Week 2 Thread

Moderator: studcrackers

Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#101 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Sep 9, 2007 1:54 pm

^ me too. i don't like michigan but mike hart seems like a nice guy and his college career is pretty damn impressive. hope he gets some love in the pros. this is a pretty awful year for him.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#102 » by Icness » Sun Sep 9, 2007 2:04 pm

Some truly great posts and insightful fans here :clap: :bowdown:

My Sat. thoughts:

--not to get cocky or anything, but I picked USF to beat Auburn and South Carolina to beat Georgia. Sadly I thought Michigan would bounce back, ignoring everything that my eyes told me.

--LSU is #1. Go to the thread...

--Oklahoma is a legit national title contender, better than I thought. Their OL completely dominated Miami and absolutely snuffed Calais Campbell, who IMO is the best pass rusher in the nation. He was on his a$$ more than he was in the backfield. Bob Stoops knows how to tailor a gameplan based on the opponent, and they have the personnel to do just about anything.

--Bill Callahan is a truly dreadful in-game coach. Nebraska did everything they could to give Wake that game but got bailed out by the awesomeness that is Zac Bowman. On that last INT Bowman broke from the assigned defensive call because he had a better read on what Wake was going to do than his coaches did. Between going for it on 4th & 2 at around the WF 40, or calling a slow-developing bubble screen on 3rd & goal early on that cost them a TD and momentum, Callahan looked bad. Nebraska is good enough to beat USC next week if they don't get in their own way and Keller plays well. His throws are ugly but he's pretty accurate and they've got speed to burn outside.

--Just finished watching OSU-Akron, and don't let the 20-2 score fool you--Ohio State absolutely dominated the game. 12 straight 3-and-outs by the OSU defense, and on 9 of those drives Akron didn't gain a yard or lost yardage. The only thing that derailed the score was 5 turnovers by the Buckeyes, including a throw by Boeckmann that should have been a huge play for OSU. Tressel called off the dogs halfway thru the 2nd half or else it could easily have been 40-2. Akron is a mid-pack MAC team so it's hard to judge how dominant the Buckeye defense really is, but they have so much speedy size at DE and LB they're gonna be a nightmare for teams without very good OLs.

--check out Missouri if you get a chance, they're impressive. Chase Daniel looks legit at QB, the strong arm/quick release combo you want, and he's very good at finding the mismatches. He's got some Alex Smith in him. Strange offense--they basically run a spread but often with 2 TEs instead of slot wideouts. Really helps blunt the pass rush and opens the deep middle up very nicely--good playbook wrinkle. The defense isn't good enough to beat Oklahoma or Texas though.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,701

Post#103 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:19 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

not really. USC is vastly overrated. john david booty sucks. even my USC friends know that.

I'm really amazed at how certain you are about Booty. It's not like USC was forced to go with Booty because they didn't have other talent around. Booty won that spot over other ultra-top prospects at a school whose recent trend is to make their QBs reach their absolute potential. That's got to say something. Beyond that, dude threw at a 3:1 TD-Int ratio last year in his first year as a starter, so when you say he "sucks" what kind of numbers are you expecting out of him this year?
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#104 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:50 am

^ nothing spectacular. enough to make USC top 5 team but not top 1.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,565

Post#105 » by El Turco » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:40 am

Doctor MJ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm really amazed at how certain you are about Booty. It's not like USC was forced to go with Booty because they didn't have other talent around. Booty won that spot over other ultra-top prospects at a school whose recent trend is to make their QBs reach their absolute potential. That's got to say something. Beyond that, dude threw at a 3:1 TD-Int ratio last year in his first year as a starter, so when you say he "sucks" what kind of numbers are you expecting out of him this year?

I do think booty is a good qb but he didnt really have much competition for the job. Michael McDonald flat out sucks and mark sanchez couldnt compete because he is a punk.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.

Return to NCAA Football