Mock draft v4 is up

Moderator: studcrackers

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Mock draft v4 is up 

Post#1 » by Icness » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:54 am

Latest mock is up.

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_feature_article/59/20070409/second_to_last_mock_draft/

I finished it last Thursday and I would actually make two changes to the 1st round right now:

I now believe Detroit is going to take Gaines Adams. Too many people that I know they know what they're talking about are saying the Lions are going to pick Adams, be it #2 or sliding down. That would shift Joe Thomas to Arizona.

Also, I'm pretty well convinced by someone who would know that the Rams would take Carriker at #13 if the board looked like I have it, so put Carriker at 13, drop Branch to CIN at 18, and slide Chris Houston down to DEN. I don't actually think the Broncos are gonna take Houston (or any CB) with their 1st rounder, but it's too complicated to do all kinds of swapping without coming up with a whole new mock and I'm too busy and tired to do that for a couple of weeks.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,977

Post#2 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:31 am

Personally I would hate that draft for the Jets.

Pick One: Revis/Grubbs/Blalock over Moss.
Pick Two: Ugoh/Wright/Smith over Allison.
Pick Two B: Ramierz/Patrick over Thomas
Pick Three: Harris over Pitcock
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by lpsevier » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:27 pm

I love the Falcons first 3 picks.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,852

Post#4 » by gswhoops » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:10 pm

Solid for the Niners, but I think we'd do it a little differently. Okoye isn't a great fit for the 3-4 (my impression, which could be entirely wrong, is that he's not big enough to be that true NT we need to clog up the middle) and considering that Willis is still on the board I think we'd go with him. Then we take Ray McDonald instead of Buster Davis.

Still, it's a good draft for the Niners either way IMO.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,852

Post#5 » by gswhoops » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:11 pm

Also Ice, have you heard anything about Kris Jenkins being on the block?
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#6 » by J.Kim » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:35 pm

Pittman in round 2 for the Titans?

...Why?

I would rather think we're looking for a veteran RB as opposed to a rookie RB to help out LenDale. Plus, he's arrived at Titans offseason conditioning 9 pounds lighter.

We desperately need D-Line help, and I don't think we're going to neglect it until Round 3.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#7 » by treiz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:00 pm

I think the Jets would rather have Revis than Moss if he falls down that far.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#8 » by Icness » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:31 am

J.Kim wrote:Pittman in round 2 for the Titans?

...Why?

I would rather think we're looking for a veteran RB as opposed to a rookie RB to help out LenDale. Plus, he's arrived at Titans offseason conditioning 9 pounds lighter.

We desperately need D-Line help, and I don't think we're going to neglect it until Round 3.

The Titans are a tough read now that Floyd Reese is gone. He was always a BPA guy, and I continued with that line of thinking. And I will be surprised if they don't take a RB to get 8-10 carries a game to keep White fresh; they don't have another RB on the roster right now, not one that should be on a roster anyways. Pittman adds the ability to catch out of the backfield and make things happen in the open field. If they don't take Pittman (or Hunt or Booker) there, I think they'll go CB or DE. The only DTs that anyone should consider in the 2nd round are Marcus Thomas and Tank Tyler, and both those guys have red flags for off-field issues, so rule them out to TEN. Any other DTs would be a reach; they'd still be there in the next round more than likely.

I actually like a lot of the lower-round DTs in this draft, guys like Derek Landri, Matt Toeaina, Joe Cohen, Clifton Ryan. They are more athletically limited than the more prominent guys, but I would bet at least two of those guys wind up being quality starters by the end of 2008. It's a DT class that's lacking standouts and can't miss studs, but there's a lot of guys in that 3rd-6th round range without a lot of difference between them that are going to help some teams right away. And I think the Titans will be one of them.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#9 » by J.Kim » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:48 am

I actually would prefer that the Titans would address CB issues with the First rounder. I mean even without Pacman, our depth at the position was woeful at best, and Nick Harper isn't getting any younger either....

At this point, I'd love it if the Titans were to end up with something like:

1st: Houston/Ross
2nd: Rice/Hill/Davis
3rd: Bazuin/Pitcock/McDonald
Modern_epic
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#10 » by Modern_epic » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:58 am

The Packers taking TE in rounds 2 and 3? I know Bubba Franks isn't very good, but that seems excessive to me.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#11 » by Next Coming » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:02 am

That would be a very good draft for the Bills. Tanard Jackson and Lorenzo Booker are two of my favorite prospects in the draft.
sp1187
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by sp1187 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:54 am

I like this mock draft for my jags. Edwards & Nelson :) :P
Howard N Nelson - Magic Future for the Next eh...5 years
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#13 » by ajaX82 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:16 am

Whoa whoa whoa, Ice, Gaines Adams now?

You have been riding the "JT is a lock here" train for quite some time now. Now its Adams?
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#14 » by Icness » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:16 am

ajaX82 wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, Ice, Gaines Adams now?

You have been riding the "JT is a lock here" train for quite some time now. Now its Adams?

LOL I know. But I talked to the Lions beatie from the GR Press and also one of their regional scouts and they both told me Marinelli wanted Adams and won the argument with Millen.

The scout did say that the minicamp this week will be "vitally important" for George Foster. If Marinelli likes his makeup then you can be sure the pick will be Adams. If he fails to impress then Thomas is still in play. I haven't heard how the first day went yet.
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Pierce 4 3 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:52 pm

I like Aaron Ross at 24 and Micheal Griffin at 28 for the pats
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#16 » by Fatty » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:24 am

I think Yamon Figurs willbe a better pro than Ted Ginn. He has the speed and is better at route running and catching.
bech01a1
Senior

Post#17 » by bech01a1 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:27 pm

You obviously know your stuff, and put a lot of work into this, but I do not see the eagles taking offense with two of their first three picks.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#18 » by Icness » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:06 pm

Fatty wrote:I think Yamon Figurs willbe a better pro than Ted Ginn. He has the speed and is better at route running and catching.

I haven't seen much of Figurs but a couple scouts I know like him as a Dante Hall-type, but with more fluid route running. He's certainly got the speed and elusiveness to be an effective underneath weapon and preier return man.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,583

Post#19 » by Harry Palmer » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:24 pm

Ice, you don't have Moses going on the first day, at all? Do you know something about him I haven't heard yet? (Well, I'm sure you do, but be specific, please. :) )
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#20 » by Icness » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:54 am

Harry Palmer wrote:Ice, you don't have Moses going on the first day, at all? Do you know something about him I haven't heard yet? (Well, I'm sure you do, but be specific, please. :) )

He's dropping like a rock. Played pretty poorly in 2006, significantly below expectations. Was particularly bad against the run, couldn't shed blockers at all. He got dominated by physical players and schemes. Didn't help himself at all at the Senior Bowl and really hurt himself at the Combine, where he was overweight and apathetic. His status might also be related to the news about Johnson, Okoye, and Adams, only he wasn't forthcoming about it.

I'm working on the final tweaking and he's probably going to bubble back into the last 15 or so picks, just because some people still hold him in high regard from his fantastic junior season and how he kept his head up while Charles Johnson got all the glory while Moses got doubleteamed every play. What's interesting is that Johnson's stock is also dropping--people are coming around to realizing he's one-dimensional and relies almost exclusively on beating the lineman to the spot, something much easier to do in college than the NFL. I actually saw a mock where those two went back to back at #53 and 54, and that's not unrealistic.

Return to NFL Draft