Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,503

Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK 1 DISCUSSION 

Post#102 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 4, 2017 7:04 am

studcrackers wrote:johnny football should get his buyout

As an OSU fan, I wanted to get your take on Chris Carson. He's really impressed for the Hawks in the Pre-season. Rumor is he could even share carries with Lacy & Rawls.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#103 » by studcrackers » Mon Sep 4, 2017 8:05 am

at ok st he was solid but not spectacular. don't really recall many break away plays, but he was pretty strong from what i recall. dont remember him being the full time starter. since ive been following the team he's probably the 4th best back they had (5th if ya want to consider tyreek hill) was a pretty good short down back iirc

he ended his career pretty well with the school and i was happy when my friend said he was having a nice training camp. he was a JUCO transfer so he only played 2 years in stillwater
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#104 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Sep 4, 2017 12:16 pm

bondom34 wrote:Well this is apparently from the guy A&M's learning center is named after, so not great for Sumlin.

Read on Twitter
/photo/1

Seems like yesterday he was the hot HC candidate everywhere.

That didn't take long...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,585

Post#105 » by hermes » Mon Sep 4, 2017 12:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Rosen was impressive. I haven't seen enough of the Wyoming QB. But I'm not sure who I would give the edge between Rosen & Darnold.

i have only seen one game of allen, but you can tell he has a lot of the tools you'd want to be a good/great qb

the trouble this year for him, especially early, is that he lost all his weapons from last year and the new guys aren't really up to scratch yet - which is a lot of the reason iowa was able to stymie the entire offense - they should have had a long td in the second half but the wr bobbled the ball out of bounds

his stats and the team's record might not indicate he's one of the top qb prospects this year because right now he's got no one around him. we'll see if anyone else can step up to help him out
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#106 » by bleu » Tue Sep 5, 2017 12:36 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Rosen was impressive. I haven't seen enough of the Wyoming QB. But I'm not sure who I would give the edge between Rosen & Darnold.

As an NFL prospect, I would certainly go Darnold. Rosen is a fantastic college QB, but I don't see his talent translating well into the pro game. However, I would easily take Allen over either of them. People like to point out his stats in week one, and no, Allen won't put up stats like some of the other guys. However, you have to look at what he's playing with. He's playing behind a garbage offensive line, without a very good running back, and with sub-par receivers. Most of the guys on his offense are one or two star recruits or lower. For me he just passes the eye test though.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by bleu » Tue Sep 5, 2017 12:39 am

Lets go Georgia Tech! I don't have any real beef with the SEC, I just find myself cheering against them in almost every circumstance. I guess I'm just ready for a change of the guard, and I feel like the media/SEC fans have gotten so overly obsessed with the conference. I'd love to see Ga Tech get one tonight.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#108 » by studcrackers » Tue Sep 5, 2017 2:05 am

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#109 » by studcrackers » Tue Sep 5, 2017 2:16 am

bleu wrote:

As an NFL prospect, I would certainly go Darnold. Rosen is a fantastic college QB, but I don't see his talent translating well into the pro game. However, I would easily take Allen over either of them. People like to point out his stats in week one, and no, Allen won't put up stats like some of the other guys. However, you have to look at what he's playing with. He's playing behind a garbage offensive line, without a very good running back, and with sub-par receivers. Most of the guys on his offense are one or two star recruits or lower. For me he just passes the eye test though.

I'd still like him to complete 60% of his passes in a lesser conference
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#110 » by Yunsen » Tue Sep 5, 2017 3:13 am

Went to my first college football game this week (Troy-Boise State). Found the experience kind of underwhelming. It was a mixture of the heat, the massive crowd, annoying fans (just 2-3 people) and a boring game (I missed half the scoring spending 15 minutes to get food). I'd probably go to another college football game again but under much different circumstances.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#111 » by bleu » Tue Sep 5, 2017 3:19 am

Yunsen wrote:Went to my first college football game this week (Troy-Boise State). Found the experience kind of underwhelming. It was a mixture of the heat, the massive crowd, annoying fans (just 2-3 people) and a boring game (I missed half the scoring spending 15 minutes to get food). I'd probably go to another college football game again but under much different circumstances.

Understandable, don't base your college football fandom on a game in Boise though. Especially a game in Boise in the middle of the day in early September against a Sun Belt team. That stadium is awful (blue turf aside), and that was a very boring game. Get out to a game at Camp Randle or Neyland Stadium, or even at a place like University of Utah or Kansas State and you'd have a VERY different impression.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by bleu » Tue Sep 5, 2017 3:20 am

This Tennessee - Georgia Tech game has been fantastic. I love watching the triple option offense. I'd like to see Ga Tech win it, but I'd also really love overtime.
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#113 » by Yunsen » Tue Sep 5, 2017 3:31 am

bleu wrote:
Yunsen wrote:Went to my first college football game this week (Troy-Boise State). Found the experience kind of underwhelming. It was a mixture of the heat, the massive crowd, annoying fans (just 2-3 people) and a boring game (I missed half the scoring spending 15 minutes to get food). I'd probably go to another college football game again but under much different circumstances.

Understandable, don't base your college football fandom on a game in Boise though. Especially a game in Boise in the middle of the day in early September against a Sun Belt team. That stadium is awful (blue turf aside), and that was a very boring game. Get out to a game at Camp Randle or Neyland Stadium, or even at a place like University of Utah or Kansas State and you'd have a VERY different impression.

I live in Washington State so UW or WSU are my main options. Slightly closer to Pullman than Seattle but it's only like a 40 mile difference. This trip came kind of suddenly and my cousin who goes to Boise State got us tickets.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,503

Post#114 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 5, 2017 3:50 am

Yunsen wrote:
bleu wrote:

I live in Washington State so UW or WSU are my main options. Slightly closer to Pullman than Seattle but it's only like a 40 mile difference. This trip came kind of suddenly and my cousin who goes to Boise State got us tickets.

I go to a lot of UW games. It's a blast! They have this thing called "The Zone" where they serve alcohol. I usually hang out in that area lol. It's cool because they also have screens with the game on. So, People just hang out & drink. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Wannabe MEP
Analyst
And1: 1,786

Post#115 » by Wannabe MEP » Tue Sep 5, 2017 4:08 pm

bleu wrote:

• City of Boise? wonderful
  • BSU football? lots of fun
  • BSU football stadium experience? meh (except when they're really good and taking on an elite Power-5 school, and most of those games have happened away/neutral)
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#116 » by studcrackers » Tue Sep 5, 2017 4:45 pm

Ya gotta find a place with a good tailgate setup
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#117 » by studcrackers » Tue Sep 5, 2017 4:46 pm

Marylands qb who primarily whipped Texas ass Saturday tore his acl. Sucks for him
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#118 » by Mr. E » Tue Sep 5, 2017 7:33 pm

I didn't get to watch anything this past week due to other stuff going on in Houston, but I think that we have proven that there is a curse on former Houston coaches who ditch the team for supposedly greener pastures. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by bleu » Wed Sep 6, 2017 10:07 pm

studcrackers wrote:Marylands qb who primarily whipped Texas ass Saturday tore his acl. Sucks for him

Really really really sucks. I feel so bad for the kid. And as a Maryland fan I feel bad for myself and Maryland fans everywhere.

Return to NCAA Football