Frank Gore vs Reggie Bush

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#41 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:23 pm

Fair points, our defense has been putrid, we are ranked 27th right now, when we were ranked 11th last year.....

The LB's are being exploited so badly, it's disgusting, not to mention the second corner spot.

Still out of a 32 team league, the 49ers defense is ranked 17th. 16th in rush D, and 17th in pass D. Like wise, our offense has been mediocre(16th), while your's has been putrid....

And no, every team isn't just going to magically switch to a cover 2, I'm sure they will throw it in there, but all the teams don't have the personnel to play a cover 2 all game.

I expect both teams to get better as the season goes on(people forget how young the Saints team is) but I'm not ready to panic about the Saint's or crown the 9ers just yet. I don't know why we can't get better, but the 49ers can.

Our main problem is Payton's stubborn play calling so far this year, it's like he refuses to make any changes when things are going bad. :nonono:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#42 » by Elway=GOAT » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:46 pm

J.Kim wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If there's a player on the field, and you knew the coach called only two plays when that player was on the field, don't you think, as the defense, that you would KNOW what was coming?

This isn't a matter of executing or not. It's a matter of repetitive and lackluster playcalling by Sean Payton, allowing defenses to KNOW where Reggie's going.

I just think, hes an ineffective, pro runningback. Those are the only plays, they can use to get him seperation from the defenses. You cant pound the ball with him. You cant give the ball to him 25 times a game, and expect him to produce. Hes been terrible in the pros, even when the Saints kept giving him the ball, hoping he can eventully bust out.

He has all the talent in the world, him biggest problem, is he cant break tackles, and that is vital at the running back poition. If he cant juke you out of your shoes or run around you, he is going down with the contact. Im not wrighting him off just yet, but I think if he still dosent get it by his 3rd year he never will.

PS: He did own the Niners last year...But that was one of the few highlights, on an overall all bad rookie year, for a guy who was sopposed to set the NFL on fire.

PPS: The niners suck, and Alex Smith has small hands.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:37 pm

Actually, when he has had his best games, is the one where he gets 15-20 carries.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Soca
Veteran
And1: 849

Post#44 » by Soca » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:38 pm

I said earliar in this thread I'd rather Gore becuase he can carry the full load and i'm going to have to stick with that. If Bush can't make plays in space I think he's pretty ineffective.

BTW I hate to say it but the Saints do look like a fluke.
Reks
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#45 » by Reks » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:36 am

Bush last year
Bush this year
Gore when he's injured maybe though
menflavor
easily the worst realgm screen name
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:00 am

Juice23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Please you really don't want to bring up the past to much considering the Saints used to be the Niners doormats year in and out back when you were in the NFC West.

Now you can bring up all the stats you want. It still won't change we're 2-0 and we'll be in the playoffs later this year and your an 0-2 fluke that will miss the playoffs this year.

BTW Patrick Willis is going make Reggie Bush his bitch October 28, believe it.

You were saying?

That's 7 of the last 9 in favor of the Saints....

Lucky for you guys Reggie isn't on Gore's level, or we might have had a chance, or even won that game!

Return to Player Comparisons