ImageImageImageImageImage

More AROD Psychology 101

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

More AROD Psychology 101 

Post#1 » by KnicksGod » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:37 pm

I don't want to post this on the Yankee board since I don't want to rain on their parade or offend anyone. These are my honest thoughts however, not for the sake of angering anybody:

I have a very negative and perhaps unwarranted thing to say about AROD
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#2 » by mjhp911 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:25 pm

Hopefully, you're right.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#3 » by nykgeneralmanager » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:06 am

:rofl: The guy hits a walk off home run and you make a thread basically saying that he was too happy.

See? This is the crap ARod gets. Does anybody analyze how Jason Giambi looks after hitting a walk off home run? Jeter? Josh Phelps? Nope, it only matter if ARod is breathing heavy or bending his knees. Incredible.
HCYanks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#4 » by HCYanks » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:02 am

Really, the media and fan inspection on ARod over the last couple of years has been the most irrational garbage on the planet. The worst part about all of this is that if he goes on any kind of slump in May (and given how hitter performance varies over a long period of time, it's very likely), all of the goodwill he's picked up in the last two weeks will vanish and the "clubhouse cancer" stuff will return again. Not because he deserves it, but because the ingorant masses think games matter less in April than in any other month.

He's one of the greatest players of all-time and he hasn't gotten a fair shake since he left Seattle. It's a damn shame.
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,805

Post#5 » by Kidknick! » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:18 pm

I met A-Rod a few days ago, He was a nice guy but it seems as if He is very nervous about dealing with New Yorkers, I told him "what's up A-Rod??" and He gave Me a look like oh ish someone is gonna start talking trash to me. I told him I was a Met fan and that He was having one hell of a start so far and then He semed to relax. I kinda feel bad for the guy.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#6 » by eviL » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:24 pm

I think they said it best on Postgame Live last night.. A-Rod is setting himself up with his performance. He's ripping it up now, but if he doesn't continue this tear when post season time comes around, he's going to get boo'd out of town.
majorleads
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: More AROD Psychology 101 

Post#7 » by majorleads » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:05 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I don't want to post this on the Yankee board since I don't want to rain on their parade or offend anyone. These are my honest thoughts however, not for the sake of angering anybody:

I have a very negative and perhaps unwarranted thing to say about AROD
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#8 » by ElMatatan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:01 am

^^^and you inject yourself with Isiahroids
NY State of Mind
Mardy2Curry
Junior

Post#9 » by Mardy2Curry » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:05 am

What is going to be enough from Arod to get people off his back? Breathing hard today, smiling too much tomorrow. Give the guy a break and enjoy the show even if it is for the regular season.

I understand that the fact that he makes $25m a year makes him the most watch player in baseball thats not his fault. He pays scott boras to do a job and thats to get his client paid, is it Arod fault that the dopes in Texas gave him that much money. But does that mean we have to microwatch every ab, groundball, throw to first..... This is probably the first time in his years in NY that he looks like he is actually enjoying the game.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#10 » by KnicksGod » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:23 am

Tonight ... more signs of a guy you don't want to bet on. He was trying to walk in a situation where he's SCALDING hot and the two guys behind him are not good options. But he's just trying to get on in a clutch situation instead of simply taking it on his shoulders.

Unfair? Maybe given that he's tearing it up ... but on the other hand maybe it's even MORE fair now because he's a guy who is unstoppable ... so why is he taking this attitude of deferring to people behind him? Win the game. You're hitting every ball out of the yard and now the people coming up next are weak hitters.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#11 » by nykgeneralmanager » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:56 am

Honestly, is this thread a joke or just you? I really can't tell if you are joking, but I have to believe you are by the ridiculous things I just read.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#12 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:56 am

LOL. That's good stuff.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#13 » by mjhp911 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:27 am

Well, lemme' ask the Yank fans this - if you had to choose right now, would you choose to retain ARod over Jeter? Because I honestly think that's what it might come down to at the end of the season. Deep down, I think ARod might want to have this town all to himself, if he's going to extend his deal here. I'm not sure he wants to stay if he has to deal with that tension with Jeter, as well as the fans obviously. I think most Yankee fans will never accept ARod the way they view Jeter - because of all the rings. I'm not sure one ring will even change that.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#14 » by KnicksGod » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:47 am

See below to clarify my viewpoint for anybody who cares and I beg the pardon of those who would be offended that anybody could critique Alex Rodriguez amid possibly the greatest hot streak in baseball history ... but to me, what better time to debate the point than now ... after all, I'm not waiting for him to "fail" to make this observation, I'm not waiting till he's down to kick him ... he is most certainly not down now but I still think there are signs of a man who wilts under the pressure. Here are my thoughts/clarifications after tonight:

... I'm saying that with the game on the line and the relatively low chance that the two guys behind you are going to get it done ... that A-Rod should not look to be taking first base on a walk WHEN HE IS HOTTER THAN THE SUN, hitting many balls way out of the park.

You can ignore it if you wish but he started down the line on a 3-1 pitch, expecting/anticipating/desiring a walk to bring Thompson/Phelps to the plate.

To me, that's like the best player on the court (let's say MJ) passing up a decent look to win the game.

Let's not forget that the 3-1 pitch was a fairly clear strike - maybe not a 'fat' pitch, okay I accept that, but a pitch he could try to hit.

A great player, and he certainly could qualify with his skills, needs to want to take on that burden and not pass it to the next guy (especially when the next guy is not likely to get it done, let's be honest).

Again, it's not about failing (that will happen), and of course I am not arguing with A-Rod's production at all which is through the roof. I'm saying that the question about the man's heart and leadership are possibly not the 'illusion' that many of his defenders want us to believe.

I'm saying that there are still signs that the guy is not entirely comfortable with pressure ... at least not as much as he should be for a guy of his immense talent and a guy who is as absolutely rip-roaring hot as he is right now.

I'm sure the argument back is how could you say that when he's just won game after game after game with big hits ... fair enough. But yes, seeing a competitive leader who not just accepts pressure, but eats it up and delivers ... that is definitely not all about stats.

It's about body language and something intangible.

I think A-Rod has the talent, without doubt, to be that guy ... but a guy who craves pressure and who knows how good he really is does not try to get to first on a walk with the game on the line and Kevin Thompson due up.
KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 953

Post#15 » by KnicksManiac » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:54 am

A Rod will do at least two of the following:

1. Have an AMAZING regular season.
2. Have an AWFUL post season.
3. SIGN with the Mets in the off season for about 5 years, $100 million.
majorleads
Banned User

Post#16 » by majorleads » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:09 pm

Knicksmaniac1917 wrote:A Rod will do at least two of the following:

1. Have an AMAZING regular season.
2. Have an AWFUL post season.
3. SIGN with the Mets in the off season for about 5 years, $100 million.

I think the 1st one is a given, however, the Yankees are not making the postseason so scratch #2. And #3 yeah right give me a break. First of all, Crap-Rod is not signing for anything less than 25 mil per and secondly, there isn't a chance in hell the Mets spend 100 mil on a third baseman when we already have David Wright who we just spent 55 mil on. The next 100 million dollar contract Omar hands out will go to a pitcher.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#17 » by KnicksGod » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:23 pm

majorleads wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think the 1st one is a given, however, the Yankees are not making the postseason so scratch #2. And #3 yeah right give me a break. First of all, Crap-Rod is not signing for anything less than 25 mil per and secondly, there isn't a chance in hell the Mets spend 100 mil on a third baseman when we already have David Wright who we just spent 55 mil on. The next 100 million dollar contract Omar hands out will go to a pitcher.

I agree, this won't happen, yet you may be overlooking the infield alignment that COULD (just conceivably) work out:

Wright 3B

A-Rod SS

Reyes 2B
KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 953

Post#18 » by KnicksManiac » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:23 pm

I'm not moving Reyes. If anyone is moving it will be A-Rod or Wright.
majorleads
Banned User

Post#19 » by majorleads » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:09 pm

KnicksGod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree, this won't happen, yet you may be overlooking the infield alignment that COULD (just conceivably) work out:

Wright 3B

A-Rod SS

Reyes 2B

:nonono:

Ohhhh lord, Knicks God is back on the pipe again. :-? :-? :-? Come on!!!! Reyes is light years better defensively than Crap-Rod. And if we're spending 100-150 million dollars, it will be on Johan Santana, not Alex Rodriguez. Remember now, we have Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez on the way. We have offense, we need PITCHING!!
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#20 » by NYKnSTILL! » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:49 am

nykgeneralmanager wrote::rofl: The guy hits a walk off home run and you make a thread basically saying that he was too happy.

See? This is the crap ARod gets. Does anybody analyze how Jason Giambi looks after hitting a walk off home run? Jeter? Josh Phelps? Nope, it only matter if ARod is breathing heavy or bending his knees. Incredible.

I don't I'm speechless maybe they should add how he chews his gum wrong, unbelievable there isn't a 5 tool player on the same planet as him, w/o him it' is most certain the Yankees don't even have 8 wins , this is just another brilliant post by Knicks God :-? Alex Rodriguez in the past month has 2 walkoff HRS and has carried the team, yet the Knicks God jumps on the Isiah Nutrider bandwagon :noway:

Return to New York Mets