
Marvin Williams - 83
Kwame Brown - 76

Smith is a stud off the bench, averaging 15.3 points.
Jefferson has 17.7 points and 8.7 boards a game.
Ruiz and Deng both average over 14 points a game.
Stuckey is coming along slowly, with 11.1 points a game and 5.7 assists.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna pay next season. Smith, Williams, Stuckey, Ruiz, and Jefferson all become free agents. More than likely, I'm gonna have to let someone go. It'll probably be Williams and maybe even Smith.
Master Shake
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#11 » by Master Shake » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:25 pm

I'm still in year 1 of my dynasty... but all I have done was trade Nazr Mohammed for Hedo Turkoglu. And developed the **** out of Stuckey and Max. We're rollin in 1st place by like 6 games midway through the season.

Don't know why you are so trade happy.
whatchaknow wrote: I would rather have Batum than Monroe...

Well, at least we aren't Cleveland... seriously... Indians, Cavs, Browns... ouch.
SAKURABA216
Starter

Post#12 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:29 pm

You can turn it off in options, but new to 2K8 is a feature that shows players' moods whcih change depending on their roles and playtime. When you acquire a player that is usually a starter and you have him sit on the bench they pout and eventually want a trade. If I play the bench player more than the starter will bitch. When you play a player that is unhappy he will struggle tremendously (miss shots they would normally make, blow dunks and layup).
SAKURABA216
Starter

Post#13 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:33 pm

Master Shake wrote:
Don't know why you are so trade happy.

I love playing as the Knicks and trading for all-star talent. I had Maggette, Livingston, Cassell, and Mobley for Marbury, Robinson, and someone else. I also picked up Kirilenko and Artest and played a small ball lineup.

Definately the funnest team to play on association.
get crispy
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#14 » by get crispy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Why pick the Pistons and only end up having a handful of current pistons? lol, I did the same thing with Orlando in my dynasty on nba live 08, I think Dwight, Rashard and Keyon Dooling are the only survivors.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#15 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:15 pm

get crispy wrote: lol, nba live 08

:rofl:
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by roc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:35 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:You can turn it off in options, but new to 2K8 is a feature that shows players' moods whcih change depending on their roles and playtime. When you acquire a player that is usually a starter and you have him sit on the bench they pout and eventually want a trade. If I play the bench player more than the starter will bitch. When you play a player that is unhappy he will struggle tremendously (miss shots they would normally make, blow dunks and layup).

Not good enough.

I want the coach to have a good back hand upside the head ability and the players to have the ability to chase them out to the parking lot and throw down an illegal choke hold.

Is that too much to ask? :-?
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by roc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Oh yeah, they should add strip clubs too. :D
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by roc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:37 pm

and paternity lawsuits :o

That s*** could f*** with players heads and cause oncourt problems. :wink:
jab
Starter
And1: 3
Location: Detroit: Where only the strong survive cause the weak are eaten alive!

Post#19 » by jab » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:39 pm

Not good enough.

I want the coach to have a good back hand upside the head ability and the players to have the ability to chase them out to the parking lot and throw down an illegal choke hold.

Is that too much to ask? :-?

Yes because Utah's owner said that he would not let Jerry Sloan coach anyone but the Jazz :)
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by roc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:42 pm

jab wrote:Yes because Utah's owner said that he would not let Jerry Sloan coach anyone but the Jazz :)
It's a video game so we could just clone him so all clubs can have their very own Sloan clone. 8)

Return to Detroit Pistons