ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 61: Warriors vs Bucks

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,599

Re: Game 61: Warriors vs Bucks 

Post#141 » by HiRez » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:52 am

That was amazing. Thought TJD and Kuminga played excellent defense on Giannis, about the best you can hope to do.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#142 » by superunknown » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:54 am

great W.
TJD at the top.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#143 » by SpreeChokeJob » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:58 am

The Warriors win with defense. Playing big is a part of that. Kerr’s running out midgets is severely outdated, because most bigs are fast perimeter defenders. They would get stops and eat BBQ chicken in the paint while TJD wasn’t there. I don’t think the TJD defense will work on all other stars, but it’s effective on Giannis in the way JK gets stuffed in the same way. Probably been awhile since Giannis met an agile big since the league has gone so small.

The key also for this post season will be Dray’s three because he will get opportunities.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#144 » by Romulus » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:10 am

I'm in shock. Total shock. It's not even the score. I was watching the game in the 2nd quarter and I looked out at the Warriors' lineup and said to myself, "These are the lineups and rotations Kerr should have been playing ALL YEAR."

Without knowing the outcome, I felt real hope for the first time in a long time. The final result -- a 35 point blowout -- speaks volumes. But I can't help but wonder, what if Kerr had done this all year and not just tonight? How many more wins?

I LOVED GP2 getting extended minutes and not just being in a few possessions and then sent back to the bench. I loved Moody and his solid defense getting minutes. And I loved TJD getting extended minutes while Saric got none (until garbage time).

Great game. Great lineups. Great results.

Why. Why. Why couldn't Kerr have done this all year?
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#145 » by Romulus » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:16 am

Onus wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:Stifling defense off the bench. It helped that the refs let both teams play. Best all around game of the season?

Definitely.

We actually have good defenders. It’s just whether or not Kerr plays them

This.

Good defenders:
Green
TJD
Wiggins
GP2
Moody

At least 2 of these guys should always be in the game at the same time.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#146 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:40 am

Great game.

Biggest stats of the night....21 minutes for Klay and 20 for Moody.

Thank god Kerr is finally recognizing that Moody, Kuminga, TJD are head and shoulder above Klay as aethletes and total players right now.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#147 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:42 am

Romulus wrote:
Onus wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Definitely.

We actually have good defenders. It’s just whether or not Kerr plays them

This.

Good defenders:
Green
TJD
Wiggins
GP2
Moody

Not 2, it's 3. Let steph, klay, cp3, jk, and podz be the other 2 to provide ballhandling, shooting, etc..

As opposed to kerr typically throwing out 1.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#148 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:43 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Great game.

Biggest stats of the night....21 minutes for Klay and 20 for Moody.

Thank god Kerr is finally recognizing that Moody, Kuminga, TJD are head and shoulder above Klay as aethletes and total players right now.

Wait and see.

Wiggins is on a minutes restriction, so need to see how it plays out with rotation. Moody definitely is earning his minutes.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,833

Post#149 » by floppymoose » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:44 am

Saw the first half live but the second half later. Fun game.

I love two timelines. This is why you dont trade the youth.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,306

Post#150 » by GunnerWRX » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:58 am

Good job finally not blowing a lead. Dominated in the 4th.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#151 » by Romulus » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:04 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Romulus wrote:
Onus wrote:We actually have good defenders. It’s just whether or not Kerr plays them

This.

Good defenders:
Green
TJD
Wiggins
GP2
Moody

Not 2, it's 3. Let steph, klay, cp3, jk, and podz be the other 2 to provide ballhandling, shooting, etc..

As opposed to kerr typically throwing out 1.

Even better.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#152 » by jozef » Thu Mar 7, 2024 8:54 am

Speaking from Bucks standpoint:
Great start 5-0, but then Giannis started to take 3pters. Portis scored on his own. First and last bright moments came in start of 3rd Q when finally 7-1 Brook Lopez was located around the basket (instead of camping two feet behind perimeter). They went on 19-5 run against smaller Warriors but then genius Doc Rivers subbed Lopez out and the Bucks went to their previous state.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#153 » by The-Power » Thu Mar 7, 2024 10:28 am

Moody is earning his minutes with defense but the offense still isn't where it needs to be to get a lot of minutes independent of match-up and situational requirements. Of course he has to be in the rotation, though. With some offensive improvements he should be a 20+ MPG player next year. TJD continues earning his minutes over Looney and Saric.

Still a good chance we won't make the playoffs (even losing two play-in games is entirely possible) but if we do, we have the tools to put up a good fight against anyone (maybe with the exception of Denver).
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,055

Post#154 » by Jester_ » Thu Mar 7, 2024 11:37 am

Is there any argument to not play TJD 20 mpg nowadays?
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#155 » by jozef » Thu Mar 7, 2024 11:42 am

Jester_ wrote:Is there any argument to not play TJD 20 mpg nowadays?

Yes, there is. He should not play 20 mpg.

He should start and play 30 mpg.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,635

Post#156 » by GSWFan1994 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:26 pm

It's impossible for me to watch when the team plays at home... game started at past midnight, I managed to watch 1 quarter and a half before falling sleep, and it was already 1 am and change.

Nevertheless, great win. Glad to see Moody getting consistent minutes, GP2 too. Saric and Looney are the odd men out, as they should be with the current configuration of the team.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,299

Post#157 » by Impuniti » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:43 pm

SpreeChokeJob wrote:The Warriors win with defense. Playing big is a part of that. Kerr’s running out midgets is severely outdated, because most bigs are fast perimeter defenders. They would get stops and eat BBQ chicken in the paint while TJD wasn’t there. I don’t think the TJD defense will work on all other stars, but it’s effective on Giannis in the way JK gets stuffed in the same way. Probably been awhile since Giannis met an agile big since the league has gone so small.

The key also for this post season will be Dray’s three because he will get opportunities.

This is something he started out moreso towards the second half of the 21-22 season and just went fully into it last and this season. It's relatively new, stupid, and a massive failure. :banghead:

Stop overplaying super old past it guys, play people on merit, ban 4G lineups altogether and only allow 3G lineups if GPII is the other guard. Just a few steps to common sense and this team would have been comfortably in the PS.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#158 » by superunknown » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:19 pm

Romulus wrote:I'm in shock. Total shock. It's not even the score. I was watching the game in the 2nd quarter and I looked out at the Warriors' lineup and said to myself, "These are the lineups and rotations Kerr should have been playing ALL YEAR."

Without knowing the outcome, I felt real hope for the first time in a long time. The final result -- a 35 point blowout -- speaks volumes. But I can't help but wonder, what if Kerr had done this all year and not just tonight? How many more wins?

I LOVED GP2 getting extended minutes and not just being in a few possessions and then sent back to the bench. I loved Moody and his solid defense getting minutes. And I loved TJD getting extended minutes while Saric got none (until garbage time).

Great game. Great lineups. Great results.

Why. Why. Why couldn't Kerr have done this all year?

no one knows what the f*** he has been doing for half of the season and neither he does. he basically threw away multiple games for no reason.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 335

Post#159 » by Mac1958 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:01 pm

jozef wrote:
Jester_ wrote:Is there any argument to not play TJD 20 mpg nowadays?

Yes, there is. He should not play 20 mpg.

He should start and play 30 mpg.

Yes. ASAP, please.

What a freakin' draft.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#160 » by SpreeChokeJob » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:08 pm

Impuniti wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:The Warriors win with defense. Playing big is a part of that. Kerr’s running out midgets is severely outdated, because most bigs are fast perimeter defenders. They would get stops and eat BBQ chicken in the paint while TJD wasn’t there. I don’t think the TJD defense will work on all other stars, but it’s effective on Giannis in the way JK gets stuffed in the same way. Probably been awhile since Giannis met an agile big since the league has gone so small.

This is something he started out moreso towards the second half of the 21-22 season and just went fully into it last and this season. It's relatively new, stupid, and a massive failure. :banghead:

Stop overplaying super old past it guys, play people on merit, ban 4G lineups altogether and only allow 3G lineups if GPII is the other guard. Just a few steps to common sense and this team would have been comfortably in the PS.

I’m not even sure it was Kerr making the decisions. It took the combined effort of the media and Kuminga calling him out which resulted to where the Warriors are now. Otherwise he would have continued plugging square pegs in round holes.

You could tell how clueless he was when looked all miserable at post game loss interviews. He had no clue, kept on trying to make the Curry, Thompson, CP3 lineup work by out scoring the opponent, but they gave up whatever points they made. Meanwhile Kuminga and Moody, third year players were sitting on the bench.

I don’t know what poster said it was an exercise in futility to ask Kerr to play Moody, well the next game he’s starter and been doing above average. It’s no doubt that media and the organization does lurk on these boards and now they are also fishing for ideas for stories or looking at Joe Schmoe for the obvious in tactics. Is Kerr going to thank realgm for securing the bag because he was on the way out otherwise.

Return to Golden State Warriors