Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Re: Bowl Games 

Post#21 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 2, 2018 3:25 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Lucky you !! It was a great game to watch on T.V. as well.

Yeah, I'm staying with family down in Arizona & got a free ticket to the game. :biggrin:

It was a blast!

Thanks for sharing that considering its 17 below zero here. :wink:

:lol:

It was close to 80 on Saturday in Phoenix. :wink:

Got to the stadium early & did a little tailgating to top it off! :P :party:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 2, 2018 3:28 am

Cactus Jack wrote::party:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Yeah, I'm staying with family down in Arizona & got a free ticket to the game. :biggrin:

It was a blast!

Thanks for sharing that considering its 17 below zero here. :wink:

I can't believe you have family that puts up with you, :wink: :lol:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#23 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jan 2, 2018 3:33 am

Oh well, I took Oklahoma at the beginning. And now I'm done. It was a good game though.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 2, 2018 3:38 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote::party:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Thanks for sharing that considering its 17 below zero here. :wink:

I can't believe you have family that puts up with you, :wink: :lol:

I know! :lol:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#25 » by bondom34 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 5:51 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I went to the game. :D

Saquon Barkley is a beast. I haven't seen a back that good in a while. He looks like the real deal. I was also really impressed with McSorley. He's really underrated. Guy seemed to convert every key 3rd down. It was infuriating to watch as a UW fan. :lol:

Lucky you !! It was a great game to watch on T.V. as well.

Yeah, I'm staying with family down in Arizona & got a free ticket to the game. :biggrin:

Great seats too! It was a blast!!! :D

Well darn, I'm jealous! Yeah was really impressed w/ UW coming back too. Going to really miss Saquon, he's the most fun I've ever had watching a player, and I'm going back to the early/mid 90s. Trace doesn't get the hype because he's not an NFL prospect, but the kid is a winner (IIRC he was undefeated in high school or something crazy). Pettis is really good too, think he's going to be a player in the NFL as well.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#26 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:08 am

bondom34 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Lucky you !! It was a great game to watch on T.V. as well.

Well darn, I'm jealous! Yeah was really impressed w/ UW coming back too. Going to really miss Saquon, he's the most fun I've ever had watching a player, and I'm going back to the early/mid 90s. Trace doesn't get the hype because he's not an NFL prospect, but the kid is a winner (IIRC he was undefeated in high school or something crazy). Pettis is really good too, think he's going to be a player in the NFL as well.

Pettis can be must watch when he gets the ball in his hands. He took a backseat to John Ross prior to this season, but he's been lights out the last couple of years. Dynamic returner. Not sure what he was thinking on that last play however. Still kind of dumbfounded. :(
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by bondom34 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:11 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Yeah, I'm staying with family down in Arizona & got a free ticket to the game. :biggrin:

Pettis can be must watch when he gets the ball in his hands. He took a backseat to John Ross prior to this season, but he's been lights out the last couple of years. Dynamic returner. Not sure what he was thinking on that last play however. Still kind of dumbfounded. :(

Same. Honestly the last 4 minutes I was convinced you were coming back. Felt like OSU game all over.

As for the NTC I don't even care, SEC can screw itself.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:26 am

bondom34 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Well darn, I'm jealous! Yeah was really impressed w/ UW coming back too. Going to really miss Saquon, he's the most fun I've ever had watching a player, and I'm going back to the early/mid 90s. Trace doesn't get the hype because he's not an NFL prospect, but the kid is a winner (IIRC he was undefeated in high school or something crazy). Pettis is really good too, think he's going to be a player in the NFL as well.

Same. Honestly the last 4 minutes I was convinced you were coming back. Felt like OSU game all over.

Honestly, there was a lot of Penn St. fans at the game (outnumbered us I think). I had no idea you guys traveled so well. Especially across country essentially. Good showing. :wink:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by bondom34 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 8:09 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Pettis can be must watch when he gets the ball in his hands. He took a backseat to John Ross prior to this season, but he's been lights out the last couple of years. Dynamic returner. Not sure what he was thinking on that last play however. Still kind of dumbfounded. :(

Honestly, there was a lot of Penn St. fans at the game (outnumbered us I think). I had no idea you guys traveled so well. Especially across country essentially. Good showing. :wink:

Its a shockingly widespread alumni base lol. I have seen a ton of people wherever I've lived out east and from what I've heard a lot of Big Ten road games are near "home" games. I was at Maryland and it was largely PSU fans. Glad to hear they showed well there!
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#30 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jan 3, 2018 4:08 am

Bulltalk wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:I hear what your saying BT. It's only 1 down year. Only a single season. Next year , big bounce back. However, I'm not here to dispute any of what you said, only 1 part. Recruiting. UW area of need is its defensive tackles. As the ones they have now are about to leave or soon leave, maybe 1 more season. And UW has not addressed that need. They struck out on all their top targets(according to recruiting sites). And the only problems UW had was against Stanford. ASU. Etc. Who basically know that the depth is not there. Especially with #50 eventually leaving. That's the only dispute I have with UW. recruiting the powerful Dtackles up front, which is their #1 recruiting concern. And that was not addressed.

I will admit that DT is a concern. A second reason to be hopeful is the signing of Sam Taimani out of Utah, who many recruiting sites have listed as an OG, but UW plan on using him at DT. This guy is arguably the #2 DT recruit west of the Mississippi.

Well see...

A guy who is an offensive guard. Tested as an offensive guard. Recruited heavily, as an offensive guard. But is the #2 defensive tackle? Well that's a stretch. The Huskies #50 who just declared for the NFL is a runner and a run stopper. Who can run sideline to sideline, and plug holes. An offensive guard has his area in a small box to block, maybe pull once in a while. Big difference.

But as you said, well see.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#31 » by Bulltalk » Wed Jan 3, 2018 4:16 am

LAKESHOW wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:I hear what your saying BT. It's only 1 down year. Only a single season. Next year , big bounce back. However, I'm not here to dispute any of what you said, only 1 part. Recruiting. UW area of need is its defensive tackles. As the ones they have now are about to leave or soon leave, maybe 1 more season. And UW has not addressed that need. They struck out on all their top targets(according to recruiting sites). And the only problems UW had was against Stanford. ASU. Etc. Who basically know that the depth is not there. Especially with #50 eventually leaving. That's the only dispute I have with UW. recruiting the powerful Dtackles up front, which is their #1 recruiting concern. And that was not addressed.

I will admit that DT is a concern. A second reason to be hopeful is the signing of Sam Taimani out of Utah, who many recruiting sites have listed as an OG, but UW plan on using him at DT. This guy is arguably the #2 DT recruit west of the Mississippi.

Well see...

A guy who is an offensive guard. Tested as an offensive guard. Recruited heavily, as an offensive guard. But is the #2 defensive tackle? Well that's a stretch. The Huskies #50 who just declared for the NFL is a runner and a run stopper. Who can run sideline to sideline, and plug holes. An offensive guard has his area in a small box to block, maybe pull once in a while. Big difference.

But as you said, well see.

All I'm saying is he was recruited as a DT tackle by the Huskies. He's played both positions. He has huge upside on both. We'll see. A lot of these recruiting sites are monkey-see-monkey-do, and they don't really know. Taimani certainly wouldn't be the first line talent to switch from offensive line to defensive line, or vice versa. It's actually becoming more common these days.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#32 » by studcrackers » Tue Jan 9, 2018 12:55 am

Roll Tide
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#33 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 1:54 am

studcrackers wrote:Roll Tide

Naaaah dawg...
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#34 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 9, 2018 4:53 am

Read on Twitter
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#35 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:02 am

Juuuuust a bit outside.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#36 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:11 am

Damn! That was a great finish!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#37 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:25 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ouch! :lol:
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#38 » by studcrackers » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:58 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
studcrackers wrote:Roll Tide

Naaaah dawg...

Nah
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#39 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 9, 2018 6:34 am

4 Hours to play a 60 minute game (Excluding the OT)... :roll:

I'm not sure what the average game in college football is (3.5?), but with all of the stoppages & TV timeouts, it just seems to get more egregious each year. Very good finish to the game, but I can't believe that I sat & watched pretty much the whole thing! :lol:

FWIW:
An average NFL game: more than 100 commercials and just 11 minutes of play

https://qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-game-more-than-100-commercials-and-just-11-minutes-of-play/
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#40 » by TMU » Tue Jan 9, 2018 10:54 am

Dang, fell asleep while watching the game. I woke up to watch the highlights to find out those Roll **** Tides came back!? Did Darth Vader Brady have another death march or what?

Return to NCAA Football