ImageImageImageImageImage

Taking the pulse of Dubs fans: Who should be starting?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Gimme your four other starters:

Klay
9%
Draymond
22%
Wiggs
16%
Loon
7%
CP3
0%
Kuminga
20%
Moody
11%
Podz
6%
TJD
7%
Saric
2%

Total votes: 219

CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,110

Re: Taking the pulse of Dubs fans: Who should be starting? 

Post#141 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:36 pm

TB wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Wasn't Kuminga "imaginary" just a month ago? Moody was less imaginary to me. We've seen what he can do when he's actually given a chance. Kerr just continually cuts the rug out from under him for reasons that don't make any sense to me. I have no doubt Moody will work his way ahead of Q and Santos though once Kerr gets serious. Of course then he'll have to get past GPII. :lol:

I just don't get why they didn't trade him even for a second.

Yup agreed. Kuminga is more like Randolph in that regard. It's been awesome watching Kuminga rapid improvement... he's proven me wrong game after game after game.

Moody just does what I expect every game. Solid basketball. And I actually agree with not trading him even if Kerr keeps him out of the rotation for the year. His contract and development is lining up pretty nicely with Klay's unfortunate and inevitable transition away from being starter level. His time is coming.

2 more weeks
The411
Pro Prospect
And1: 475

Post#142 » by The411 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:37 pm

EvanZ wrote:Wasn't Kuminga "imaginary" just a month ago? Moody was less imaginary to me. We've seen what he can do when he's actually given a chance. Kerr just continually cuts the rug out from under him for reasons that don't make any sense to me. I have no doubt Moody will work his way ahead of Q and Santos though once Kerr gets serious. Of course then he'll have to get past GPII. :lol:

It is bizarre how people marginalize Moody despite watching Kerr do the exact thing to Kuminga. Of course Kuminga has a compeltely different ceiling, but I do find it odd that Moody is being treated like 13th guy on the roster.

Moody is an adaptable piece who usually isn't going to run around taking off balance fade away 28 footers with 19 on the shot clock. He gives hustle grit and solid play and can score 25-30 every once in a while.

There's a reason that Warriors record has been dramtically worse when Klay is in the starting line-up. His play is so wildly inconsistent and his peaks and valleys are so extreme. Problem is that his valleys occur much more often than his peaks.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,701

Post#143 » by WarriorGM » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:42 pm

Who else is Kerr going to turn to in the playoffs when the players ahead of him prove inadequate?
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,163

Post#144 » by TB » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:50 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
TB wrote:

Yup agreed. Kuminga is more like Randolph in that regard. It's been awesome watching Kuminga rapid improvement... he's proven me wrong game after game after game.

Moody just does what I expect every game. Solid basketball. And I actually agree with not trading him even if Kerr keeps him out of the rotation for the year. His contract and development is lining up pretty nicely with Klay's unfortunate and inevitable transition away from being starter level. His time is coming.

2 more weeks

2 weeks from being 2 weeks away
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,833

Post#145 » by floppymoose » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:55 pm

EvanZ wrote:Wasn't Kuminga "imaginary" just a month ago?

For some.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,392

Post#146 » by Onus » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:57 pm

The411 wrote:

It is bizarre how people marginalize Moody despite watching Kerr do the exact thing to Kuminga. Of course Kuminga has a compeltely different ceiling, but I do find it odd that Moody is being treated like 13th guy on the roster.

Moody is an adaptable piece who usually isn't going to run around taking off balance fade away 28 footers with 19 on the shot clock. He gives hustle grit and solid play and can score 25-30 every once in a while.

There's a reason that Warriors record has been dramtically worse when Klay is in the starting line-up. His play is so wildly inconsistent and his peaks and valleys are so extreme. Problem is that his valleys occur much more often than his peaks.

We are barely beating people even with his peaks because his defense is so bad. 3-0 without him with all blow out wins is pretty incredible when we haven't blown out anyone with him.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,833

Post#147 » by floppymoose » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:08 pm

Onus wrote:We are barely beating people even with his peaks because his defense is so bad. 3-0 without him with all blow out wins is pretty incredible when we haven't blown out anyone with him.

That is why I was so hoping for a trade in Jan/Feb of 2023. He had a streak of 30 point games, but he was basically a break-even player at that level of offense. Between the hot streak and his short contract we could have gotten something for him back then.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#148 » by SpreeChokeJob » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:17 pm

The411 wrote:

Kerr doesn’t like anyone over 6’6”. He likes looking at players at eye level. That and he’s a first round draft pick works against him. He needs to spend a couple seasons in Europe and China, come back and say he’s a journeyman. Kerr might give him some minutes then. But then the over 6’6” is still working against him. TJD is being kept in Chase Center basement. Remember to bring him some bread and water when you stop by for a game.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#149 » by EvanZ » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:02 pm

Moody measured exactly 6'6" in shoes but 6'4.5" barefoot. Klay is actually 1.25" taller than Moody.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,110

Post#150 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:24 pm

The411 wrote:There's a reason that Warriors record has been dramtically worse when Klay is in the starting line-up. His play is so wildly inconsistent and his peaks and valleys are so extreme. Problem is that his valleys occur much more often than his peaks.

In terms of accuracy and ease-to-use, the consistency metric is one of the best and least publicized metrics out there. Its a very simple one too, the problem is which metric to measure consistency with

Anyways, the system seems to breed these types more often than not.. drafted them too. Klay's been that way, but it was masked heavily with Curry and then KD. Poole did the same thing, though without KD. JK looked to be on the same path but he may have established a higher floor and consistency, but is more limited in the upside because of his lack of a 3-ball

The team thrived when it had a lot of people elevating the floor with their consistent, usually positive, play. As those people aged, its exposing the less consistent people more.. something that will likely continue until the next true superstar plays for the Warriors
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,163

Post#151 » by TB » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:51 am

EvanZ wrote:Moody measured exactly 6'6" in shoes but 6'4.5" barefoot. Klay is actually 1.25" taller than Moody.

Moody and Kuminga are both shorter than people realize due to their strength/length. They definitely play bigger than their barefoot height.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#152 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:18 pm

I'm going to need to change my vote. Tjd is earning that starting C spot.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#153 » by killmongrel » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:32 pm

If Dray is starting at the 5 then Steph/Wiggins/Moody/Kuminga/Draymond.

If TJD is starting at the 5 then Steph/Wiggins/Moody/Draymond/TJD.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#154 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:43 pm

Moody is more of a dream that people just can’t let go of than anything consistently real.

Return to Golden State Warriors