ImageImageImageImageImage

Is the Draymond Situation Starting to Bother You?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Re: Is the Draymond Situation Starting to Bother You? 

Post#141 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:52 pm

just heard some more clips from his podcast, he's so insufferable now I can't take it. Please trade him immediately. Don't care if it's for a rack of basketballs.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,281

Post#142 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:11 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:just heard some more clips from his podcast, he's so insufferable now I can't take it.

There's an easy solution for that.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#143 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:25 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:just heard some more clips from his podcast, he's so insufferable now I can't take it. Please trade him immediately. Don't care if it's for a rack of basketballs.

The good news is that the organization is apparently taking the stance of “we don’t want Draymond to interact with the refs anymore” because it distracts the team, negatively impacts other players energy and leads to these spirals where Draymond gets himself ejected. This is good news because #1 it’s absolutely correct and should have been imposed by the team a long time ago and #2 there’s about a 0.000% chance he actually lives up to this standard. So they are laying the groundwork for a “he is still a great player but we just can’t make it work” trade for some kind of value recovery.

Assuming they actually follow through on holding him to any kind of standard which they never have before
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#144 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:41 pm

guarantee he argues on the 1st whistle

oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,359

Post#145 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:13 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:Should give him a bonus.

:lol:

I'm not spinning, I'm just raising the possibility that sometimes good things can ultimately result from bad situations, bad behavior. These guys have been playing a lot of basketball for a lot of years now, having a break from basketball is not a bad idea.

If Draymond could still play defense half as well as you are defending him the team might actually benefit from him returning...

Warriors' defensive rating cratered while he was out. Coincidence?

They're 7-8 with him and 10-11 without him. Curry has a better net rating without him. He's +0.0 in non-Wiggins minutes. Only Garuba and Santos have lower net ratings in those minutes.

Every players net ratings without Green and Wiggins

If they could flip Wiggins and Green for a competent PF I'm sure the team would be just fine.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,087

Post#146 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:20 pm

Lol.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#147 » by Onus » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:34 pm

Dray back Monday. So back to 10 min for jk?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#148 » by watch1958 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:17 am

Onus wrote:Dray back Monday. So back to 10 min for jk?
My guess is he’ll play 25 minutes +, with the worst lineup imaginable.

Maybe CoJo, Wiggins , Kevon, Saric, JK
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,094

Post#149 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:48 am

It was fun while it lasted…but he is back.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,087

Post#150 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:52 am

Welcome back Draymond!
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Post#151 » by sonnyhill » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:15 am

Some interesting Draymond Green observations and statistics from yesterday evening's Laker game:

With Green on the floor against the Lakers, the Warriors were a plus-31; in the 12-minutes when Green sat, the Warriors were a minus-32. James and Davis dominated the Warriors' defense without Green on the floor; and the Warrior offense stagnated without Green playing center and facilitating the offense as another ballhandler-passer.

Green starting as the team's undersized center (fits into the Kerr narrative of Kerr not able to incorporate a big man into his lineups), has allowed for both Wiggins and Kuminga to thrive while playing together for the first time this season.

A frontcourt of Wiggins, Kuminga and Green does give the Warriors a more cohesive defense that might be able to better mask Curry's pathetic attempts to feign wanting to play defense and Thompson's erosion of lateral movement.

Also, Green unlocks Curry on offense.

It is quite impressive seeing an undersized Green able to slow down both James and Davis, something that nobody else on the Warriors seem to be able to do.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#152 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:26 am

sonnyhill wrote:Some interesting Draymond Green observations and statistics from yesterday evening's Laker game:

With Green on the floor against the Lakers, the Warriors were a plus-31; in the 12-minutes when Green sat, the Warriors were a minus-32. James and Davis dominated the Warriors' defense without Green on the floor; and the Warrior offense stagnated without Green playing center and facilitating the offense as another ballhandler-passer.

Green starting as the team's undersized center (fits into the Kerr narrative of Kerr not able to incorporate a big man into his lineups), has allowed for both Wiggins and Kuminga to thrive while playing together for the first time this season.

A frontcourt of Wiggins, Kuminga and Green does give the Warriors a more cohesive defense that might be able to better mask Curry's pathetic attempts to feign wanting to play defense and Thompson's erosion of lateral movement.

It is quite impressive seeing an undersized Green able to slow down both James and Davis, something that nobody else on the Warriors seem to be unable to do.

It helps to have Kuminga and Wiggins playing alongside him. That is obvious. The next obvious thing is to replace Klay with Moody or Saric in the starting lineup. I at least want to see that. Moody should fix all of Klay’s defensive deficiencies and Saric can at least pretend to be a big next to Green. The clock is ticking and missing the playin is a real possibility, so I appreciate if Kerr stops messing around.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#153 » by watch1958 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:48 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:Some interesting Draymond Green observations and statistics from yesterday evening's Laker game:

It is quite impressive seeing an undersized Green able to slow down both James and Davis, something that nobody else on the Warriors seem to be unable to do.

It helps to have Kuminga and Wiggins playing alongside him. That is obvious. The next obvious thing is to replace Klay with Moody or Saric in the starting lineup. I at least want to see that. Moody should fix all of Klay’s defensive deficiencies and Saric can at least pretend to be a big next to Green. The clock is ticking and missing the playin is a real possibility, so I appreciate if Kerr stops messing around.
Last night Kerr said that the Steph Klay Draymond JK Wiggins lineup was our best, and that he wanted to see a lot more of it.

So it will be awhile before Klay’s minutes are cut.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#154 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:53 am

Draymond is fine but the rest of the team situation is bothering me.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 222

Post#155 » by sonnyhill » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:32 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:

It is quite alarming to see how Kerr would rather have the team sink down "to Davy Jones's locker" instead of adding a more-athletic Moody in place Thompson into the starting lineup.

Who else on this board cringed watching Thompson with James as his defensive assignment? All because Thompson cannot keep up defensively with guards...

This Kerr-coached team is a defensive abomination.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran

Post#156 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:41 am

watch1958 wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:

Last night Kerr said that the Steph Klay Draymond JK Wiggins lineup was our best, and that he wanted to see a lot more of it.

So it will be awhile before Klay’s minutes are cut.

By the time he responds it will be too late. Much like last year, during the playoffs he brought the young guys cold when the rest of the year he played Lamb and Jerome who I don’t remember being in the playoffs. That’s a WTF moment. Meanwhile he played the defensive juggernaut of Curry Thompson and Poole until it was too late.

He bent for Kuminga after political pressure from the media, fans, and the organization. He played CoJo before Moody until the crowd chanted for Moody. The Wiggins Kuminga experiment initially was a disaster because there were still three non defenders. Now with Green there; it’s only down to two non defenders. If they can get it down to one non defender (Curry) and the replacement player with the similar production as Klay which isn’t hard to match these days since he’s so sporadic, then the team will get the extra margin to not have to lose close games unnecessarily.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran

Post#157 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 am

sonnyhill wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:

It is quite alarming to see how Kerr would rather have the team sink down "to Davy Jones's locker" instead of adding a more-athletic Moody in place Thompson into the starting lineup.

Who else on this board cringed watching Thompson with James as his defensive assignment? All because Thompson cannot keep up defensively with guards...

I don’t envy Kerr’s position. In terms of stubbornness Klay and Kerr are the stubborn brothers. Kerr also has to manage the locker room, but what’s right is right and winning will cure all bad feelings. It’s better than what’s happening now. Curry is giving his heart and he was in the zone of hyperfocus yesterday night. It’s not right to waste his effort because some people’s egos might get hurt.

This team still won’t win a championship, but at least they will make some noise if they get into the playoffs and build something going into next year that can be carried over.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,287

Post#158 » by Impuniti » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:16 pm

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
sonnyhill wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:It helps to have Kuminga and Wiggins playing alongside him. That is obvious. The next obvious thing is to replace Klay with Moody or Saric in the starting lineup. I at least want to see that. Moody should fix all of Klay’s defensive deficiencies and Saric can at least pretend to be a big next to Green. The clock is ticking and missing the playin is a real possibility, so I appreciate if Kerr stops messing around.

I don’t envy Kerr’s position. In terms of stubbornness Klay and Kerr are the stubborn brothers. Kerr also has to manage the locker room, but what’s right is right and winning will cure all bad feelings. It’s better than what’s happening now. Curry is giving his heart and he was in the zone of hyperfocus yesterday night. It’s not right to waste his effort because some people’s egos might get hurt.

This team still won’t win a championship, but at least they will make some noise if they get into the playoffs and build something going into next year that can be carried over.

Building what? The old players will be worse next season and this FO doesn't want to change for some mystical reason of loyalty.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#159 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:00 pm

I know for some of you Draymond's antics don't matter. Fact is he took another cheep shot at AD.

[url][/url]
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#160 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:17 pm

you can tell he hasn't changed at all and there's going to be another meltdown. if we can get ANYTHING for him at the deadline, even a bad contract with less years, I'd send him on his way. I'll personally drive him to the airport.

Return to Golden State Warriors