YES
81%
NO
19%

Total votes: 80

DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,315

Re: Is Moses Moody an NBA caliber player? 

Post#21 » by DonaldSanders » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:17 pm

statsman wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:If he could get that 3P% over 40% he would be Klay’s clear backup but his shooting is still cheeks

He needs to shoot.

In those games where he has 5+ 3PA this season, he's shooting 29/68 3pt (42.6%). Otherwise, he's shooting 7/35 (20%).

Last season he was 22/52 (42.3%) in games with 5+ 3PA.

Moody and Baldwin are the 2 young guys I would have played more. In Moody's case I think he really plays better with more time/gets a rhythm. The games where he has gotten a longer run I've always felt he looks more comfortable. Kuminga has gotten enough regular run that I don't mind his total PT. Moody I think could use more time to grow, he often seems to get these super short runs where he can't develop confidence. PBJ on the other hand seems perfectly suited to be a guy who just appears in short stints and can hit shots, I'm surprised we haven't used him more when we go cold.
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#22 » by delsol650 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:18 am

I’d rather have a guy like Kerr who holds young guys accountable than someone like Steven Silas who just lets his guys do whatever the hell they want and it looks like effing street ball. Maybe Atkinson would be a nice middle ground guy. He did we’ll developing guys in Brooklyn.

Wonder when Kerr will start holding his starters and high minute guys accountable for their every game:

1 handed whip pass that's a guaranteed turnover once or twice a game
Forced pass in between 2-3 defenders watching the ball
Forced dribble in between defenders only to fall down
Take terrible forced unbalanced or rush shots
commit turn over when not even being guarded

Not naming any names but it's your usual suspects doing that game in game out for several seasons now and Kerr hasn't done shyt about it and your "SMART/High IQ" players can't seen to fix that themselves.

All you get from Kerr is a smirk or a look in disbelief as if this is the first time he's seen it. At least with Pop he didn't take any special treatment of anyone, even reamed Duncan in front of team mates. Got on Manu or Parker for making idiotic mistakes.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Post#23 » by Big J » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:23 am

delsol650 wrote:
I’d rather have a guy like Kerr who holds young guys accountable than someone like Steven Silas who just lets his guys do whatever the hell they want and it looks like effing street ball. Maybe Atkinson would be a nice middle ground guy. He did we’ll developing guys in Brooklyn.

Wonder when Kerr will start holding his starters and high minute guys accountable for their every game:

1 handed whip pass that's a guaranteed turnover once or twice a game
Forced pass in between 2-3 defenders watching the ball
Forced dribble in between defenders only to fall down
Take terrible forced unbalanced or rush shots
commit turn over when not even being guarded

Not naming any names but it's your usual suspects doing that game in game out for several seasons now and Kerr hasn't done shyt about it and your "SMART/High IQ" players can't seen to fix that themselves.

All you get from Kerr is a smirk or a look in disbelief as if this is the first time he's seen it. At least with Pop he didn't take any special treatment of anyone, even reamed Duncan in front of team mates. Got on Manu or Parker for making idiotic mistakes.

Because when you have Steph Curry you don't reign him in or stifle him. He's an artist, and you just have to live with a few ridiculous turnovers every game. Also can you leave my user name in when you quote my posts so I can get the notifications?
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#24 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:44 am

If I thought Moody would not even get better I would not even give him the last seat on the bench. He is not far from being a player worthy of the last seat on the bench. He almost is an NBA player but he is not an NBA level player. There are so many big guards that are almost NBA players and the G-leage is full of them.

If Moody does not get better he will not make a team once his potential is no longer valued. If Moody does not improve he won’t be on an NBA roster for the 2025-25 season. His potential only buys him one more year and after that he needs to earn his roster spot.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#25 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:51 am

Big J wrote:
statsman wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:If he could get that 3P% over 40% he would be Klay’s clear backup but his shooting is still cheeks

He needs to shoot.

In those games where he has 5+ 3PA this season, he's shooting 29/68 3pt (42.6%). Otherwise, he's shooting 7/35 (20%).

Last season he was 22/52 (42.3%) in games with 5+ 3PA.

The problem is that he only shoots when he is literally wide open. He's way too passive of a shooter.

I am assuming that he is bad at shooting contested shots. If he knocks down the open shots well enough and is an average defender then he deserves a seat on the bench. But his defense is below average and his open shot shooting is OK but not good.
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 981

Post#26 » by WESCO » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:06 am

His best play tonight (-the missed dunk) was his cut through the lane to get Kuminga the open 3.

He's kind of just a body on the court. Doesn't make tons of mistakes but also doesn't make tons of positive plays.

Overall since last season though. He has absolutely digressed. This was a guy that started a few games and took playoff PT from Lee and this season he's being beat out by not 1 but 2, 2 way players.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#27 » by Upperclass » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:40 am

Upperclass wrote:Moody is at his ceiling talentwise. He'll learn the game and know when to pick his spots but he likely won't be able to do much beyond spot up and slightly harass bigger wings on the perimeter. Much better players they could've taken at that spot

viewtopic.php?p=94040366#p94040366
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#28 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:30 pm

Read on Twitter
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#29 » by watch1958 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:45 pm

If Moody had played all of Klay’s minutes this season, would they be above .500 or below?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#30 » by cpower » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:55 pm

he is one of the worst players in this league but he is a NBA player since he is playing in this league. Does that answer your q?
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 793

Post#31 » by Old_Blue » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:37 pm

cpower wrote:he is one of the worst players in this league but he is a NBA player since he is playing in this league. Does that answer your q?

Two years ago, the same exact thing was being said about Poole. Not saying that Moody will pan out as well offensively - he won't. But, I could see Moody becoming a decent defensive player. That said, as someone else suggested, Trey Murphy and his nearly 50/40/90 stat line was also available at the #14 pick.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#32 » by cpower » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:46 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
cpower wrote:he is one of the worst players in this league but he is a NBA player since he is playing in this league. Does that answer your q?

Two years ago, the same exact thing was being said about Poole. Not saying that Moody will pan out as well offensively - he won't. But, I could see Moody becoming a decent defensive player. That said, as someone else suggested, Trey Murphy and his nearly 50/40/90 stat line was also available at the #14 pick.

Poole is still a net negative and getting worse before getting better. not a great example here.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#33 » by and1GS » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:29 pm

Yes, he's an NBA caliber player.

No, I don't think he has been good this year overall.

Yes, I think Kerr jerking around his minutes/role has been a big part of the problem.

No, I don't think that will change.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#34 » by delsol650 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:42 pm

Yes, he's an NBA caliber player.

No, I don't think he has been good this year overall.

Yes, I think Kerr jerking around his minutes/role has been a big part of the problem.

No, I don't think that will change.

He has NBA skills, hard to be good when your coach yoyo's you since day 1 and plays non-guaranteed players more than him since day 1. He isn't getting better if not getting actual game experience. Not same in practice....I don't care what anyone says, there is no replacement for actual game play. Like Wiseman, Moody will not get any chance to get better or hit what ever celling he was meant to have while playing in GSW under Kerr.

He did have moments of looking like he can become a serviceable player but like others have mentioned he has regressed a lot. no surprise, considering Kerr's handling.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#35 » by watch1958 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:55 am

[url][/url]
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#36 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:08 am

Common guys; Moody did not improve from last year. If Moody was not young enough to be attached to his potential the Warriors would have already cut Moody. Moody is G-Leaguer. Almost an NBA level player but clearly not an NBA level player. Who voted that he was plying NBA level ball? Why are you lying? Are you lying to yourselves? Just can’t let go of what you expected after Moody had a good rookie season? You guys are fooling yourselves. Moody gets one more season to prove he belongs and if he does not improve his NBA days are done. At this time he is not an NBA player.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#37 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:16 am

Hoopstar23 wrote:Is He? I dont think he is... I think he gets lost on defense and gets bullied around... tell me your opinion guys?

You are right. I don’t no what those guys that voted for him are smoking. Look how much better than Moody Lamb and Jerome are.

Moody still has potential. Without potential, just based on what he can do now Moody would be out of the league.
There are some better off guards in G-league but they probably don’t have as much potential as Moody. Moody being young enough to hope for improvement is what Moody has going for him. But the guys voting that Moody is NBA caliber now are deluional.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#38 » by and1GS » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:54 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

That **** was hilarious. Reminds me of when I used to play pickup. I could dunk under the right circumstances, but my friend insisted on throwing me 2k alley oops on fast breaks - would look a lot like Moody there. You get halfway up then realize you can't jump as well as you think :lol:
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 770

Post#39 » by jaymo123 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:32 pm

I think Moody needs to go somewhere else and get playing time to see what he actually is. At times in the playoffs, he looked ok. His confidence right now is at an all-time low because he is not going out and just playing basketball, he is worried he will get benched just for crossing half-court.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,833

Post#40 » by floppymoose » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:03 pm

If getting jerked around by your coach is a problem, then you arent a good nba player.

Return to Golden State Warriors