Re: 9-5-08 Week 2 Open Thread 

Post#41 » by A.J. » Sun Sep 7, 2008 2:52 am

Coltttttttttttttttttttttttttt to Cosby.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#42 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Sep 7, 2008 3:25 am

A.J. wrote:Coltttttttttttttttttttttttttt to Cosby.

wow so you go from a Vikings/Sooners fan to a Texans/Longhorns fans.

You are cooler than I previously thought you were.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#43 » by A.J. » Sun Sep 7, 2008 3:30 am

Johnson rushed it in for the Horns.
A.J.
Banned User

Post#44 » by A.J. » Sun Sep 7, 2008 3:45 am

Colt with another TD
GSWbandwagon
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#45 » by GSWbandwagon » Sun Sep 7, 2008 5:03 am

cal won its conference opener 66-3 and did it on the road. worst loss in wsu history according to the broadcast graphic.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,066

Post#46 » by HMFFL » Sun Sep 7, 2008 6:03 am

Will Ohio State drop a spot with the close victory? Hmmmm....
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#47 » by studcrackers » Sun Sep 7, 2008 6:51 am

A.J. wrote:Let's go Cougars.

Beat the crap out of Oklahoma St.

dez bryant >>>> your life
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#48 » by El Turco » Sun Sep 7, 2008 9:59 am

OSU wont drop a spot. they have to hype the next week s game as much as they can.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#49 » by Icness » Sun Sep 7, 2008 12:48 pm

I wish y'all could have seen me watching the OSU/Ohio game. At first I was like, hey this is pretty cool, we don't suck so much. Then I started to believe. The bad snap/TD and I was jumping around the living room. But at the same time I was like, holy hell will this screw the Buckeyes. So I was simulatenously ecstatic and mortified. My wife, also an OU grad but sadly a Michigan fan, was laughing her butt off at me. My 3-year old was wearing a Chris Gamble jersey I got on ebay, running around yelling Go Bucks! It was one heck of a scene at the Risdon home.

OSU should fall in the polls but not too far. But if the OL doesn't get it together real quick USC is going to make the Florida game two years ago look like competitive. Worst game of Alex Boone's life.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#50 » by Icness » Sun Sep 7, 2008 1:11 pm

Non-Ohio thoughts:
Oklahoma was mighty impressive whipping a pretty good Cincy team. They deserve to leapfrog the Buckeyes.

Watched most of the ECU/WVU game. I picked ECU to win but I was real surprised by how they dominated on defense. They have a legit shot at a BCS bowl if they don't screw up at UCF or UVA.

Is Cal that good or does Wazzou stink that badly?
Akron whoops Syracuse, go MAC!
Illinois D is going to be their downfall. They gave up as much to EIU as Central Michigan did, and CMU's idea of defense is to get the offense back on the field to score more.

Surfed in and out of Florida/Miami and UCF/USF between watching "Chuck". USF coaches nearly blew that game, terrible decisions and clock mgt. George Selvie is a beast but he overruns far too many plays. Matt Grothe isn't great but he sure is fun to watch and a hell of a leader.

Larger observation:
As I suspected might happen, defenses have caught up to the spread option offense. ECU did it to WVU, Miami did it to Florida most of the night, Miami OH did it to Michigan, seen it in other games too. It takes great discipline and speed in the back 7, but teams have figured out how to scheme against it. If the spread team can't establish the downfield pass early, you can crowd the line and focus your safeties on attacking the line and pressuring the QB instead of opening the field for all those short catch-and-run plays. It's why the spread never wins games in the NFL and why spread QBs generally flop at the next level--dare the QB to stand in and beat you with the deep pass while you blitz the crap out of him. Most can't.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#51 » by CJ_18 » Sun Sep 7, 2008 2:02 pm

Icness wrote:I wish y'all could have seen me watching the OSU/Ohio game. At first I was like, hey this is pretty cool, we don't suck so much. Then I started to believe. The bad snap/TD and I was jumping around the living room. But at the same time I was like, holy hell will this screw the Buckeyes. So I was simulatenously ecstatic and mortified. My wife, also an OU grad but sadly a Michigan fan, was laughing her butt off at me. My 3-year old was wearing a Chris Gamble jersey I got on ebay, running around yelling Go Bucks! It was one heck of a scene at the Risdon home.

OSU should fall in the polls but not too far. But if the OL doesn't get it together real quick USC is going to make the Florida game two years ago look like competitive. Worst game of Alex Boone's life.

Biggest choker in the history of college football !!! :wink:
A.J.
Banned User

Post#52 » by A.J. » Sun Sep 7, 2008 2:09 pm

studcrackers wrote:
A.J. wrote:Let's go Cougars.

Beat the crap out of Oklahoma St.

dez bryant >>>> your life

After tonight's game you might be right. He totally owned us. :(
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#53 » by Da Schwab » Sun Sep 7, 2008 3:26 pm

I was at a party last night, so the USF/UCF game was all word of mouth. I'm so happy USF pulled it out, or else I'd of been hearing it all day long from 100 people at UCF.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#54 » by KingInExile » Sun Sep 7, 2008 5:32 pm

I was very disappointed in Oregon State's showing in Happy Valley yesterday. I didn't have any expectations of them winning, but I certainly didn't expect them to look so bad. Aside from the Rogers brothers, nobody could do anything right. The defense didn't seem to understand the concept of tackling and the offensive line was just getting manhandled.

OSU always seems to start seasons out slowly. But they at least show glimpses early that they have the potential to be strong. So far I have not seen that from them this year. I guess it's time to prepare for a very disappointing season.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.

Return to NCAA Football