ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Ideas Thread

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#81 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 25, 2007 6:16 pm

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm talking about villone....maybe they will take Vizcaino too?

they are the Phillies
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#82 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 25, 2007 6:27 pm

The Yankees appear to have almost no interest in Todd Helton "He doesn't fit at all what we're trying to do," one Yankees exec said of Helton, who has $85 million remaining on his contract. Yet there's little chance they'd let Teixeira, a young superstar with no negatives who's arbitration eligible next year (his 2007 salary is a reasonable $9.4 million), be dealt without making a play.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#83 » by 34Celtic » Fri May 25, 2007 6:48 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:
The Yankees appear to have almost no interest in Todd Helton "He doesn't fit at all what we're trying to do," one Yankees exec said of Helton, who has $85 million remaining on his contract. Yet there's little chance they'd let Teixeira, a young superstar with no negatives who's arbitration eligible next year (his 2007 salary is a reasonable $9.4 million), be dealt without making a play.

STILL, you ok with giving up Joba, Duncan, Clippard, and another prospect for Teixera?
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#84 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 25, 2007 6:49 pm

STILL, you ok with giving up Joba, Duncan, Clippard, and another prospect for Teixera?

nope especially when he is not guaranteed to stay
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#85 » by 34Celtic » Fri May 25, 2007 6:57 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

nope especially when he is not guaranteed to stay
Well we have no guarantees in those young arms. :wink: That being said I would definitly try to weasel my way into negotiating before the trade actually went down. Ala Sheffield with Detroit in the offseason
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#86 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 25, 2007 7:06 pm

Well we have no guarantees in those young arms. :wink: That being said I would definitly try to weasel my way into negotiating before the trade actually went down. Ala Sheffield with Detroit in the offseason

picture this :

Clip,Joba,Whealan to Texas for Texiera

Texiara plays out this season and next season signs w/ the Baltimore Orioles

Clippard becomes a # 2 or 3 SP in Texas, Whelan gets his control and becomes a damn good closer, Joba by mid-season we hear talks of a big time SP coming up possible ACE in Joba Chamberlain will debut for the Rangers. You just built their pitching core and lose Texiara at the same time so what you did was rob your organization , heighten the specualtions of your firing and weaken the future pitching core of your team.

Does this look like a good deal ?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#87 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 25, 2007 8:01 pm

Trading Texiera for pretty much the heart of our farm system isn't a smart idea at all.

Jake Peavy for those guys? I may think about it. But Mark Texiera? :rofl:

Do you want to trade Phil Hughes for Mark Texiera too, 34Celtic?
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#88 » by Jitpal » Fri May 25, 2007 9:07 pm

Why trade for Teixiera? He is going to be a free agent the season after next. You sign him not trade for him. You give up so much, although I am not sure you would have to. Kenny Williams just stole away John Danks from Texas. Danks is a 2 while McCarthy can be a 2 on a very good day but otherwise a 3. Plus he got some more things from Texas in the minor leagues as well. Still, I would not trade for Teixiera unless we got a steal of a deal. Just sign him and be done with it. -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#89 » by 34Celtic » Sat May 26, 2007 4:50 pm

cmaff051 wrote:Do you want to trade Phil Hughes for Mark Texiera too, 34Celtic?

Good one dude.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#90 » by moocow007 » Sun May 27, 2007 3:55 am

The Yankees need some high energy gamers that play it hard and to win not more big sluggers that can't contribute much except at the plate. Trading for Teixiera makes little sense IMHO.
throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#91 » by throwbackewing33 » Mon May 28, 2007 5:50 pm

If we get a bat I want some one who is going to get on base and not strike out half the time. I want a guy that will be a spark and get on base, steal bases and put pressure on the opposing pitcher. Oh and they better play defense. This type of player will probably be an outfielder.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#92 » by Jitpal » Tue May 29, 2007 12:47 am

At least 2 balls that a good RF would have caught were missed by Abreu tonight and both led to runs. So, why isn't Victorino a Yankee a yet? Why is Damon playing CF again? This guy can't throw Jose Molina out. -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#93 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 29, 2007 2:18 am

throwbackewing33 wrote:If we get a bat I want some one who is going to get on base and not strike out half the time. I want a guy that will be a spark and get on base, steal bases and put pressure on the opposing pitcher. Oh and they better play defense. This type of player will probably be an outfielder.

We had him, his name was Bobby Abreu. Joe Torre just cant find him. Has anyone seen him around? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#94 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 29, 2007 2:19 am

Jitpal wrote:So, why isn't Victorino a Yankee a yet?

Just think about it, Philly probably would want too much, or they hang up the phone when Cashman calls. This isn't the Major Help the Yankees win League
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#95 » by Jitpal » Tue May 29, 2007 2:26 am

We need new outfielders, all 3 of ours are horrible the only one who pulls his own weight is Matsui. The others are disgusting. I mean watching Damon "run" down the line to first is like watching Posada running down without the hustle. You would think outfield wall was covered with spikes the way Abreu deals with it. He doesn't run down balls, takes bad routes and can't hit at all. It's not even like one can say that the guy is young and he will get it or at least he hits. It is just a disgrace out there. Even if it does cost a lot, we need to do something. -Jitpal
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#96 » by NYKnSTILL! » Tue May 29, 2007 2:29 am

Jitpal wrote:We need new outfielders, all 3 of ours are horrible the only one who pulls his own weight is Matsui. The others are disgusting. I mean watching Damon "run" down the line to first is like watching Posada running down without the hustle. You would think outfield wall was covered with spikes the way Abreu deals with it. He doesn't run down balls, takes bad routes and can't hit at all. It's not even like one can say that the guy is young and he will get it or at least he hits. It is just a disgrace out there. Even if it does cost a lot, we need to do something. -Jitpal

Don't get me started on Matfui this guy is still in a coma since the injury :evil:
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#97 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 29, 2007 2:30 am

I don't understand what happened to Abreu, the guy was great the last 2 months of last season for us. He fit perfectly in the 3 hole
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#98 » by moocow007 » Tue May 29, 2007 3:43 am

34Celtic wrote:I don't understand what happened to Abreu, the guy was great the last 2 months of last season for us. He fit perfectly in the 3 hole

How scary if it's the same thing that happened to Knoblauch (except instead of throwing the ball it's hitting the ball)?
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,084

Post#99 » by SARGO127 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:47 pm

What we need to do is trade for Carl Crawford. Anyone outside of Hughes and Tabata.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#100 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 31, 2007 3:44 am

I love the Carl Crawford deal thought but who knows what happens there.

I also think now w/ Hughes set back we should phone the Giants Farnsworth for Noah Lowry lets be honest he won't crack like Benitez and we need a 5th starter in case Clipp doesn't pan out.

Return to New York Yankees