DeMarcus Ware vs Shawne Merriman

Which stud linebacker would you choose?

Total votes: 0

thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

DeMarcus Ware vs Shawne Merriman 

Post#1 » by thierry » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:14 am

You are a new franchise with no identity offensively or defensively and you have to pick one of these guys to be on your defense without any knowledge of who else is in this pool of players you have to choose from, who your coaches are gonna be, or ANYTHING about your team.. you just have to pick one of these guys to start your team off who would it be?

I for one would choose D-Ware, probably a homer pick but whatever.. I love everything he brings to the Cowboys, he does every single thing you need a linebacker to do and more.. In my opinion he has to be the most versatile linebacker in the league.. but Merriman in his own right is a great player as well, but I see him as much less versatile as Ware, and in the one thing he does best, pass rushing, Ware isn't that far behind him..
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#2 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:06 am

ill take teh guy that does it clean in Ware
Pacersin2007
Sophomore

Post#3 » by Pacersin2007 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 3:01 pm

Merriman hands down.
straightguji
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#4 » by straightguji » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:46 pm

I'll take Ware. Merriman is great and all but all he does is pass rush on every down, Ware is asked to do a whole lot more in the Dallas defense and he's great in coverage too. If Ware played on the Chargers he'd have similar stats if not better.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,180
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#5 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:41 pm

straightguji wrote:I'll take Ware. Merriman is great and all but all he does is pass rush on every down, Ware is asked to do a whole lot more in the Dallas defense and he's great in coverage too. If Ware played on the Chargers he'd have similar stats if not better.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Post#6 » by likwitdesi » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:54 pm

Lights Out without a doubt. That man is going to be in a class of his own, in my opinion, in a few years.
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#7 » by thierry » Wed Apr 4, 2007 4:02 am

The people who chose Merriman, you guys have any specific reasonings to your choice.. you must since you both are not humbled by your choices..
mzaretsk
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

Post#8 » by mzaretsk » Wed Apr 4, 2007 4:23 pm

i choose merriman cause he's a terp. and i unchoose ware cause he's a cowboy.

all biases aside, i see merriman as a better leader and that counts for a whole lot.
Danielite
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#9 » by Danielite » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:34 am

They're both different LBs cause Merriman is a pass rusher while DeMarcus is better at coverage and stopping the run. I chose Merriman but it's all what your team needs.
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#10 » by Fatty » Fri Apr 6, 2007 1:16 am

If Im starting a new franchise I would take Ware, he is more complete. Merriman is a pass rusher and it is hard to build a D around an excellent pass rusher.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,180
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#11 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Apr 6, 2007 1:26 am

Fatty wrote:If Im starting a new franchise I would take Ware, he is more complete. Merriman is a pass rusher and it is hard to build a D around an excellent pass rusher.

I disagree, I just question how dominant he would be as a pass rusher without Jamal Williams and their Dominant line freeing him up.

Shaun Philips had a pretty good stretch while Merriman was out.....
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#12 » by studcrackers » Fri Apr 6, 2007 3:14 am

complete agree no-kg jamaal williams is the key to that defense i think his back up mightve had 5 or 6 sacks in his absence (it couldve been phillips though) its not like merriman lacks the talent but with williams commanding 2 guys every down it frees up everything and it helps to have an agressive DC in Wade Phillips calling for Merriman to blitz every down.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Bow2Yao11
Veteran

Post#13 » by Bow2Yao11 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:59 am

Merriman. No doubt.
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio

Return to Player Comparisons