ImageImageImageImageImage

Suns are done. Time to bring back KD?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Suns are done. Time to bring back KD? 

Post#1 » by thunderdunk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:25 am

The KD-Booker-Beal thing didn't work out for Phoenix. Now they need to retool their whole lineup, including filling out their bench. Time to bring KD back to the Dubs? I would do it in a heartbeat. This might be the only realistic deal that could win Steph a couple more chips with the Dubs, unless the Lakers would do a deal involving Lebron.

The trade checker won't let me check any deal that includes CP3 -- but he would likely be welcomed back by the Suns. Is there a package of CP3, Wiggins, Klay -- and maybe JK -- that could pry loose KD (and probably Beal)?
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,053

Re: Suns are done. Time to bring back KD? 

Post#2 » by Jester_ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 am

I don't see Ishbia turning away from Booker/KD
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,440

Post#3 » by svart » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 am

f u c k KD
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Dubs 707
Junior
And1: 147

Post#4 » by Dubs 707 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:15 pm

Pass he made his bed.
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,360

Post#5 » by Onus » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:36 pm

Kd wouldn't want to come back here.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,088

Post#6 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:01 pm

Suns emptied the coffers for KD/Beal.. so whoever wants either is going to have to replenish them, draft-wise. It should not be the Warriors
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Post#7 » by thunderdunk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:16 pm

A first round and swept out is almost as bad as not making the PO at all... I think all bets are off. The biggest issue i see is the huge contract that Beal has -- he either needs to dramatically increase his production or his will be the worst contract in the NBA. Which is why I think the Suns might do the deal.

On the picks -- we'll see what they might want, if they're willing to deal him at all (and probably only if he wants to move.) Don't know how he would feel about coming back - especially with Draymond still here.

And to all the KD haters -- he won 2 finals MVP's, and did the Dubs a solid on his way out. Are you a "real GM" or not?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#8 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm

Suns need to get off Beal badly and get a wing stopper/poa defender. Grayson Allen was that guy for them this year.

Beal is 100% a kerr player, watch them sell the farm to get him.

Cp3, wiggs, moody, and picks.

Steph
Beal
Klay
Jk
Dray

That's a kerr team :banghead:
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 364

Kevin Durant - One Last Dance with the Dubs? 

Post#9 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:38 pm

His time with PHX had been inconsistent at best. He's still a baller. Should we entertain the idea of a reunion with the Dubs? Klay certainly will need to take a heavily discounted contract or else he can enjoy his time losing somewhere else.

OUTGOING:
Wiggins + Kuminga + Podz + TJD

INCOMING:
Durant + Nurkic

NEW STARTING 5
PG - Curry
SG - Thompson/Moody
SF - Durant
PF - Green
C - Nurkic

Downside: Giving up much of our youth and potential. But, we all have to understand we're giving Curry ammunition to stay competitive (And he wants both Klay and Draymond to stay). And hopefully Green and Nurkic can get past the dirty play and comments made about each other.. :P
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Re: Kevin Durant - One Last Dance with the Dubs? 

Post#10 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 pm

ew

Maybe Wiggins and some crappy protected picks and I'd consider it
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#11 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:ew

Maybe Wiggins and some crappy protected picks and I'd consider it

"ew"? He's easily still top 5 in the league in production that nightly defense still respect. Yes, he's quite the enigma of a person in how he handles himself, but that's a separate issue in itself. He's 35 years old; Hopefully his childish antics (e.g., burner accounts and being sensitive to negative comments) is something he'll leave behind for once. :wink:

Just surround ourselves with mostly switchable defensive wings and guards, a reliably 6th man and we'd be golden.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,426

Post#12 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:25 pm

Yes. And I think Durant would relish seeing Draymond sent out of town for the condition of his return.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Onus
RealGM

Post#13 » by Onus » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:48 pm

thunderdunk wrote:A first round and swept out is almost as bad as not making the PO at all... I think all bets are off. The biggest issue i see is the huge contract that Beal has -- he either needs to dramatically increase his production or his will be the worst contract in the NBA. Which is why I think the Suns might do the deal.

On the picks -- we'll see what they might want, if they're willing to deal him at all (and probably only if he wants to move.) Don't know how he would feel about coming back - especially with Draymond still here.

And to all the KD haters -- he won 2 finals MVP's, and did the Dubs a solid on his way out. Are you a "real GM" or not?

How did KD do us a solid on his way out? He's the one that forced us to give up a 1st when the Nets didn't want one.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,279

Post#14 » by Impuniti » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:09 pm

There's nothing golden about that. If KD were to join, you need youth and energy. This team has been getting its ass kicked in 4th quarters due to energy, and you want to add another 36 year old with these fossils in the hope that it works out.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,078

Post#15 » by whatisacenter » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 pm

no more old dudes please and get rid of all the ones currently on the roster not named Steph.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,078

Post#16 » by whatisacenter » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 pm

Onus wrote:
thunderdunk wrote:A first round and swept out is almost as bad as not making the PO at all... I think all bets are off. The biggest issue i see is the huge contract that Beal has -- he either needs to dramatically increase his production or his will be the worst contract in the NBA. Which is why I think the Suns might do the deal.

How did KD do us a solid on his way out? He's the one that forced us to give up a 1st when the Nets didn't want one.

He agreed to a S&T so we could get something back instead of just losing him for nothing in FA. No title #4 without that.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Onus
RealGM

Post#17 » by Onus » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:10 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Onus wrote:

He agreed to a S&T so we could get something back instead of just losing him for nothing in FA. No title #4 without that.

Didn’t it need to be a s&t for him to get the most money? And to sign everyone else?
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#18 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:14 pm

whatisacenter wrote:no more old dudes please and get rid of all the ones currently on the roster not named Steph.

If you can come up with trade scenarios that involves ridding of Klay, Green, CP3 and Wiggins, I'm all ears to hear it out because good luck trying to find out who wants these old heads, anyway?
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#19 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm

Impuniti wrote:There's nothing golden about that. If KD were to join, you need youth and energy. This team has been getting its ass kicked in 4th quarters due to energy, and you want to add another 36 year old with these fossils in the hope that it works out.

Plenty you can find in the G-League with energy, hunger and hustle.

Seems what you're asking for are young (GOOD) players who were probably top-14 picks from the last couple drafts on rookie contracts (early to mid 20 year olds), and who are about to scratch the surface of their potential. And they're more likely going to command multi-year deal contracts in 1-2 years.

Warriors aren't in position to acquire young talent to align with their competitive window (As we've seen the last few seasons), and the window to compete is slowly closing. We need established veterans, role players, and below-the-radar young talents to round up the make-up of the team. No time to develop. Unless Warriors can really overhaul their talent by getting rid of Klay and Green (The core nucleus), you're going to have a hard time replicating the success as you'd have newer players to find out their strengths and weaknesses -- which potentially will force them to run a whole different offensive system and defensive schemes. It might turn out great, it might turn out horrendous. More times when you change everything that the team is known for, it's going to take time to find that identity, and not sure this team wants to go through that (again). If it doesn't work out, an infuriated Mr. Curry will want to bolt, get his trade request fulfilled, and we start the whole rebuild mode.

What's your take?
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,088

Post#20 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:33 pm

Not a top 5 player, is going to be 36 next year with serious leg injuries in the rear view. Wasn’t a motion offense fit either

Pair that with what the suns likely want for him and it’s jus not a good fit for anyone

Return to Golden State Warriors