Ryan Grant

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,799

Ryan Grant 

Post#1 » by Ayt » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:27 am

I'm a Packer fan so I've seen a lot of him and obviously think very highly of him. Who would you compare him to as a runner, where would you rank him right now, and what type of ceiling do you think he has?

Hell of a find for only a 6th rounder.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,263

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:10 pm

I think he compares strongly to another Golden Domer, Ricky Watters.

In terms of where he ranks in the NFL right now...I have no idea. While there's no denying what he did once he took over as the Packers primary runningback, you can still say he hasn't done it overt the course of an entire season.

I've heard people say that going into next season, there's really only one back you can put ahead of him and that's Peterson. I almost have to agree.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,467

Post#3 » by CBS7 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:11 pm

I'd still have to put LT up there as well. He had a seemingly off year and still put up 1950 yards and 18 TDs. I'd also put Westbrook who was arguably the best RB this year with 2100+ total yards ahead of Grant.

I'd like to see what Steven Jackson and Joseph Addai can do in a full year healthy as well as Grant, and what Barber can do as a starter.

I guess you can put him as high as 3rd-4th, but thats a little too high for me. Realistically, I predict he'll be around the 5th-8th RB next year, which is far beyond what anyone would have expected for him. He could prove me wrong though by having a huge season if the Packers decide to run more.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,263

Post#4 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:58 pm

D'oh, I meant the only other guy in the NFC. Absolutely you'd have to put LT ahead of him. Addai perhaps as well.

Jackson no doubt is an outstanding back. That line he ran behind this season was one of the worst in recent memory. If they can get it fixed to some degree he's probably a top 3-4 back. Westbrook was oustanding this season as a dual threat.

5th or 6th may be the spot from him. No shame being behind LT, Peterson, Addai, BW and Jackson.

Return to Player Comparisons