ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 56 Nuggets at Warriors, 4 PM pst, big test, big game, big Jokic. NokieJokey not this time

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Re: Game 56 Nuggets at Warriors, 4 PM pst, big test, big game, big Jokic. NokieJokey not this time 

Post#181 » by watch1958 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:50 am

On the bright side, they blew this lead early instead of late. That’s progress, right?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Re: Game 56 Nuggets at Warriors, 4 PM pst, big test, big game, big Jokic. NokieJokey not this time 

Post#182 » by killmongrel » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:55 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Steph needs to be better. He's been lousy on both sides of the court tonight, but particularly on defense. Murray has cooked him on ball and he's getting caught in no man's land off ball.

I agree. But at the end of the day, he's still the only reason Warriors have any shot of contending in the future. It's about putting the right team around him this off season.

And JK is one of those guys. Podz had a bad night too. What we need is for Klay not to disappear against starters but that seems to be who he is now. He's a gunner off the bench but a crunch time shooter he is not anymore.

Is he? If there's a good trade out there available for JK, he's gone. He's one of our most valuable assets. The player I'm keeping along with Steph because their value isn't getting you more are Draymond and Wiggins. Everybody else is on the table.
billinder33
Junior
And1: 86

Post#183 » by billinder33 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:00 am

Well, I guess now we know.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#184 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:13 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
cpower wrote:Denver is not even trying. If we can't find a center who can play with dray Why did not we go for a trade earlier? It makes no sense to only play the 2nd best player Draymond 28 mins a night. Steve Kerr should have sit Curry for this one.

He has one in tjd. But if u play tjd and dray, it means you can't play jk. So you give up offense for defense and rebounding which is a trade I'd make, but kerr never will.

You swap out Podz for Moody if you want rebounding. Podz is not going to grab rebounds off Denver’s team despite his effort.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Post#185 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:22 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
cpower wrote:Denver is not even trying. If we can't find a center who can play with dray Why did not we go for a trade earlier? It makes no sense to only play the 2nd best player Draymond 28 mins a night. Steve Kerr should have sit Curry for this one.

He has one in tjd. But if u play tjd and dray, it means you can't play jk. So you give up offense for defense and rebounding which is a trade I'd make, but kerr never will.

You swap out Podz for Moody if you want rebounding. Podz is not going to grab rebounds off Denver’s team despite his effort.

Very good points. Moody profiles as the guy most able to make a difference with his length and toughness. Podz is great but Denver is a big strong team and Podz can't make the same impact despite all his pluck and guts.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran

Post#186 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:23 am

Denver neutralized Curry’s three but gave him the two. If they do that then they win because their two is better than Curry’s two’s. They need a defender that can shut down Murray to have a chance because they have no one that can stop Jokic. All they can do is slow him down.

Klay is purely a bench player. Kerr bringing him in critical situations is bad. Old habits die hard. Klay is an ok defender against bench players, but forget about playing against starters. Whatever he scores will be given back plus more.

When the Denver wanted to shut the Warrior’s offense down they did. They have great defenders. They need a foul merchant like JK when the threes aren’t going down or to stop the bleeding. But bottom line is they can’t stop Murray or Jokic which means there is no chance at all despite if the Warrior’s offense is on. They either need Moody or TJD to replace Podz because they need stops. I’m leaning towards Moody because TJD still makes mistakes.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#187 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:27 am

HiRez wrote:I don't know why, but I really feel like the Dubs are going to win this game, and probably convincingly. Overall, Denver is probably the better team, but they're not a team that should beat this Warrior team 4 out of 4 games.

JK needs a bounce-back game and get back to staying aggressive going to the rim, he didn't look great against Charlotte, just had bad touch and rusty instincts, although he got it together more in the second half. I want TJD to play more but this is a tough matchup for him. GP2 should be effective on Jokic, hounding him when possible from the edges.

Early in the game we were up 14 and your feeling was looking right but the Nuggets got us tied byhalf time.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran

Post#188 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:28 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:

Very good points. Moody profiles as the guy most able to make a difference with his length and toughness. Podz is great but Denver is a big strong team and Podz can't make the same impact despite all his pluck and guts.

I love for Kerr to try it, but I know he won’t. Moody is stuck in a different multiverse from the one Kerr is on. At this point, the Warriors have nothing to lose because tonight going with Kerr’s default strategy will only lead to defeat.

Moody is more like a power forward type of forward and JK is more like a shooting guard in terms of playing style. They still won’t win against Denver, but I believe this is what will give them the best chance.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,055

Post#189 » by Jester_ » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:28 am

Can you imagine if Lacob had fired MJax and promoted Malone? We might have 6 rings by now

Also Jokic is just insane. Only player in the league I'd definitively say is better than Steph at this stage.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#190 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:30 am

Nuggets have our number.

I wonder who defends Jokic well. Whoever he is he does not play for the Warriors.

Warrios B game can not beat the Nuggets B game.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#191 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:31 am

We need to play another big vs Denver alongside dray.

Dray on jokic allows jokic to find cutters and open shooters. More importantly takes dray out of the paint which makes jk the primary big paint protector helper.

Our 3 pfs (jk,klay, and saric) struggled with ag tonight.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Post#192 » by thunderdunk » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:35 am

Dubs now 1-10 vs Denver in the last 11. They match up badly and also get out coached. Barring injuries, they have no chance against Denver in the playoffs. Maybe they can add some size over the summer. Otherwise this outcome is pretty predictable
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#193 » by cpower » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:35 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
HiRez wrote:I don't know why, but I really feel like the Dubs are going to win this game, and probably convincingly. Overall, Denver is probably the better team, but they're not a team that should beat this Warrior team 4 out of 4 games.

JK needs a bounce-back game and get back to staying aggressive going to the rim, he didn't look great against Charlotte, just had bad touch and rusty instincts, although he got it together more in the second half. I want TJD to play more but this is a tough matchup for him. GP2 should be effective on Jokic, hounding him when possible from the edges.

Early in the game we were up 14 and your feeling was looking right but the Nuggets got us tied byhalf time.

their offense is 2 levels up on us and defense is also better. we have no hope against good teams when we blow on both ends. Teams are not even playing that hard against us, they could just bliz Curry every time and we would be almost impossible to get a bucket..as Podz and JK are bad shooters.

this team's limit is a close exit on 2nd rounds as I just dont see Curry going 40 every night.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran

Post#194 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:36 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:We need to play another big vs Denver alongside dray.

Dray on jokic allows jokic to find cutters and open shooters. More importantly takes dray out of the paint which makes jk the primary big paint protector helper.

All 3 of those names aren’t true PF besides in Kerr’s world. JK plays size wise like a SG. Klay should be on the bench at 20 minutes. Saric shouldn’t play in any meaningful minutes in the playoffs.

Moody if he got his three down would be ideal. And I would have JK stick on Murray like white on rice.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#195 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:38 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:You swap out Podz for Moody if you want rebounding. Podz is not going to grab rebounds off Denver’s team despite his effort.

I love for Kerr to try it, but I know he won’t. Moody is stuck in a different multiverse from the one Kerr is on. At this point, the Warriors have nothing to lose because tonight going with Kerr’s default strategy will only lead to defeat.

Moody is more like a power forward type of forward and JK is more like a shooting guard in terms of playing style. They still won’t win

Kuminga may be a guard but Moody is not a power forward.

I don’t know why anybody says Moody is tough. Podz rebounding guard may be tough.

Sometimes efficient lack of activity can be better than running around frantically like a chicken with your head cut off but I prefer active defenders. Qinones keeps moving. Moody does not move much when compared to Quinones.

Podz got 6 rebounds and that is good for a guard but I want 8 rebounds per game from Kuminga.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,118

Post#196 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:47 am

thunderdunk wrote:Dubs now 1-10 vs Denver in the last 11. They match up badly and also get out coached. Barring injuries, they have no chance against Denver in the playoffs. Maybe they can add some size over the summer. Otherwise this outcome is pretty predictable

I don’t think they match up badly. Kerr just has to understand that the Warriors no longer dictate to others how the game is played, forcing them to adjust. We need to adjust to them now
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#197 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:We need to play another big vs Denver alongside dray.

looney, Saric and Trayce are also too small to defend Jokic.
I would try Trayce because he is faster and can jump.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran

Post#198 » by SpreeChokeJob » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:52 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Very good points. Moody profiles as the guy most able to make a difference with his length and toughness. Podz is great but Denver is a big strong team and Podz can't make the same impact despite all his pluck and guts.

Moody is more like a power forward type of forward and JK is more like a shooting guard in terms of playing style. They still won’t win

Kuminga may be a guard but Moody is not a power forward.

I don’t know why anybody says Moody is tough. Podz rebounding guard may be tough.

Sometimes efficient lack of activity can be better than running around frantically like a chicken with your head cut off but I prefer active defenders. Qinones keeps moving. Moody does not move much when compared to Quinones.

Podz got 6 rebounds and that is good for a guard but I want 8 rebounds per game from Kuminga.

It’s already proven that Podz won’t get you there based off tonight. They played as well as they could of. Then Kerr went to Klay at the end, also a dud decision. As long as Nuggets keep scoring it doesn’t matter what Klay or Curry will do against Denver’s defense. They will shut down the splash brothers the majority of the times during critical moments with their starting defense which leads to a given defeat. At this point the Warriors have nothing to lose by playing Moody the rest of the way. Either they play him or get the same result we saw tonight. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again which Kerr is an expert on. That and square pegs and round holes. Sometimes I wish they gave Kenny A the keys.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#199 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:57 am

Jokic was plus 32 which means the Nuggets were minus 16 with Jokic off the floor.

Lets trade Saric for Jokic.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#200 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:02 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Did kerr promise to get saric paid in the offseason? Why are we using him like he's jokic.

Saric is OK as your outside shooting 3rd string center.
He will get an NBA job with some team even though he runs like a fire hydrant.

Return to Golden State Warriors