Pre-Senior Bowl mock

Moderator: studcrackers

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Pre-Senior Bowl mock 

Post#1 » by Icness » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:10 pm

http://football.realgm.com/src_feature/ ... ock_draft/
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andre Luck, QB, Stanford. No change necessary, you can carve this in marble and tattoo it on your face.

2. St. Louis Rams: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor. RG3 will be the #2 pick, but it won't be the Rams taking him. They will trade back and take Blackmon, Claiborne, or perhaps Michael Floyd, depending on how far back they drop.

3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, T, USC. This pick is also for sale, though Rick Speilman would be wise to keep it and upgrade the OL.

4. Cleveland Browns: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State. If they stay put this pick seems likely. The Browns are one of the more active traders on draft day and this year figures to be no exception.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU. Tampa Bay might lose both starting corners and plays in a division with Brees, Newton, and Ryan. You do the math...

6. Washington Ethnic Slurs: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama. It would surprise nobody if the Ethnic Slurs moved up to get RG3, but failing that they could look to shore up the back end of the defense. The recent marijuana charge is no big deal.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame. Might be a reach, but he will rise during workout season and the Jaguars never shy away from doing their own thing. They have to get Gabbert more weapons.

8. Carolina Panthers: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU. Continuing the youth movement up front with the most dynamic line player in this draft.

9. Miami Dolphins: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College. Outstanding tackler that shores up the middle of the field defense. I've heard they are scouting the WR class extensively though.

10. Buffalo Bills: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina. Big-time boom/bust pass rusher for a team that desperately needs one.

Like I said in the notes, teams still don't have draft boards beyond the "cluster" stage at this point. Most coaches have still not seen a single college football game coach's tape.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Re: Pre-Senior Bowl mock 

Post#2 » by studcrackers » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:00 pm

based on jenkins past i cant see the cowboys taking him despite us being in dire need of secondary help (and really any help outside of ware/lee/mike jenkins)
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#3 » by Da Schwab » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Just read the whole thing. Do you think with a little coaching up that Osweiler would be able to right the ship if Eli went down like his brother?
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#4 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:48 am

What's the book on Vinny Curry? Was he unable to adjust to extra attention after his big junior season?

And what about DeVier Posey? He seemed like a nightmare matchup every time I caught an Ohio State game.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#5 » by Smooth32 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:50 am

Really think the Browns will hire Mike Sherman as their OC and grab Ryan Tannehill wherever they can in the draft. Likely on a trade up from #22.

I also think they trade back from #4 and let one of Claiborne, Blackmon or Richardson fall to them because I don't think any of them warrant a top-5 pick.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#6 » by Icness » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Da Schwab wrote:Just read the whole thing. Do you think with a little coaching up that Osweiler would be able to right the ship if Eli went down like his brother?

I'm not sure I would draft Osweiler before about the 6th round. I need to go back and watch him closer though. I would prefer ht G-Men take a guy like Case Keenum or GJ Kinne--the next Matt Flynn--in the later rounds.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#7 » by Icness » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:What's the book on Vinny Curry? Was he unable to adjust to extra attention after his big junior season?

And what about DeVier Posey? He seemed like a nightmare matchup every time I caught an Ohio State game.

Curry still looked very good when he got 1-on-1 blocking but he really struggled when teams chipped him or forced him inside. I like him more than this mock would indicate, he's in my top 30. Most of what he lacks is coachable. I'd love to see what Rod Marinelli could do with him, but I don't think the Bears are looking DE.

Posey only played what, 3 games? That's the big knock. He was dominant against Michigan though, they could not cover him. If he can answer all the suspension stuff--remember he got suspended beyond what Pryor & Co. did--he can really work out his way into the 2nd round. He's never had a legit throwing QB. Great potential for a team like the Rams or Jags to get a potential #1 WR in the 3rd round.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#8 » by Icness » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Smooth32 wrote:Really think the Browns will hire Mike Sherman as their OC and grab Ryan Tannehill wherever they can in the draft. Likely on a trade up from #22.

I also think they trade back from #4 and let one of Claiborne, Blackmon or Richardson fall to them because I don't think any of them warrant a top-5 pick.

Not sure about the first part. I know they love RG3 within the building. But barring that I think your second paragraph is dead on. They're either moving up to #2 or falling back, I see very little chance they stand pat at #4. A little birdie (okay, he's not a little guy) tells me they really like Michael Floyd too :wink:
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#9 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 pm

The Jaguars place a lot of emphasis on character with their selections, and Floyd has some big question marks with his arrest history. Do you really think he's "rehabbed" or do you just think the Jaguars will ignore it?
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#10 » by Icness » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:29 pm

SpeedyG wrote:The Jaguars place a lot of emphasis on character with their selections, and Floyd has some big question marks with his arrest history. Do you really think he's "rehabbed" or do you just think the Jaguars will ignore it?

I think Mr. Khan will do whatever it takes to field a winner. If that means re-creating The Longest Yard, so be it. This guy is going to be the Mark Cuban of the NFL.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#11 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Icness wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:The Jaguars place a lot of emphasis on character with their selections, and Floyd has some big question marks with his arrest history. Do you really think he's "rehabbed" or do you just think the Jaguars will ignore it?

I think Mr. Khan will do whatever it takes to field a winner. If that means re-creating The Longest Yard, so be it. This guy is going to be the Mark Cuban of the NFL.

I don't know about that. I'm hoping Khan will open up his wallet like he claims he will, but he still has Gene Smith as his GM. Both Smith and Khan talked about the Mularkey hiring, and pointed to Mularkey's leadership traits and "integrity" as one of the main reasons they went with him.

Khan talked openly about hiring a coach who not only would impact the Jaguars on the field, but also be in touch with the community.

I cannot imagine that they would divert from Gene Smith's plan and criteria of bringing character guys. I have heard that Floyd has supposedly been better this season, but whether that's legit or simply career/money driven, I don't know.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09

Return to NFL Draft