The Annual Boom/Bust picks

Moderator: studcrackers

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

The Annual Boom/Bust picks 

Post#1 » by Icness » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:44 pm

http://football.realgm.com/src_article/ ... ft_edition)/

Other than 2011 I've hit a lot more than I've missed, though that year I did nail Gabbert and Kaepernick.

Busts:
Jarvis Jones
Justin Hunter
Sharrif Floyd
Lane Johnson
Kenny Vaccaro
Note that other than Jones, I think these guys will be more "early disappointment" than complete bust. I actually think that both Vaccaro and Johnson will have long, moderately successful careers.

Booms:
Devonte Holloman
Josh Evans
Corey Fuller
Uzoma Nwachuckwu
David Quessenberry
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,903

Re: The Annual Boom/Bust picks 

Post#2 » by gswhoops » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Good list. In addition to those guys, I can't see Margus Hunt living up to the hype if he goes in the top-40
catalyst
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#3 » by catalyst » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:09 pm

gswhoops wrote:Good list. In addition to those guys, I can't see Margus Hunt living up to the hype if he goes in the top-40

Margus is very accessable around Dallas. Nice kid, really is 6-8. I have asked him a time or two about draft. He isnt sure where he fits in. Norm Hitzges had him on and asked on the record where he would play, and he couldnt answer. With all of that said, I would think a creative thinker will use that athletic ability in numerous ways. he will be a role player, and probably never have a real position. I have heard all of the positioning, burst, etc. I dont know about that, but the games I saw him in he was a force as a DE. Always a mystery with a player who has not played alot.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#4 » by Icness » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:17 am

Margus is a very good guy. The first day at Senior Bowl practices he was the player all the other players wanted to talk with, like they were very curious about him and respected him. Classy, honest man. I'm glad to hear he doesn't know where he's going to play because that's my biggest issue with him; he has no real position other than kick blocker. I know the Texans like him as a guy to play end when they go to 4-man fronts, but that's a niche role (24% of defensive snaps) and that's not a 1st round value. Or is it?

Have a very strong inclination that Texans fans are going to HATE their draft this year.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#5 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:45 am

Someone is going to get Robert woods ... AND GET THEMSELVES A STEAL! Dude is off the charts awesome. Totally underrated. Will do everything Cruz does in NY, or Wes Welker with the Patriots, except the dancing part.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
OlDirtMcBert
Senior
And1: 157

Post#6 » by OlDirtMcBert » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:13 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Someone is going to get Robert woods ... AND GET THEMSELVES A STEAL! Dude is off the charts awesome. Totally underrated. Will do everything Cruz does in NY, or Wes Welker with the Patriots, except the dancing part.

Stedman Bailey of WVU is a third down monster. His arms and hands measured out longer and bigger than Tyler Eifert's at 6'5" but Bailey is only 5'11. He'll make some team extremely happy with his ridiculous abilities to catch the ball away from his body. Geno Smith throwing to Austin and Bailey makes me believe he's the bust because he folded like a cheap suit in conference play last season.

Busts:

Kenny Vaccaro, Geno Smith, Ziggy Ansah, Alex Olgetree, Honey Badger

Booms:

Bailey, Bjorn Werner, Montee Ball, AJ Klein, Joseph Randle

Return to NFL Draft