2012 Ask Jeff Risdon a Question

Moderator: studcrackers

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#581 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks for the answer on Shawn, hopefully he gets that phone call.

Pats will keep us waiting till 11 pm and then trade it for a 2014 panthers first round pick or something like that.

I still stick with espn btw. I like kiper and Mcshay is a local boy. I'm liking mayock more and more though.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Re: 2012 Ask Jeff Risdon a Question 

Post#582 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: Jerel Worthy to the Bears - do you think he takes over the three technique from Henry Melton, or start next to him?
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#583 » by Icness » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Susan wrote:Who should I be following on Twitter (besides you of course)?

@evansilva
@ryanlownes
@williamsonNFL
@dpbrugler
@sidelineFB
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#584 » by Icness » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:Bruce Irvin? Iceness - what are you doing to me man? A month ago I was excited about the Bears taking him in the third round, now you and Kiper have him as a late first / early second.

Does he have enough natural talent to come in on third downs and wreak havoc? Is this the Dan Bazuin pick all over again?

Would Phil Emery take that kind of risk in his very first draft as a GM?

I really don't think the Bears take him in the 1st, but no way in hell is he there in the 2nd. Too much speed on the edge. He can contribute in the way Aldon Smith did a year ago, except Smith had the ability to power through someone and Irvin cannot do that. He could get 5-6 sacks as a rookie solely playing on 3rd downs.

Dan Bazuin :lol: could Emery really be any worse drafting than Jerry Angelo?
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#585 » by Icness » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:Re: Jerel Worthy to the Bears - do you think he takes over the three technique from Henry Melton, or start next to him?

I think they would start next to each other. Just a guess pick though.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#586 » by Icness » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:Thanks for the answer on Shawn, hopefully he gets that phone call.

Pats will keep us waiting till 11 pm and then trade it for a 2014 panthers first round pick or something like that.

I still stick with espn btw. I like kiper and Mcshay is a local boy. I'm liking mayock more and more though.

Here's why I think Mayock is trending the wrong direction already: Chandler Jones
Two months ago Mayock didn't even have him in his top 5 defensive ends. Now he comes out proclaiming Jones is the best potential end in this draft. If he's watched the film and come to that assessment late, fine, but he watches film all year and never said boo about Jones. Now that Jones is the flavor of the week Mayock is all over him. That's BS and I wish more people would call him out on it. He's taking less strong of positions as his popularity grows, yet his popularity stems in no small part from his willingness to take a stand that might not be popular. I hope he doesn't continue to sell out.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM

Post#587 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Icness wrote:Dan Bazuin :lol: could Emery really be any worse drafting than Jerry Angelo?

Thats okay - he made up for it by drafting the pool-jumper extraordinaire Jarron Gilbert.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#588 » by studcrackers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Was bummed to see Rick gosselin isn't doing his mock anymore, I guess since he's a columnist now and off the nfl beat. But he's the best in the business
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM

Post#589 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:14 pm

studcrackers wrote:Was bummed to see Rick gosselin isn't doing his mock anymore, I guess since he's a columnist now and off the nfl beat. But he's the best in the business

Mike Mulligan talked about that on Chicago Radio this morning. He said that Rick put as much work into his mock as teams put into their draft boards. Gosselin every year would put together a 400 player draft board that he would use to mock out for all of the teams.

Mulligan went on to say that Gosselin had unprecedented access to a number of teams and that he had such a good reputation and relationships around the league that he could really get a feel for how the draft would play out team to team.

Apparently Gosselin didn't want to do it half-ass, and the time required to be a columnist wouldn't allow him the time to put in what was necessary to do his mock.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#590 » by Icness » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:44 pm

In 2009 the team I was with gave Gosselin the three guys they were considering with their pick and in what order they preferred them. They gave that to him, their own beat writers, and nobody else. I don't know how he pulled that kind of clout but he had it.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#591 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Am I insane or is George Iloka better value in the third than Mark Barron in the top 15?

Also what's happened with Robert Turbin lately? He seems to have a wildly fluctuating draft stock as his big day (Friday) approaches.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Chewie
Lead Assistant
And1: 336

Post#592 » by Chewie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Hey Jeff - Was kicking this question around on Bears board. Is Riley Reiff capable of playing LT in the NFL? Would he grade out coming into this draft better than Carimi last year ? Thanks.
Turn down for what?
Bucksfans1and2
Banned User
And1: 189

Post#593 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Icness wrote:
Celtics_Champs wrote:Thanks for the answer on Shawn, hopefully he gets that phone call.

Here's why I think Mayock is trending the wrong direction already: Chandler Jones
Two months ago Mayock didn't even have him in his top 5 defensive ends. Now he comes out proclaiming Jones is the best potential end in this draft. If he's watched the film and come to that assessment late, fine, but he watches film all year and never said boo about Jones. Now that Jones is the flavor of the week Mayock is all over him. That's BS and I wish more people would call him out on it. He's taking less strong of positions as his popularity grows, yet his popularity stems in no small part from his willingness to take a stand that might not be popular. I hope he doesn't continue to sell out.

He did the exact same thing with McClellin. All of a sudden I'm getting Mayock reports thrown in my face when he didn't have anything to say about him earlier.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#594 » by Icness » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Chewie wrote:Hey Jeff - Was kicking this question around on Bears board. Is Riley Reiff capable of playing LT in the NFL? Would he grade out coming into this draft better than Carimi last year ? Thanks.

He could handle it as well as Jeff Backus does. I do player comps for a living and the Backus-Reiff comp is one of the five best I've ever done in nearly a decade. Better on right side but can hold the fort on the left.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#595 » by Icness » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:53 pm

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Am I insane or is George Iloka better value in the third than Mark Barron in the top 15?

Also what's happened with Robert Turbin lately? He seems to have a wildly fluctuating draft stock as his big day (Friday) approaches.

if I need a safety I would prefer Iloka in the 3rd to Barron in the 1st, better value.

Turbin could go 70, he could go 120. More likely he comes off late Friday. Jets really like him.
Justin33
Sixth Man
And1: 1,067

Post#596 » by Justin33 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Mike Holly of WEEI has said the New England Patriots will take Janoris Jenkins if he is there are you hearing anything like that?
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#597 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Justin33 wrote:Mike Holly of WEEI has said the New England Patriots will take Janoris Jenkins if he is there are you hearing anything like that?

Urban Meyer recruit before getting kicked out for weed. I could totally see it if meyer said some positive things since bb trusts his old buddy.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,456

Post#598 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Hey Jeff, what do you see the Eagles doing today? Big possession receiver and a corner? Safety help? Backup and possible groomed to be the future starting QB? Backup/change of pace RB? Offensive line help?

Big trade maybe, or even trading back?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#599 » by SpeedyG » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:
Justin33 wrote:Mike Holly of WEEI has said the New England Patriots will take Janoris Jenkins if he is there are you hearing anything like that?

Urban Meyer recruit before getting kicked out for weed. I could totally see it if meyer said some positive things since bb trusts his old buddy.

Something like "just let him cover the WR and don't suspend him when he threatens to kill a girl via text, smoke weed, or go Wilt Chamberlain on 1 million women"
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#600 » by Icness » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Pure speculation. Holly would know if anyone would though.

Return to NFL Draft