ImageImageImage

Is Washington better than Detroit

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

HeroicKennedy
General Manager
And1: 134

Re: Is Washington better than Detroit 

Post#41 » by HeroicKennedy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Dat2U wrote:And I won't even get into the head scratching move to hire Kuester as head coach.

Kuester was a better candidate than tired retreads like Avery Johnson and Doug Collins. Plus, if we are to believe that he was really the brains of the Cleveland operation last year, we just inherited the Coach of the Year.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#42 » by princeofpalace » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Cowology wrote:I am to busy overrating my own team to care much about Wiz fans overrating their team. *shrug*

Bingo. This is one big pissing match. Of course Detroit fans think their team is better and Wizards fans feel the same about their team. I'm not going to compare the two but honestly I'm not impressed with what Dumars did this summer. Or what he's done the past two years. I think JD is losing his touch.

Hiring Curry as HC last year, trading Billups, re-upping Rip, signing Gordon who plays the same position as Rip, giving an all-offense, no defense player like CV a huge deal...

I've always liked Stuckey but have always thought of his as a scoring minded combo guard, not a PG. The center position is disaster area where a former Wizard reject and a washed up Big Ben are your best options.

I think Detroit will be competitive but exactly what is Dumars trying to accomplish with your roster?

And I won't even get into the head scratching move to hire Kuester as head coach

This post is funny to me for a lot of reasons

Come on this board and say you aren't comparing teams yet you still feel the need to trash the Pistons for reasons I also find funny.

You have issues with Stuckey not being a true PG, yet Arenas is perfectly fine as a PG

You take issue with an all offense, no defense player like CV on a huge deal (FYI- I wouldn't call 5/35 a huge deal by any stretch of the imagination) yet you have both Antawn Jamison(4/60) and Gilbert Arenas (6/111) who are the epitome of all offense no d signed to overinflated contracts.

Could easily say the same about Flip- who is a former Pistons reject
HeroicKennedy
General Manager

Post#43 » by HeroicKennedy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:38 pm

Yeah, I'll take CV31 at 5 years, $35 million over Jamison at 4 years, $60 million any day of the week.

His post was essentially "I don't want to talk about why your team is crappy, but here's why your team is crappy."
Choob
Lead Assistant
And1: 30

Post#44 » by Choob » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:54 pm

PoP said it all...
Cowology wrote:wow, Choob just owned this thread. The rest of you can go back to picking out belly button lint, or whatever it is you do in your free time: Choob is Master of the Universe!
JonathanJoseph
Bench Warmer
And1: 22

Post#45 » by JonathanJoseph » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:32 am

princeofpalace wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Wizard fans are talking about Flip's willingness to use the bench.

Time to break out the legendary Flip season chart, zeebneeb!

LOL- did they not watch Detroit for the past 3 seasons. Flip saying in interviews that he will use the bench, does not equate to him actually using the bench. They will see it soon.

Actually, what Flip said was that he's only gone 8-9 deep in the past because that's all he trusted to be in his rotation. In 07-08, 8-10 in minutes played for the Pistons was Flip Murray, Jarvis Hayes and Juan Dixon so it's easy to see why he didn't use his bench.

So when Saunders says this is his deepest, most talented roster, he's not blowing smoke (sorry, Piston fans). Assuming that the Wizards top 7 is Arenas/Butler/Jamison/Haywood/Miller/Foye/Blatche than the Wizards 8-10 players are Nick Young, Fabricio Oberto, Javale McGee, and even then we haven't mentioned, Deshawn Stevenson, Dominic McGuire and Jarvaris Crittendon (and I'm leaving Mike James out of the discussion altogether). So yeah, this Wizards team is deeper than Flip's 59-win Piston squad.

And when you are starting with 1 superstar (Arenas) and 2 other all-stars, it's both top heavy and deep and there are no identifiable weaknesses. Will it all blend together? We shall see but you are all underrating this Wizards squad by a large margin. There is no chance that the Pistons finish ahead of the Wizards in the standings.

As an aside, I'd bet Andray Blatche is as good as Villanueva by the end of the season.
Twitter: @jonathanjoseph
HeroicKennedy
General Manager

Post#46 » by HeroicKennedy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:17 am

JonathanJoseph wrote:As an aside, I'd bet Andray Blatche is as good as Villanueva by the end of the season.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's the funniest God damn thing I've read in weeks! Thank you so much!
RustInPeace
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#47 » by RustInPeace » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:38 am

JonathanJoseph wrote:As an aside, I'd bet Andray Blatche is as good as Villanueva by the end of the season.

HeroicKennedy
General Manager

Post#48 » by HeroicKennedy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:40 am

RustInPeace wrote:

Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 336

Post#49 » by Drwho17 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:38 am

Gilbert Arenas isn't injury prone.

In his 8 seasons, he's had seasons missing 27 games, 8 games, 69 games, and 80 games. In his career during the regular season he could have played in 656 games, he's played in 433, which averages out to 54 games a year or 66% of the season, missing approximately 28 games on average.

Gilbert Arenas is injury prone.
JNewton
Veteran
And1: 201

Post#50 » by JNewton » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 am

JonathanJoseph wrote:So when Saunders says this is his deepest, most talented roster, he's not blowing smoke (sorry, Piston fans).

LOL. Both the 03-04 Timberwolves and 05-06 Pistons (lack of depth or not) were much, much better teams than the upcoming season's Wizards squad will be. Arguably even the 07-08 Pistons were better. And LOL at calling Arenas a superstar.

On the thread subject, I do think the Wizards will be better than the Pistons this year. They'll probably have a 45-52 win season, but have no shot at beating Boston, Cleveland, or Orlando. Another thing to ponder: my reaction (and several other Pistons fans) to Dumars' offseason moves was "Great, he's turned us into the Washington Wizards" - a team with loads of money tied up into mediocre, no defense players and no real chance at winning championships anytime soon.
beau
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#51 » by beau » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:10 am

JNewton wrote:
JonathanJoseph wrote:So when Saunders says this is his deepest, most talented roster, he's not blowing smoke (sorry, Piston fans).

On the thread subject, I do think the Wizards will be better than the Pistons this year. They'll probably have a 45-52 win season, but have no shot at beating Boston, Cleveland, or Orlando. Another thing to ponder: my reaction (and several other Pistons fans) to Dumars' offseason moves was "Great, he's turned us into the Washington Wizards" - a team with loads of money tied up into mediocre, no defense players and no real chance at winning championships anytime soon.

Yeah, pretty much what I think....

Its sad really. :( Thanks Joe!
beau
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#52 » by beau » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:26 am

Washington has a great shot at winning 50 games if everything goes right. However, this current Piston has no shot in hell.....even if they do have a magical season. Washington has proven players, a proven 'regular season' coach, and is deeper than this Piston team. Hell..... I could argue McDyess was our best player last year; guess what, he aint here anymore! We got a rookie coach, lost our best player, and now have 2 highly paid Shooting guards eating up 37 percent of our salary cap that restrict us from ever addressing our pathetic frontline outside of Prince.

I dont know how confident HK and others are about their stance, but everyone outside of the Piston fan base would agree that Washington is the better team. I am a Piston fan….have been for many years, but I can see reality
tetris
Senior
And1: 92

Post#53 » by tetris » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:24 pm

McDyess was never our best player. Not even close.
HeroicKennedy
General Manager

Post#54 » by HeroicKennedy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Actually, the reality of the situation is that we have no freakin' clue. I mean, a lot of people (including myself) thought the addition of Elton Brand turned Philadelphia not only into a top 4 team in the East, but also a dark horse contender for the Eastern Conference Championship (I thought they were a high quality big man away). Instead, they looked WORSE with him on the team.

Everyone thought the Lakers would run away with the 2004 series.

Most thought the Pistons would be worse than the Bulls after they signed Ben Wallace.

Everyone thought the Cavs would march their way to the 2009 NBA Finals.

What experts think and what actually happens are not always one in the same, and I don't give a good God damn what most of them think because they've been constantly wrong about the Pistons time after time.

We can speculate and guess, but we really have no clue how this season will play out.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#55 » by Liqourish » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:11 pm

HeroicKennedy wrote:Actually, the reality of the situation is that we have no freakin' clue. I mean, a lot of people (including myself) thought the addition of Elton Brand turned Philadelphia not only into a top 4 team in the East, but also a dark horse contender for the Eastern Conference Championship (I thought they were a high quality big man away). Instead, they looked WORSE with him on the team.

Everyone thought the Lakers would run away with the 2004 series.

Most thought the Pistons would be worse than the Bulls after they signed Ben Wallace.

Everyone thought the Cavs would march their way to the 2009 NBA Finals.

What experts think and what actually happens are not always one in the same, and I don't give a good God damn what most of them think because they've been constantly wrong about the Pistons time after time.

We can speculate and guess, but we really have no clue how this season will play out.

+1
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,658

Post#56 » by NCHeels2008 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Flips bench in Washington is almost as good as his starters, I have a feeling he'll use them more. And for the Jamison CV debate, I take Jamison for next season but CV if I'm building a team.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,741

Post#57 » by Cowology » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Pffft, I'm as confident in our ability to win 50 games this year as I was in my belief that There will be NO adjustment period for AI last season. That 4th seed is soooo ours for the taking. Trust me. I know these things.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,007

Post#58 » by Snakebites » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Cowology wrote:Pffft, I'm as confident in our ability to win 50 games this year as I was in my belief that There will be NO adjustment period for AI last season. That 4th seed is soooo ours for the taking. Trust me. I know these things.

I said it then, I'll say it now. You were right. There was NO adjustment period for AI. The adjustment period never even got underway.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#59 » by vege » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:28 pm

I am all up for it, What you want to bet?

I feel like having 4 Aces and some fool calling all in rofl.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,612

Post#60 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Cowology Wrote:
That 4th seed is soooo ours for the taking. Trust me. I know these things.

I will hold you to this and will bring it back at the end of the season. The Pistons are gonna get killed on the boards this season being so soft. CV has not proven yet that he can be a starter in this league on bad teams and still needs time to develop. People used to say the same things about Darko.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Detroit Pistons