GAME TIME IS HERE, BABY!!!!

Moderator: studcrackers

KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

GAME TIME IS HERE, BABY!!!! 

Post#1 » by KingInExile » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:45 pm

The time we have all been waiting for has arrived...the start of the 2007 season. Tonight brings us the first 11 games of the season:

Tulsa @ LA Monroe 7:00pm

Buffalo @ (16) Rutgers 7:00pm

Miami (OH) @ Ball St. 7:00pm

SE Missouri St. @ Cincinnati 7:00pm

Murray St. @ (10) Louisville 7:30pm

SE Louisiana @ New Mexico St. 8:00pm

(2) LSU @ Mississippi St. 8:00pm

Kent St. @ Iowa St. 8:00pm

UNLV @ Utah St. 8:05pm

Weber St. @ (24) Boise St. 9:00pm

Utah @ Oregon St. 10:00pm
(All Times EDT)

Some good match-ups to start the season, especially (in my own biased opinion) the final game of the night.

Let's get this season underway!
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#2 » by GYBE » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:46 pm

Louisville and Rutgers opening with some real tough games.

8)
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,836

Post#3 » by Rafael122 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:50 pm

Does anyone find it disturbing that ESPN is doing some sort of 25 hour countdown to college football? I think Rece Davis has been on the countdown show since the first hour.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,565

Post#4 » by El Turco » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:17 pm

GYBE wrote:Louisville and Rutgers opening with some real tough games.

8)

wait till michigan and ohio state.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#5 » by JoeyH » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:03 pm

I predict LSU will win.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#6 » by Wade2k6 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:53 pm

Ray Rice = dirty
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#7 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:04 am

Stickied.

Rutgers and 'Nati both ahead.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#8 » by studcrackers » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:30 am

fun fact: i used to play soccer with the punter at tulsa michael such, he was converted to a punter i think sophomore year in high school but he's a big guy and is funny.

fun fact 2: the coach for tulsa coached at my old high school about 8 years ago.

fun fact 3: casey and nathan dick (brothers and both qb's at arkansas) went to my high school. when i was younger i beat them in pickup basketball, they aint got **** on me!
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 9,493

Post#9 » by meatball sub » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:11 am

You could probably beat Casey Dick at playing QB too.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,088

Post#10 » by High 5 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:34 am

Throwing 5 interceptions in the first 3 quarters of the season...ouch.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 9,493

Post#11 » by meatball sub » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:05 am

Definately one of the worst performances I've ever seen by a QB.. 11/28, 120 yards, 0 td, 6 int. Absolute trash. :lol:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,207
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#12 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:50 am

LSU with a close call :lol:

I wish we could play in the Pac 10 and get someone that easy every game of the year /cheapshot.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by GYBE » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:15 am

Louisville should be embarassed for scheduling Murray State. Seriously, they went 1-10 in I-AA last year. Then they run up 73 points on the poor kids. Stay classy Cardinals.

8)
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:51 am

Congrats to Oregon State and Utah for producing one of the most boring games of college football I can ever recall watching.

As an Oregon fan, it's reassuring to know that we can count on interceptions and timely penalties yet again in the Civil War.

I also thought that MSU was holding their own in the first half against LSU pretty nicely, but outside of that Dixon kid they have no one, and it shows.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by KingInExile » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:04 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Congrats to Oregon State and Utah for producing one of the most boring games of college football I can ever recall watching.

As an Oregon fan, it's reassuring to know that we can count on interceptions and timely penalties yet again in the Civil War.

I also thought that MSU was holding their own in the first half against LSU pretty nicely, but outside of that Dixon kid they have no one, and it shows.

Are we going to have to dance this early in the season? Let's talk after we see how your little ducklings do on Saturday (if they can put down Phill Knight's gifts long enough to take the field).
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by GYBE » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:18 am

Georgia Tech-Notre Dame and California-Tennessee the only schools not afraid to schedule a good game to open the season.

8)
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by KingInExile » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:47 am

The Utes aren't a terrible team, they just don't get a lot of respect being in the Mountain West.

My biggest concern for OSU coming into the season was who would step up to take the starting QB role and make it their own. I'm still concerned about this. Both Canfield and Moevao showed some promise...but they also showed a lot to be concerned about. This will be the achilles heal for the Beavs this season.

Bernard is looking good...170 yds on 30 carries. OSU's defense is also looking as tough as ever. If they can figure out the QB slot they will be dangerous.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:01 am

KingInExile wrote:The Utes aren't a terrible team, they just don't get a lot of respect being in the Mountain West.

My biggest concern for OSU coming into the season was who would step up to take the starting QB role and make it their own. I'm still concerned about this. Both Canfield and Moevao showed some promise...but they also showed a lot to be concerned about. This will be the achilles heal for the Beavs this season.

Bernard is looking good...170 yds on 30 carries. OSU's defense is also looking as tough as ever. If they can figure out the QB slot they will be dangerous.

That's what I saw too. Of course, it doesn't help matters when Utah loses its starting QB and RB within a quarter of each other.

Were I Mike Riley, I'd name Canfield the starter right now but I'd keep using Moevao. Canfield IMO outplayed him but he didn't look sharp on a lot of plays.

re: defense, Afalava looked really strong, but the front seven looked a little rusty and the CBs didn't have a great game at all.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#19 » by Icness » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:04 pm

Utah might not lose another game except to BYU--they're not bad at all. Assuming they get the 3 starters on offense they lost last night back. They did look shellshocked and OSU looked ready. I like Moevao better at QB, the team just seems to respond to him better. Reminds me of Ohio State when they were sorting thru the Zwick-Smith battle. Zwick was a better passer bu the team simply played better with Smith.

Louisville scheduled Murray State because that's where their AD when the scehdule was made came from. It's pretty close by too and that's the M.O. for the 12th game for BCS schools--a I-AA school that doesn't have to travel far. Some of the games this weekend are going to be just as ugly. One to watch--App State at Michigan. App St. is the top I-AA program in the country and they have outstanding speed and decent size on defense, which is what usually kills the smaller schools. I humbly predict the game is within 30 points.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by KingInExile » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:56 pm

Icness wrote:Utah might not lose another game except to BYU--they're not bad at all. Assuming they get the 3 starters on offense they lost last night back. They did look shellshocked and OSU looked ready. I like Moevao better at QB, the team just seems to respond to him better. Reminds me of Ohio State when they were sorting thru the Zwick-Smith battle. Zwick was a better passer bu the team simply played better with Smith.

That might not happen, at least not soon. Johnson went out with a separated shoulder; not sure how sever, but will likely take a while to heal. Asiata, their running back, suffered a broken leg; he's likely out until late in the season at best.

For OSU, they just need one of Moevao or Canfield to find a groove with the offense. Neither were particularly good at finding that groove last night. It doesn't help that Stroughter is a question mark, but it looks like he could be on the way back. I expect them to rely heavily on Bernard's running game this year, which looks to be very good.

Return to NCAA Football