michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Re: Game 73: Warriors @ Hornets 4pm PDT 

Post#161 » by michaelm » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:37 am

svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:
Unfortunately, we live in times when a certain segment of society is attempting to normalize misogyny in all its forms. And where do such efforts get you? In New York City, over the last month, one or more men have been roaming the streets randomly punching women in the face. I don't know what kind of man finds humor in such a state of affairs. I don't want to know. But, in a strange way, I am thankful when they publicly identify themselves through their words, innuendos and "jokes." It's like they've done all the work of isolating themselves for and from the rest of us. :D

THIS. It's less about the bridges joke than it is a general love of the red-pill/'maniverse' concepts. Like calling someone a snowflake for quitting a toxic cesspool like twitter because an objectively awful person bought it (flirting with anti-semitism, pro-putin stance, lying to investors, not paying his sub-contractors, stopping rent payments on the twitter building, the many children with different women [which we kill athletes for], i could go on). It's a narrow minded view of the world where "I am right and everyone else needs to get out of their internet bubble" or "San Francisco is a helluva drug" and "not the real world" and "the real world is laughing at you"

The cognitive dissonance here is one-way. It's the people thinking everyone in SF is in a 'bubble' or 'not in a real place.' The rest of the world isn't laughing at SF, it's saving up money to visit during a holiday or week off. Or move here for the jobs, weather and lifestyle. These aren't 'opinions' but supported by ever-increasing housing prices and millions of tourists that come here yearly.

I'm also not american. I grew up in the former soviet union and lived and worked, for years, in independent Ukraine. I've also spent a good amount of time in other countries and have close friends who hail from everywhere else (from Japan to Bangladesh). In large part because I came to SF as a kid and was exposed to people from everywhere else in the world. In fact, most places outside the US (or even major US urban areas) are bubbles. Most countries (and american rural counties) have 1 overwhelming majority in terms of ethnic group, religious identity and political preference. That is the definition of a bubble.

Wow. All this wall of text starting from a joke you clearly did not understand. You than expand it to your view of the world, calling everyone who dares have other opinions narrow-minded.

You are not the only one raised and who lived in the shadow if Russia. You fled, which is fine. But trust me, we have here today totally different problems than getting triggered from a joke.

I didn’t have much problem with your joke. Context and currency are obviously important with such jokes.

The leader of one of the two major political parties in Australia, then in opposition, announced a raft of policies for the next election under the banner “the things that matter”. Subsequently he announced a domestic violence policy joking that he was now moving on to “the things that batter”. Didn’t go down well, perhaps understandably, and his leadership didn’t last long.

On the other hand it has been common in the vernacular for many decades to call the Belgian beer Stella Artois the wife beater beer because of the Marlon Brando movie and I don’t think people take that as trivialising domestic violence, and your joke was I imagine intended to be along those lines.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,453

Post#162 » by svart » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:58 pm

michaelm wrote:
svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:

THIS. It's less about the bridges joke than it is a general love of the red-pill/'maniverse' concepts. Like calling someone a snowflake for quitting a toxic cesspool like twitter because an objectively awful person bought it (flirting with anti-semitism, pro-putin stance, lying to investors, not paying his sub-contractors, stopping rent payments on the twitter building, the many children with different women [which we kill athletes for], i could go on). It's a narrow minded view of the world where "I am right and everyone else needs to get out of their internet bubble" or "San Francisco is a helluva drug" and "not the real world" and "the real world is laughing at you"

The cognitive dissonance here is one-way. It's the people thinking everyone in SF is in a 'bubble' or 'not in a real place.' The rest of the world isn't laughing at SF, it's saving up money to visit during a holiday or week off. Or move here for the jobs, weather and lifestyle. These aren't 'opinions' but supported by ever-increasing housing prices and millions of tourists that come here yearly.

I'm also not american. I grew up in the former soviet union and lived and worked, for years, in independent Ukraine. I've also spent a good amount of time in other countries and have close friends who hail from everywhere else (from Japan to Bangladesh). In large part because I came to SF as a kid and was exposed to people from everywhere else in the world. In fact, most places outside the US (or even major US urban areas) are bubbles. Most countries (and american rural counties) have 1 overwhelming majority in terms of ethnic group, religious identity and political preference. That is the definition of a bubble.

Wow. All this wall of text starting from a joke you clearly did not understand. You than expand it to your view of the world, calling everyone who dares have other opinions narrow-minded.

You are not the only one raised and who lived in the shadow if Russia. You fled, which is fine. But trust me, we have here today totally different problems than getting triggered from a joke.

I didn’t have much problem with your joke. Context and currency are obviously important with such jokes.

The leader of one of the two major political parties in Australia, then in opposition, announced a raft of policies for the next election under the banner “the things that matter”. Subsequently he announced a domestic violence policy joking that he was now moving on to “the things that batter”. Didn’t go down well, perhaps understandably, and his leadership didn’t last long.

On the other hand it has been common in the vernacular for many decades to call the Belgian beer Stella Artois the wife beater beer because of the Marlon Brando movie and I don’t think people take that as trivialising domestic violence, and your joke was I imagine intended to be along those lines.

it wasn't my joke.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,325

Post#163 » by NeoWarriors » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:19 pm

Geez. Just lock this thread already.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors ProToast Elite Toaster using RealGM mobile app
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#164 » by michaelm » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:39 pm

Deleted
svart
Analyst

Post#165 » by svart » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:29 pm

michaelm wrote:
svart wrote:
michaelm wrote:I didn’t have much problem with your joke. Context and currency are obviously important with such jokes.

it wasn't my joke.

Should have left it deleted as when I first posted it.

Maybe you should. At least read who wrote what before accussing me of things i didn't write.

Anyway, i stop here, nothing good from this discussion.

I will get back to hating kerr and klay.
vvoland
Senior
And1: 114

Post#166 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:40 pm

svart wrote:
michaelm wrote:
svart wrote:
it wasn't my joke.

Should have left it deleted as when I first posted it.

Maybe you should. At least read who wrote what before accussing me of things i didn't write.

Pot, meet kettle.
svart
Analyst

Post#167 » by svart » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:28 pm

vvoland wrote:
svart wrote:
michaelm wrote:Should have left it deleted as when I first posted it.

Pot, meet kettle.

Cheers, mate
vvoland
Senior

Post#168 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:47 pm

svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:
svart wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

Cheers, mate

I mean, you clearly took my posts that were critical of Jester and his position post-joke as a response to your comments. You then flew in off the top rope like I had insulted your family. The "at least read who wrote what before accusing me of things I didn't write" was pretty funny in that context.

Not sure why you'd take some message board post that personally but hey, to each his own.

Hope Romania does well in the Euros, although being in the same group as Belgium and Ukraine won't be great for 'em. 2.66 teams advance, though, so they'll have a real shot to go through.
svart
Analyst

Post#169 » by svart » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:38 pm

vvoland wrote:
svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

Cheers, mate

I mean, you clearly took my posts that were critical of Jester and his position post-joke as a response to your comments. You then flew in off the top rope like I had insulted your family. The "at least read who wrote what before accusing me of things I didn't write" was pretty funny in that context.

Not sure why you'd take some message board post that personally but hey, to each his own.

Hope Romania does well in the Euros, although being in the same group as Belgium and Ukraine won't be great for 'em. 2.66 teams advance, though, so they'll have a real shot to go through.

My man, i did not took it personal. I am just tired of people reacting to harmless jokes like it's the end of the world.

Just to clarify, what i meant was i did not made that **** joke. Someone else did. Not me. Now, see the difference? :D

Honestly, don't know what you mean by Euros. Honestly. If you are talking about footbal, i don't watch it for years. Like in not even a game. Probably you do, cause at basketball we're shyte, can't see us at Euros there :lol:

See, our major sports, both football and basketball, were corrupted to the bone. Maybe you know the feeling, if you said you lived in Ukraine. Fixed games, bought referees, in the end it made me sick and i stopped watching. I remember one natinal championship semi-final, the referees were so bad they needed to be taken out with a swat team in an armored vehicle. It makes kings-lakers from twenty years agonlike a walk in the park. And then, some recordings came up with the owner of that team bragging about howmany championshios he bought. They didn't even take their titles, and they still play in the first league. What's to watch there?

NBA is not perfect, but it's miles away from that **** from this point of view. That's why it's the only league i watch now.
vvoland
Senior

Post#170 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:51 pm

svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:
svart wrote:
Cheers, mate

My man, i did not took it personal. I am just tired of people reacting to harmless jokes like it's the end of the world.

Just to clarify, what i meant was i did not made that **** joke. Someone else did. Not me. Now, see the difference? :D

Honestly, don't know what you mean by Euros. Honestly. If you are talking about footbal, i don't watch it for years. Like in not even a game. Probably you do, cause at basketball we're shyte, can't see us at Euros there :lol:

See, our major sports, both football and basketball, were corrupted to the bone. Maybe you know the feeling, if you said you lived in Ukraine. Fixed games, bought referees, in the end it made me sick and i stopped watching. I remember one natinal championship semi-final, the referees were so bad they needed to be taken out with a swat team in an armored vehicle. It makes kings-lakers from twenty years agonlike a walk in the park. And then, some recordings came up with the owner of that team bragging about howmany championshios he bought. They didn't even take their titles, and they still play in the first league. What's to watch there?

NBA is not perfect, but it's miles away from that **** from this point of view. That's why it's the only league i watch now.

Figured you were a soccer fan based on the Juve badge you show. So, yes, I was referring to the European Championships that are taking place this summer. While I tend to stay away from the Ukranian soccer league for the same reasons you do, international soccer is the absolute best. Sorry to hear you're so disillusioned that you won't even watch your national team in their first major tournament since the mid 90s.
svart
Analyst

Post#171 » by svart » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:00 pm

vvoland wrote:
svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:

Figured you were a soccer fan based on the Juve badge you show. So, yes, I was referring to the European Championships that are taking place this summer. While I tend to stay away from the Ukranian soccer league for the same reasons you do, international soccer is the absolute best. Sorry to hear you're so disillusioned that you won't even watch your national team in their first major tournament since the mid 90s.

Well, i am a Juve fan, still don't watch them for years. I guess you know why, they did the same stuff with the referees. But i cannot root for another team anyway.

With football is also another thing, i don't have the patience anymore to watch a full game. I find basketball more dinamic.

One more question: your username has anything to do with THAT Bulgakov novel? :D
vvoland
Senior

Post#172 » by vvoland » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:55 pm

svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:
svart wrote:

Well, i am a Juve fan, still don't watch them for years. I guess you know why, they did the same stuff with the referees. But i cannot root for another team anyway.

With football is also another thing, i don't have the patience anymore to watch a full game. I find basketball more dinamic.

One more question: your username has anything to do with THAT Bulgakov novel? :D

Yep, that's exactly where it's from. Used to be my favorite piece of literature.
svart
Analyst

Post#173 » by svart » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:11 am

vvoland wrote:
svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:

Yep, that's exactly where it's from. Used to be my favorite piece of literature.

Nice.

It is one of my favorites too, still today.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,298

Post#174 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:23 pm

svart wrote:
vvoland wrote:
svart wrote:
Cheers, mate

Football (or soccer) makes NBA and any other sports look child's play when it comes to corruption.

Return to Golden State Warriors