ImageImageImage

Chicago hate's losing Ben Gordon 68pgs and counting

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Chicago hate's losing Ben Gordon 68pgs and counting 

Post#1 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:58 pm

You have to read the 51 pages you talk about crying over spilt milk? It makes me really love haveing Ben Gordon on our team and he will be the pistons leading scorer.

The Ben Gordon update/tracking thread:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=948012&start=165

Example of what 1 person said:

Damn, I miss BG. I really really believed he and Rose would've made a very elite backcourt.
I am not particularly enthused with this organization at the moment. Kind of like how you may not be enthused with the parents you got or the decisions they make, but if they're there, you kinda have to love 'em.
This dumbass organization has been letting talent break away and this is the one that we'll regret the most --- it just has to happen that way, given all the bad signings Pax shouldn't have consummated.

Another person:
The thing that really pisses off the Gordon lovers is that the Bulls chose to keep Hinrich instead of Gordon, and they just can't live with that. It would have been fairly easy for the Bulls to dump Hinrich's deal for an expiring, and they could have given that money to Gordon.
HeroicKennedy
General Manager
And1: 134

Re: Chicago hate's losing Ben Gordon 15pgs and counting 

Post#2 » by HeroicKennedy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:44 pm

I couldn't care less about how Chicago feels.
aad
Starter
And1: 466

Post#3 » by aad » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:09 pm

they wasn't saying them things in the summer
Master Shake
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Master Shake » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:31 pm

Where were they and all the "experts" a month ago?

Chicago not such a lock for the playoffs anymore huh? Rose can't do it all by himself eh?
whatchaknow wrote: I would rather have Batum than Monroe...

Well, at least we aren't Cleveland... seriously... Indians, Cavs, Browns... ouch.
aad
Starter
And1: 466

Post#5 » by aad » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Master Shake wrote:Where were they and all the "experts" a month ago?

Chicago not such a lock for the playoffs anymore huh? Rose can't do it all by himself eh?

True
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#6 » by Three34 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Wait, so, we were to stop discussing him once he left?
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,724

Post#7 » by Cowology » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Sham wrote:Wait, so, we were to stop discussing him once he left?
Don't think that was really the point. Or at least not the point I am taking away from it. It's that a month ago it was "we're better off without him" and now it's "we miss him". Not from everybody obviously, but enough that it's noticeable.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#8 » by Three34 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:29 pm

That would be the case if the 15 page thread was heavily one sided in that favour. But it isn't. Our opinions are the same for the most part; we'll miss him as a player, but not at that price. There are some amongst us who vitriolicly denounce him as sub-human scum, and some who would like to take him home, tie him to a chair and shag him. But selectively citing either of those two viewpoints would be kind of misleading.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#9 » by ajaX82 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:01 pm

wait, losing your top scorer from a year ago for nothing hurts your team???
stillalive
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#10 » by stillalive » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:34 am

Trust me you will be saying the SAME things that were said in that thread. Some days you love Ben, other days you wanna choke him. Sorry, but he's just not worth that much money imo. 19-20 ppg is ok but not that impressive. Now if he were averaging something like 23-25 ppg, then I would actually care, but he isn't and I don't. Good luck with him on your team...it will be a roller coaster ride.
"I take it very seriously, knowing my opponent really wants to come at me. It's not just God's gifts. You have to work at this game. If not, you're just going to be average. You have to want it and do whatever you have to do to get it."-D.Rose
SunTzuMachiavelli
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#11 » by SunTzuMachiavelli » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:22 am

stillalive wrote:Some days you love Ben, other days you wanna choke him.
stillalive wrote:Good luck with him on your team...it will be a roller coaster ride.

It's that way for every shooter in the league (including the ones that score 25ish).
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#12 » by Rerisen » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:51 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:You have to read the 15 pages you talk about crying over spilt milk? It makes me really love haveing Ben Gordon on our team and he will be the pistons leading scorer.

Actually Bulls fans are lined up on the exact same sides they were about Ben months ago, heck even a year ago. Those that are going on about losing him are the same that said to pay him. Though it should be noted, we said to pay him 6/54 when we had the chance, not what Detroit paid him.

Anyone reading that thread would see that there is no disagreement about what Ben will produce. It will likely be about 20 PPG and done very efficiently. He won't rebound or pass a ton and occasionally his defense will be a noticeable problem.

Gordon is a divisive player, because of his one sided game and perhaps surprisingly even more so, because of his height, which makes some people believe that he could never be a starter on a championship team. The other core anti-Gordon belief is that his gunning attitude is unchangeable, that his style forces him to be the dominant scorer on his teams, but yet unfortunately he isn't dominant enough to ever be the best scorer, #1 option on a great team. In Chicago he never played with a better scorer, so this theory was never tested.

Even if the Bulls were to falter this season without Ben, those that disliked him still won't repent, they think its worth it for the chance to go after a big time FA in 2010. And they almost to a person think Hinrich fits better for the team and for the lesser money he is making. We watched Gordon for 5 years, a couple pre-season games won't change opinions.
stillalive
Analyst

Post#13 » by stillalive » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:48 pm

SunTzuMachiavelli wrote:
stillalive wrote:Some days you love Ben, other days you wanna choke him.
stillalive wrote:Good luck with him on your team...it will be a roller coaster ride.

It's that way for every shooter in the league (including the ones that score 25ish).

meh but more times than not they can bring more to the table if their shot is off that game.
"I take it very seriously, knowing my opponent really wants to come at me. It's not just God's gifts. You have to work at this game. If not, you're just going to be average. You have to want it and do whatever you have to do to get it."-D.Rose
stillalive
Analyst

Post#14 » by stillalive » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Rerisen wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:You have to read the 15 pages you talk about crying over spilt milk? It makes me really love haveing Ben Gordon on our team and he will be the pistons leading scorer.

Actually Bulls fans are lined up on the exact same sides they were about Ben months ago, heck even a year ago. Those that are going on about losing him are the same that said to pay him. Though it should be noted, we said to pay him 6/54 when we had the chance, not what Detroit paid him.

Anyone reading that thread would see that there is no disagreement about what Ben will produce. It will likely be about 20 PPG and done very efficiently. He won't rebound or pass a ton and occasionally his defense will be a noticeable problem.

Gordon is a divisive player, because of his one sided game and perhaps surprisingly even more so, because of his height, which makes some people believe that he could never be a starter on a championship team. The other core anti-Gordon belief is that his gunning attitude is unchangeable, that his style forces him to be the dominant scorer on his teams, but yet unfortunately he isn't dominant enough to ever be the best scorer, #1 option on a great team. In Chicago he never played with a better scorer, so this theory was never tested.

Even if the Bulls were to falter this season without Ben, those that disliked him still won't repent, they think its worth it for the chance to go after a big time FA in 2010. And they almost to a person think Hinrich fits better for the team and for the lesser money he is making. We watched Gordon for 5 years, a couple pre-season games won't change opinions.

Pretty much agree. Ben is good at what he does nobody disagrees with that. With the Bulls looking to be more "defensive-minded" in the backcourt and looking towards 2010,the writing was on the wall for Ben. Chi wasn't even going to blink twice about matching the Detroit offer.

His game is better suited for a 6th man role (I know there have been plenty of debates about this already) and he was looking to start in Chicago and I'm sure the same will be said further down the line in Detroit. The question still remains...can you win with him as your starting 2 (and I mean going deep in the playoffs not just regular season).
Hopefully things will work out for him in Detroit although I'm curious to see how the 4 guard line-up will work out b/c all those guys deserve meaningful minutes.
pistons_own
Veteran

Post#15 » by pistons_own » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:09 am

K
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#16 » by BrooklynBulls » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:07 pm

I'm a guy who really wanted to keep Ben Gordon, but the guys who keep mentioning him usually have more than a beef about losing Gordon, but rather with the way our entire organization does business. It's not only about Gordon, but our choice of guys who are perceived to be hard-working and unselfish instead of just exhibiting superior talent, and it's about our unwillingness to spend money on players those posters feel deserve it.

Few LIKE losing Gordon for nothing...he's clearly a good player. But few are still mourning the actual loss of Gordon, the majority, as any fan should be, are excited to see this new version of our team.

Good luck this season.
orlando2k10
Ballboy

Post#17 » by orlando2k10 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:36 am

This team will progress, but let's see what the next offseason will bring and then we talk. Chicago can become awesome when they finally trade tyrus, sign a superstar and pair them with rose and noah. I hate Deng.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#18 » by kellmellus50 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:17 am

Up to 23 pages and now there telling their fans to come over here and talk ? here is their last post:

"WHY don't you go to the pistons board and talk about it? It's so not necessary here and with this many pages.This is nothing compared to what we had before"

Last nights game ben gordon shined. Led the team in scoring, with 15 of his 19 points coming in the second half, on 7-12 shooting, 3-3 from behind the arc.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,399

Post#19 » by coldfish » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:26 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:Up to 23 pages and now there telling their fans to come over here and talk ? here is their last post:

"WHY don't you go to the pistons board and talk about it? It's so not necessary here and with this many pages.This is nothing compared to what we had before"

Last nights game ben gordon shined. Led the team in scoring, with 15 of his 19 points coming in the second half, on 7-12 shooting, 3-3 from behind the arc.

The Bulls board is really big and Gordon was the most divisive player. Suffice it to say, he had a LOT of fans on the Bulls board. He also had a lot of detractors. This was well before he joined Detroit. Expect that thread to go on for hundreds of pages, particularly early when the Bulls go through a brutal schedule and the pro-Gordon people come in and say "I told you so" to the Gordon haters.

I think Detroit is going to be very happy with Gordon. He may be overpaid, but its not by much. I wish him luck when he plays everyone but Chicago as he was a good player and a class act.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#20 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:26 pm

i missed gordon. but i dont really care THAT much. yeah he was our best scorer. now we have rose to fill that role. a majority of the bulls fans really dont care anymore.

Return to Detroit Pistons