How good is the USC defense?

Moderator: studcrackers

jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

How good is the USC defense? 

Post#1 » by jumanji » Thu Aug 2, 2007 1:45 am

Probably not going to rank with the Bubba Smith George Webster defense that Michigan State had back in the 60's but the trojans are loaded. Ellis, Jackson up front, potentially 3 first round picks at linebacker with Rivers,Malauuga and Cushing. They're real good.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#2 » by bigboy1234 » Thu Aug 2, 2007 1:52 am

They're real good.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,205
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Aug 2, 2007 2:33 am

They are real good, but I'm sure they will find a way to be overrated. :lol:

/Jokes
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#4 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu Aug 2, 2007 6:58 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:They are real good, but I'm sure they will find a way to be overrated. :lol:

/Jokes

Actually, you're probably right. I hear that ESPN will do a Who's Now? bracket pitting USC against the all-time great college football teams. Meanwhile, Rey Maualuga gets his pick between Erin Andrews, Rachel Nichols, and Lisa Salters.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Aug 2, 2007 10:30 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Actually, you're probably right. I hear that ESPN will do a Who's Now? bracket pitting USC against the all-time great college football teams. Meanwhile, Rey Maualuga gets his pick between Erin Andrews, Rachel Nichols, and Lisa Salters.

I remember when they did that leading up to the USC Vs. Texas Rose Bowl.

I think they ended up as the second greatest team of all time in NCAA history, behind another USC team... and they didn't even win the Championship.

If you take anything away from this thread, know this:

LSU>USC
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#6 » by studcrackers » Thu Aug 2, 2007 5:36 pm

i remember that feature from espn.

it was the most annoying piece of slob knobbing journalism ive ever seen. its bull that they get credit for backtoback titles and then the experts figure that no doubt in there mind usc would win. i dont care for texas but i rooted for them that game and that ending was sweet.

id blame reggie bush when he was about to get inside the 10 yard line and he stupidly laterals it back to a teammate who of course wasnt expecting it.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 9,493

Post#7 » by meatball sub » Fri Aug 3, 2007 8:52 am

USC's defense can be described by one word, and that word rhymes with "masty".
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#8 » by bigboy1234 » Fri Aug 3, 2007 8:58 am

bove310 wrote:USC's defense can be described by one word, and that word rhymes with "masty".

Astley, as in Rick Astley.
freakon0mics
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#9 » by freakon0mics » Wed Aug 8, 2007 8:09 pm

They all are returning and they looked great in stopping Michigan in the Rose bowl. They stopped Mike Hart and covered Manningham pretty good. Add that with a year of experience and a maturing offense and you have yourself a dynamic team.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
jumanji
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by jumanji » Wed Aug 8, 2007 11:43 pm

They are loaded and they'd handle LSU, Florida or anyone else from that part of the world. You've got 5 potential number ones in their front 7. Nobody is going to come close to that.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Aug 9, 2007 3:11 am

jumanji wrote:They are loaded and they'd handle LSU, Florida or anyone else from that part of the world. You've got 5 potential number ones in their front 7. Nobody is going to come close to that.

I'll believe it when USC goes to a real conference and stops beating up on cupcakes every year.
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#12 » by JoeyH » Thu Aug 9, 2007 3:27 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'll believe it when USC goes to a real conference and stops beating up on cupcakes every year.

QFT
jumanji
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by jumanji » Thu Aug 9, 2007 11:33 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They've beaten some pretty good Notre Dame teams, gone down and beat Auburn when they were good and Va. tech when they were good. Clobbered Michigan and Oklahoma in bowl games. The only one they had trouble with was Texas and they would have won that one if PC hadnt had a problem with giving Reggie Bush late in the game. I think they've proven themselves outside the conferance.
freakon0mics
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#14 » by freakon0mics » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:53 am

I'm not a big USC fan but they have proven themselves every season. I don't know how anyone can doubt them. As long as Pete Carroll is still there, they are going to compete every year.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
jumanji
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by jumanji » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:10 pm

That defense is so tough they're laying their own guys out.

Return to NCAA Football