And1: 18,474

Minnesota Royals vs. Kansas City Twins 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:36 pm

Ponson vs. ?????? in game one

Hunter will start in CF
Casilla starting for Castillo
White not ready to come off DL, but is eligible to
Tyner to start in LF
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#2 » by kg2005 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:47 pm

Um... go Royals? Or Twins? I'm not sure.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Klomp » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:10 am

Go Minnesota!
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

TheFranchise21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#4 » by TheFranchise21 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:34 am

Ponson is 2-3 more bad starts away from Garza getting called up.
My Kobe Bryant website I designed myself: http://personal.stthomas.edu/dnnguyen/kb24.
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#5 » by gold0259 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:30 pm

I think slowey is next in line, or Matty Guerrier could get the nod, I am not sure if the twins will demote PONSON to the bp or cut him or send him back to aaa? Ponsons pace is terrible, give him the lead against KC and get smoked, damn.
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by kg2005 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:42 pm

Gardenhire has shown in the past that he isn't going to move Guerrier to the rotation. I actually agree with him, I think he's doing a fine job where he's at in the bullpen. As for Slowey, I have no idea where you get that. Garza has been number one on the list since last fall.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#7 » by horaceworthy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:13 pm

Slowey may have passed him recently. Garza's been struggling with his control, neck pain and headaches, while Slowey's been lights out in his starts. A dark horse might be Scott Baker. He's been very good his last two starts, and the organization might not be as worried about getting his service clock ticking as they might be with Slowey. He also wasn't quite as bad last year as his ERA and WHIP suggested. Right now he leads Rochester in IP and K's.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Klomp » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:17 pm

We just won 7-5. Nathan picks up another save.

kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by kg2005 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:11 pm

horaceworthy wrote:Slowey may have passed him recently. Garza's been struggling with his control, neck pain and headaches, while Slowey's been lights out in his starts. A dark horse might be Scott Baker. He's been very good his last two starts, and the organization might not be as worried about getting his service clock ticking as they might be with Slowey. He also wasn't quite as bad last year as his ERA and WHIP suggested. Right now he leads Rochester in IP and K's.

No doubt I would love to see Baker back up in the bigs. He really hasn't gotten a fair shot. There's no question he would be a better option than Ponson, anyway.
gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

Post#10 » by gold0259 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:11 pm

Garza's needs a year like Bartlett had, to relax and find himself, and realize what is takes to be part of the Twins, yeah he fast tracked last year and blew himself up by working so hard, we was fatigued when he got up here. He has to pay his dues here, and get all of his pitches under control, not just old #1.. KG2005 don't know where you get your info from but check out the Rockcats website to see how the pitching staff is doing Garza's command and performances as of late do not warrant him being the next in line to join the bigs, as much as he may have twice the raw natural talent as the rest of the staff, he still needs a little fine tuning, and you're boy Terry Ryan usually has a mystically way of making players understand that and buying into the system.

Feel bad for Boof with E4 in the first, but the kid gives up dingers like silva gives up singles. 11-6 take it and run. But the 5th spot in the rotation needs to be addressed and fast.

Return to Minnesota Twins