Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Re: 02/02 Game 45: Warriors (20-24) @ Grizzlies (18-30) 5:00pm PT on NBATV 

Post#141 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:38 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Onus wrote:At least he didn’t close either half. That’s a major improvement.

And imo, a big reason we didn't get another clutch game.

Dray and wiggins made some defensive plays in the 4th and the offense will always take care of itself.

If jk is going to continue playing this well offensively, I really dont know what klays role will be moving forward.

We lose some shooting, but we are getting alot more rim pressure and transition offense.

I want Klay to be 3rd option not 2nd option. I would still go to Klay when Kuminga is struggling and you must score against good defense.

Klay and Curry mess up opposing defensive assignments by running arround screens. Kuminga does not need screens or use screens. Klay scores from all over. Kuminga scores inside or short mid range or wide open corner 3s. Klay is a jump shooter. Kuminga is a slashing driver.

Kuminga does not change Klay’s role other than to change Klay from 2nd option to 3rd option and Kuminga pushes Wiggins to 4th option. Klay and Kuminga do different things and fit well together.

No, klay and jk play their roles differently, but it is the same role. It's the role poole also played when klay was hurt.

High offensive load with minimal defensive responsibilities.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,896

Post#142 » by 510TWSS » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:39 am

Love that sham god move JK pulled off in the 2nd. Just a massive jump here in a month lol. him, podz an Lester with great games tonight
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 792

Post#143 » by Old_Blue » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:56 am

After tonight, Podziemski has played 39 games this season, only 12 of which resulted in a negative +/- And, half of those were -4 or better. Dude is the anti-Wiseman. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#144 » by Nvnervous45 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:04 am

Wiseman was never very wise in a basketball sense. But it's hard for scouts to evaluate that. Bbiq is still hard for us to qualify, at least for layman like me. Better minds chose him, probably on his height and flashes of potential.
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#145 » by Sandy333 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:06 am

Podz, Curry, Wiggins, Kuminga and Draymond is a great defensive unit for the last coupke of games. Great switch almost everthing suffocating defence. But Kerr played them too long and Podz in particular had to pull double duty.
Hope Looney gets a break from travelling with team, he is struggling to pass the ball also.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#146 » by Sleepy51 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:07 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kuminga's post game interview game has improved by leaps and bounds.

As an old Celtic fan, rookie Bird could barely say anything in interviews. 4th year Bird was saying interesting thoughtful things and giving good interviews.

Minor difference here being Bird’s native language was actually English. JK’s first language is French. English is one of the four languages he apparently speaks.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#147 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:09 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Dray and wiggins made some defensive plays in the 4th and the offense will always take care of itself.

If jk is going to continue playing this well offensively, I really dont know what klays role will be moving forward.

We lose some shooting, but we are getting alot more rim pressure and transition offense.

I want Klay to be 3rd option not 2nd option. I would still go to Klay when Kuminga is struggling and you must score against good defense.

Klay and Curry mess up opposing defensive assignments by running arround screens. Kuminga does not need screens or use screens. Klay scores from all over. Kuminga scores inside or short mid range or wide open corner 3s. Klay is a jump shooter. Kuminga is a slashing driver.

Kuminga does not change Klay’s role other than to change Klay from 2nd option to 3rd option and Kuminga pushes Wiggins to 4th option. Klay and Kuminga do different things and fit well together.

No, klay and jk play their roles differently, but it is the same role. It's the role poole also played when klay was hurt.

I don’t think playing bad defense is a role.

Kuminga and Klay can fail on defense but they need to make an effort. Kuminga gets confused. Klay has lost the spring in his legs. I don’t have any spring in my legs either but I am an old man. I was once the most difficult person to dribble past on the playground but now I am a road cone.

Tatum and Brown don’t play off each other and help each other much. Tatum and Brown take turns being the man.

Draymond Curry Klay Iguodala Barnes death unit was opposite of Tatum and Barnes because the Warriors death unit created so much for each other.

Dray Curry Klay when Curry and Klay run hard arround screens breaks down defensive assignments and their teammates will get unguarded cuts to the basket.

Kuminga is more your turn my turn like Tatum and Brown but I am hoping that Kuminga’s fantastic rim attacking game can get more integrated with the Steph Klay Dray chaos creating game. Kuminga’s passes and reads are improving but even if Kuminga is playing the Tatum Brown your turn my turn game Kuminga still takes some pressure off of Steph and Klay.

Klay and Wiggins did not have good games tonight but I am still drooling over the point center Dray, Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Kuminga 5 man unit’s offensive potential. If these 5 guys get in a grove together their offense will be unstoppable.

Can that 5 not give up offensive rebounds? They killed the Grizzlies on the boards tonight but tonight’s Grizzlies were Jackson and the G-leaguers.
Dubs 707
Junior
And1: 147

Post#148 » by Dubs 707 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:09 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Onus wrote:At least he didn’t close either half. That’s a major improvement.

This is a post from you that I whole heartily agree with you on. JK set up Klay for more than a few good ones tomight!
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 459

Post#149 » by superunknown » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:11 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Onus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Him not playing the 4th was the only reason he didn't lead in minutes and shot attempts this game.

At least he didn’t close either half. That’s a major improvement.

6th man from the bench for no more than 20mins a game. that's should be his role moving forward. if he stays.
but really and truly he should be traded before the deadline.
Dubs 707
Junior
And1: 147

Post#150 » by Dubs 707 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:15 am

Jk had more rebounds than JJJ tonight, albeit only one, but I'm impressed with our 6'7 forward out rebounding a 6'10 center. Keep grinding young fella, keep at it!
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#151 » by superunknown » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:16 am

SpreeS wrote:I can’t imagine how will Kerr solve all these minutes when Paul Payton and Moody back

GPII will play if can stay healthy, his D is always needed.
moody won't play anyway with that impostor on the bench, even if 2/3 of the backcourt is out.
paul might be traded at the deadline.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#152 » by superunknown » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:19 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Dray and wiggins were great defensively again.
Steph and jk carry the offense.
Podz, the connector.

who would have thought that?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#153 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:23 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Kuminga and Klay can fail on defense but they need to make an effort. Kuminga gets confused. Klay has lost the spring in his legs. I don’t have any spring in my legs either but I am an old man. I was once the most difficult person to dribble past on the playground but now I am a road cone.

Tatum and Brown don’t play off each other and help each other much. Tatum and Brown take turns being the man.

Draymond Curry Klay Iguodala Barnes death unit was opposite of Tatum and Barnes because the Warriors death unit created so much for each other.

Dray Curry Klay when Curry and Klay run hard arround screens breaks down defensive assignments and their teammates will get unguarded cuts to the basket.

Kuminga is more your turn my turn like Tatum and Brown but I am hoping that Kuminga’s fantastic rim attacking game can get more integrated with the Steph Klay Dray chaos creating game. Kuminga’s passes and reads are improving but even if Kuminga is playing the Tatum Brown your turn my turn game Kuminga still takes some pressure off of Steph and Klay.

Klay and Wiggins did not have good games tonight but I am still drooling over the point center Dray, Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Kuminga 5 man unit’s offensive potential. If these 5 guys get in a grove together their offense will be unstoppable.

Can that 5 not give up offensive rebounds? They killed the Grizzlies on the boards tonight but tonight’s Grizzlies were Jackson and the G-leaguers.

Jk on poa was good (start off on gilyard). When he was off ball, it was a mixed bag. You can build around his strengths and weaknesses on defense.

Klay is just bad in any role, but more glaring problem is his body language on defense and him giving up on plays.

Wiggins did not play a bad game unless you evaluate solely on boxscore. He wasn't a part of the offense tonight with klays return, and wiggs is too often content to differ. He was great defensively. Sideline to sideline and always being in help position.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#154 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:24 am

Old_Blue wrote:After tonight, Podziemski has played 39 games this season, only 12 of which resulted in a negative +/- And, half of those were -4 or better. Dude is the anti-Wiseman. :D

I think he's our modern iggy.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#155 » by superunknown » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:28 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Jk on poa was good (start off on gilyard). When he was off ball, it was a mixed bag. You can build around his strengths and weaknesses on defense.

Klay is just bad in any role, but more glaring problem is his body language on defense and him giving up on plays.

Wiggins did not play a bad game unless you evaluate solely on boxscore. He wasn't a part of the offense tonight with klays return, and wiggs is too often content to differ. He was great defensively. Sideline to sideline and always being in help position.

I literally don't give a shite about what advanced metrics, stats, etc. say. he is our best wing defender.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#156 » by Onus » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:33 am

superunknown wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

I literally don't give a shite about what advanced metrics, stats, etc. say. he is our best wing defender.

Yup we’re going nowhere without him. Trading him would end any shot at winning a championship.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#157 » by superunknown » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:37 am

Onus wrote:
superunknown wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Yup we’re going nowhere without him. Trading him would end any shot at winning a championship.

absolutely. also, his contract is not bad at all, even if they want to do a salary dump you certainly don't dump his contract but for instance paul and klay first.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,832

Post#158 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:05 am

Another day at the office for JK
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#159 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 3, 2024 8:18 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kuminga's post game interview game has improved by leaps and bounds.

As an old Celtic fan, rookie Bird could barely say anything in interviews. 4th year Bird was saying interesting thoughtful things and giving good interviews.

Minor difference here being Bird’s native language was actually English. JK’s first language is French. English is one of the four languages he apparently speaks.

Bird’s native language was southern Indiana impoverished illiterate white trash extreme hick English which might have made him nervous about speaking to media because coastal people stigmatized Bird’s dialect of English when anybody but a celebrity speaks Southern Indiana hick English.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,093

Post#160 » by whatisacenter » Sat Feb 3, 2024 8:38 am

floppymoose wrote:Another day at the office for JK

The guy has been amazing. There were a couple of times tonight where he was the player who calmed things down by getting a key bucket. The game looks to have slowed down for him....it's great to see!
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to Golden State Warriors