ImageImageImage

What is wrong with Vic Beasley?

Moderator: HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,620

What is wrong with Vic Beasley? 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:45 am

I think a lot of us were hoping that Beasley would turn into the next Simeon Rice, or John Abraham, or Dwight Freeney and be a consistent 12-16 sacks per year guy. Realistically I think we all had modest expectation that the could safely be a 8-10 sack guy per year.

But the last year and a half, some thing has really looked off from Beasley and the burst just doesn't seem to be there right now. Is he secretly injured right now but still playing and just hasn't told anybody about some sore of leg or foot injury he has been dealing with the last year and a half???

Or has Beasley's game suffered because Dan Quinn has elected to go with smaller DTs this year?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,164

Re: What is wrong with Vic Beasley? 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:58 am

He only has one sack this year AMD that's a huge disappointment. I'm disappointed since I thought he would be a cornerstone for our defense and the anchor.
I believe having smaller DT's does contribute, but come on, only one sack, and still hasn't added much pressure on opposing QB's.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,620

Post#3 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:16 pm

Vic has this year and next year, but after that he is a free agent and i don't know if the Falcons will bring him back.

Next year will be a make or break year for Beasley. If he doesn't get +12 scacks in 2019, he can kiss his big pay day goodbye.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,643

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 7, 2018 3:44 pm

I don't think hes that good.

A couple of years ago when he was setting the world ablaze, I remember reading an article about how most of those sacks came against subpar teams and mediocre offensive lines...often in plays where the game was already decided.

Now he's being schemed around specifically and has been inconsistent as a result.

Controversial Statement alert: He's overrated when it matters most.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:05 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Vic has this year and next year, but after that he is a free agent and i don't know if the Falcons will bring him back.

Next year will be a make or break year for Beasley. If he doesn't get +12 scacks in 2019, he can kiss his big pay day goodbye.
It might be a make or break year next season, but I have seen enough from him, and he's not consistent enough.
I want a Super Bowl and I don't believe he's a key piece we need to continue to invest in.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:44 pm

He has showed up today with two sacks so far in the game against Dallas.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,643

Post#7 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Next year will be a make or break year for Beasley. If he doesn't get +12 scacks in 2019, he can kiss his big pay day goodbye.

There's a chance he won't even make it that long.

The Falcons are currently on pace for a top-10 pick, which they haven’t had since 2015 when they took pass rusher Vic Beasley eighth overall. Beasley led the league in sacks in 2016 with 15.5, but he has just 10 combined in the two seasons since, and the Falcons may not retain him when his contract is up after next season. Atlanta needs to improve on the 27 sacks they have through 14 weeks (27th in the league). The Falcons could target Clemson’s Clelin Ferrell or Mississippi State’s Montez Sweat with their first pick if they want an edge rusher opposite their 2017 first-round pick out of UCLA, Takkarist McKinley.
The Ringer

Return to Atlanta Falcons