The Alshon Jeffery podcast

Moderator: studcrackers

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

The Alshon Jeffery podcast 

Post#1 » by Icness » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 am

Wes Bunting of NFP was kind enough to invite me to participate in a 4-man discussion about Alshon Jeffery.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Dra ... table.html

Try and ignore the silent-movie quality of my voice....

I think it's interesting that Matt still believes so strongly in Jeffery. I also think it's interesting that all of our draft projections for him wound up basically the same, in the 30-40 overall range.

I am much higher on Michael Floyd than Jeffery even though Floyd was overweight and trucculent in 2010. In evaluating the two it made me soften my stance somewhat on Jeffery because Floyd proved that you can get your head in the right place, transform your body, and improve. Jeffery has that potential but I would not bet much on him acheiving it.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Bucksfans1and2
Banned User
And1: 189

Re: The Alshon Jeffery podcast 

Post#2 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Is Miller worth listening to?

Typically the Bleacher Report logo is the most reliable sign to not click on the link.
mnWI
General Manager
And1: 47

Post#3 » by mnWI » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:16 am

I listened to it, and thought you did a good job. Wish you guys would have touched on some other prospects at least rather than spending so much time on Jeffery.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#4 » by Icness » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:14 pm

They're doing one every week. Next week is going to be about the Combine but I won't be on. You can listen anyways :roll:
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,572

Post#5 » by fleet » Sat May 19, 2012 5:56 pm

thanks. Very interesting commentary. FWIW, although he had a cramp the first day, Jeffrey has stayed in great shape through rookie minicamp and people were impressed by him. His routes footwork and breaks were reportedly better than anticipated. Apparently he wasn't covered by anybody in camp and caught everything.

ImageImage
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#6 » by Icness » Sun May 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Jeffery made a real smart move in changing agents and training facilities. For whatever reason it finally clicked for him that he needed to make a big change if he wanted to succeed. Very pleased with what I heard from Bears people about him.

I still think he's going to struggle to get separation but like I said in the podcast, he can play off other weapons nicely and be a real threat in the red zone. Line him up flanking Hester in the slot with Marshall on the other side and he's going to get a lot of iso coverage past 10-12 yards with no safety help. That's a lot of 1-on-1 situations against corners and there's not a corner in the league that can match his size and strength. He can get 51 catches, 707 yards, 6 TDs with maybe 50 total yards of YAC as a rookie, similar numbers to Greg Little last year...if Cutler can stay on the field long enough to throw that often.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#7 » by SpeedyG » Wed May 30, 2012 12:08 pm

fleet wrote:thanks. Very interesting commentary. FWIW, although he had a cramp the first day, Jeffrey has stayed in great shape through rookie minicamp and people were impressed by him. His routes footwork and breaks were reportedly better than anticipated. Apparently he wasn't covered by anybody in camp and caught everything.

ImageImage

Man he looks to be in great shape. Wish the Jags nabbed him along with Blackmon.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,572

Post#8 » by fleet » Thu May 31, 2012 5:27 am

^^^Look how skinny he appears here: Must be 220 or sub 220.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXY-QGYFdJk&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.

Return to NFL Draft