Fantasy Football: Sit / Start Thread

Moderator: MadNESS

Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Re: Fantasy Football: Sit / Start Thread 

Post#21 » by Maritimer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:40 pm

wetsthebed wrote:Sammy Watkins or Allen Robinson?

Don't like either matchup this weekend, but lean Robinson since it looks like he'll at least get the targets.

fast-break wrote:Jordan Matthews or Mike Evans (if he plays)?
Lamar Miller or Joseph Randle?

Evans torched bad secondaries last year. New Orleans has one of the worst right now (both starting safeties and Keenan Lewis are out). Go Evans.

Miller over Randle, due to workload. It's totally possible that Randle could go for 100 and a TD, but he could also find himself in a 3-way committee (and the latter seems more likely). Dunbar got ALL the passing down work last week, and I doubt that changes.
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
wonka1234
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#22 » by wonka1234 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Pick 3 of 4:
Joseph Randle, Yeldon, Alfred Morris, or Steve Smith Sr.

I left Alfred Out, just worried about workload, might be like 13 carries for 70 yards tonight. Need abit more then that this week.
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Post#23 » by Maritimer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:48 am

Need 2 WR, 2 RB, and a flex out of

RB -- Murray, Stewart, Ivory, DJohnson, DJohnson, Mathews
WR -- Evans, JBrown, Moncrief (Jeffery out)

Need 3 WR, 2 RB, and a flex out of

RB -- Murray, Lewis, Freeman, Spiller, Da Johnson
WR -- Julio, Sanders, AJohnson, Moncrief, SSmith
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,434

Post#24 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:53 pm

Murray/Ivory (as long as he doesn't get scratched) just because of their workloads.
JBrown and Moncrief both have really favorable matchups; I'd wait for Evans to have a decent game before inserting him back into my starting lineup.
---
Murray/Lewis again because of their workloads.
Julio/Sanders/Moncrief are a good trio this week. And I would flex Freeman if it's a ppr league just because he's slated for a good number of touches this weekend.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#25 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:54 pm

Also buy or sell on Lamar Miller? I'm kind of hesitant to trade him just because he came on so strong at the end of last year.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#26 » by Mamba Mentality » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:56 am

And should I go with Brandin Cooks or Ted Ginn Jr tomorrow?
fast-break
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,858

Post#27 » by fast-break » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:36 pm

The Regime wrote:Also buy or sell on Lamar Miller? I'm kind of hesitant to trade him just because he came on so strong at the end of last year.

I'm trying to trade him man. He's just not getting enough touches in the Dolphin's offense.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:43 pm

fast-break wrote:
The Regime wrote:Also buy or sell on Lamar Miller? I'm kind of hesitant to trade him just because he came on so strong at the end of last year.

I'm trying to trade him man. He's just not getting enough touches in the Dolphin's offense.

He and Forsett have wrecked my teams.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#29 » by IrishRainbow » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:32 pm

Full PPR (5-2*)
Newton/Taylor
Lynch/Blue/Gordon/Matthews/Rawls/DJohnson
Calvin/Hopkins/Landry/LaFell
Eifert/JThomas
Pats
Walsh

* - 2 loses by a combined 3.8pts

Was rolling, then lost Foster...why the f was he still in there? Already expected a wk9 punt with a nuclear bye week. Had no starting RB2. Used Hurns to buy a Gordon lotto ticket. Seems as though Yeldon is finding a groove and the further implementation of JThomas might bring Hurns down to earth a bit. Managed to grab Blue off waivers despite being last in line.

Optimistic side has me looking at the fact that I've won the past 3 weeks by margins greater than Foster's posted #s, but certainly can't expect that trend to continue.

How to I play these RB2 cards going forward? This week I think it's Blue over Gordon although Gordon has the better matchup, matchup doesn't mean squat from the bench. Week 9 will be between Matthews/Gordon with Blue on the bye, then week 10 it's between Matthews/Blue. Hopefully someone takes the reigns by playoffs.

Thanks
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Re: RE: Re: Fantasy Football: Sit / Start Thread 

Post#30 » by IrishRainbow » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:37 pm

I am a biased Miller owner from a couple years ago when he crapped the bed for me. But with the change of in house scenery it's hard to say. It certainly wasn't going well early with Philbin, and it seems as though the game plan is run to set up the pass. That said, I'm buying for the time being, just maybe not full price hype buying, but certainly looks like stable RB2 material moving forward.
fast-break
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by fast-break » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:18 am

IrishRainbow wrote:

I am a biased Miller owner from a couple years ago when he crapped the bed for me. But with the change of in house scenery it's hard to say. It certainly wasn't going well early with Philbin, and it seems as though the game plan is run to set up the pass. That said, I'm buying for the time being, just maybe not full price hype buying, but certainly looks like stable RB2 material moving forward.

Starting him tonight, gotta have faith. I was so pissed I sat him during his 35 pt outburst...
fast-break
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by fast-break » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:56 am

and of course Miller is sucking ass
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#33 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:55 am

fast-break wrote:and of course Miller is sucking ass

My buy level is currently at clearance rack at Goodwill level.

Shows how much I know...I wavered whether I should pick up a different D facing MIA. I also have Landry. I was banking on him getting his. But I guess however I get there...point projections just a bit vice versa ala Judge Reinhold.
fast-break
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by fast-break » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:05 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:
fast-break wrote:and of course Miller is sucking ass

My buy level is currently at clearance rack at Goodwill level.

Shows how much I know...I wavered whether I should pick up a different D facing MIA. I also have Landry. I was banking on him getting his. But I guess however I get there...point projections just a bit vice versa ala Judge Reinhold.

The dude I'm up against had Brady and Pats defense. Damn near 50 points dropped on me on a Thursday. :banghead:

Return to Fantasy Football