ImageImageImage

Calvin Ridley 'to step away from football at this time' to focus on his mental health

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,164

Calvin Ridley 'to step away from football at this time' to focus on his mental health  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:37 am

ATLANTA -- Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley announced Sunday he has to "step away from football at this time" to focus on his mental health.

Ridley missed his second game of the season Sunday to deal with a personal matter after also not traveling to London for the team's game against the New York Jets on Oct. 10. He played against the Miami Dolphins last week.

"These past few weeks have been very challenging and as much as I'd like to be on the field competing with my teammates, I need to step away from football at this time and focus on my mental wellbeing," Ridley said in a statement on Twitter. "This will help me be the best version of myself now and in the future."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32518652/atlanta-falcons-calvin-ridley-inactive-vs-carolina-panthers-due-personal-matter%3fplatform=amp

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,643

Re: Calvin Ridley 'to step away from football at this time' to focus on his mental health 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:47 am

I'm curious if you guys think Ridley will ever play another down for Atlanta?

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,164

Re: Calvin Ridley 'to step away from football at this time' to focus on his mental health 

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:55 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I'm curious if you guys think Ridley will ever play another down for Atlanta?

Read on Twitter
Absolutely not

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Falcons