Why Are So Many "Experts" Riding Penn State?

Moderator: studcrackers

Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Why Are So Many "Experts" Riding Penn State? 

Post#1 » by Da Schwab » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:07 pm

Can someone please explain this to me?

The Nittany Lions have an unproven QB in Anthony Morelli and they lost Levi Brown and Tony Hunt. Their D lost Paul Posluszny, who was arguably a Top 5 LB in the nation for 3 years running.

Why is Penn State being ridden so hard, when there are 3 better teams in their own conference?
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#2 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:47 am

Don't worry. It'll take two games for Anthony Morelli to silence the cheese eaters.

Penn State is overrated.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#3 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:44 am

and their mascot is the ugliest in the world.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#4 » by Icness » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:50 pm

Morelli was the top QB recruit in his class and lots of people never get over that. Their RB was a top 5 recruit too but he's been even worse than Morelli. They do have a very solid WR/TE group and a lot of speed at RB. Their secondary is legit, check out Justin King at CB, and Dan Connor reminds me a great deal of Bobby Carpenter in the way he plays. They get a cake non-conference schedule (Notre Dame, FIU, Buffalo, Temple), where only Notre Dame will win more than one game all year. They get OSU, Iowa, Purdue, and Wisconsin all at home, and their trip to Michigan is early enough that they could lose and still wind up high in the ratings if they win out.

I think a lot of people expect this to be JoePa's last season and everyone wants to see him go out a winner. Personally I hate the old coot and find him irrepressably antiquated, plus PSU is a real bear to get player tapes/info from. I don't see them being any better than 4th in the Big Ten unless Morelli really shows major improvement (which is possible) and they find anyone who can threaten double digits in sacks (nearly impossible).
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#5 » by jumanji » Sat Sep 1, 2007 1:24 am

They're undefeated.
Philly KDub
Sixth Man
And1: 87

Post#6 » by Philly KDub » Sat Sep 1, 2007 8:09 pm

its all about the defense. dan connor will make peeps forget about paul posluszny. their offense will do enough to keep them in games. they are def better than you peeps think.

Return to NCAA Football