ImageImageImageImageImage

2/14 Game 52 Clippers (35-17) @ Warriors (26-25) 7pm ESPN

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Which are you tuning into? Local broadcast or ESPN broadcast?

Local! Fitz & Kelenna
43%
ESPN - Her different takes.
50%
Both.
7%

Total votes: 14

svart
Analyst
And1: 3,447

Re: 2/14 Game 52 Clippers (35-17) @ Warriors (26-25) 7pm ESPN 

Post#281 » by svart » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:55 pm

Impuniti wrote:
svart wrote:I'm just curios if any journalist had the balls to ask kerr in the presser about his fetish with klay.

You know the answer to that. On one hand it's obnoxious but if my monthly pay for myself & family relied on what softball questions I ask the FO and management, I'd tow the line as well.

I know, i know.

I just hope some of them have a deathwish or something :lol:
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#282 » by Onus » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:59 pm

svart wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
svart wrote:I'm just curios if any journalist had the balls to ask kerr in the presser about his fetish with klay.

You know the answer to that. On one hand it's obnoxious but if my monthly pay for myself & family relied on what softball questions I ask the FO and management, I'd tow the line as well.

I know, i know.

I just hope some of them have a deathwish or something :lol:

It's funny TK asked Klay about playing time and Klay got defensive and was like what you want them to bench me. And TK was so shook, like a week after he was still saying I'm not trying to be on his bad side.

The journalist are really so scared of upsetting anyone and losing access they can't even do their job properly. I really feel like canceling.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM

Post#283 » by Onus » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:17 pm

podz taking shots at someone ... (Klay)

https://youtu.be/Atgi5_PXmzs?si=Kg0nHvn1MLZMcTnB&t=360
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#284 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:21 pm

Frozzy wrote:Klay pouting on the bench before Kerr put him back in crunchtime
Read on Twitter

he genuinely thinks if he was in there the Clippers run wouldn't be happening :lol: :banghead:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#285 » by Sandy333 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:45 pm

Klay finishing might have worked against a week team, but not a top 2 team.
Mambomuziki
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#286 » by Mambomuziki » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:45 pm

Should the team create a new role for Steve, something like Team Manager. I. E premier league. Pretty much like a coach manager though he is not on the bench.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using RealGM mobile app
Mambomuziki
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#287 » by Mambomuziki » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:47 pm

Mambomuziki wrote:Should the team create a new role for Steve, something like Team Manager. I. E premier league. Pretty much like a coach manager though he is not on the bench.

I thought the team was more relaxed in Utah with Kenny than the Clippers game

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,094

Post#288 » by whatisacenter » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:04 pm

Everyone grabbing at the low hanging fruit by blaming Klay and Kerr for the loss.

Klay left the game with over 6 minutes to go and the Warriors were up 2. He didn't return until there were 48 seconds left.

Did he make a boneheaded play? Yes, but the Clippers rolled while he was on the bench with the guys everyone wants to play on the floor.

The Clippers were putting Draymond in the PNR which didn't allow him to roam free on defense and got clean looks on corner 3's and cutting to the basket. Dray also got called for a moving screen and then helped too much off of the Clippers hottest shooter in Powell for a huge 3 to put LA up 6. Curry with under a minute and a half helps too much off of Coffey for another corner 3. Then the Warriors cut it to 4 only to let Coffey get all the way to the hoop through 4 defenders and fouled him to put the Clippers up 6 with 48 seconds to go.

Plenty of blame to go around.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,217

Post#289 » by cpower » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:14 pm

Clippers have shooters:
Harden 42% Kawhi 45% PG 40% Powell 45% Coffey 45% on threes!

you probably wont find a bad shooting night from them like tonight, only made 35% of them. Not playing defense vs them is suicidal.
Sandy333
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#290 » by Sandy333 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:15 pm

Klay finishing might have worked against a weak team, but not a top 2 team.
Onus
RealGM

Post#291 » by Onus » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:25 pm

whatisacenter wrote:Everyone grabbing at the low hanging fruit by blaming Klay and Kerr for the loss.

Klay left the game with over 6 minutes to go and the Warriors were up 2. He didn't return until there were 48 seconds left.

Did he make a boneheaded play? Yes, but the Clippers rolled while he was on the bench with the guys everyone wants to play on the floor.

The Clippers were putting Draymond in the PNR which didn't allow him to roam free on defense and got clean looks on corner 3's and cutting to the basket. Dray also got called for a moving screen and then helped too much off of the Clippers hottest shooter in Powell for a huge 3 to put LA up 6. Curry with under a minute and a half helps too much off of Coffey for another corner 3. Then the Warriors cut it to 4 only to let Coffey get all the way to the hoop through 4 defenders and fouled him to put the Clippers up 6 with 48 seconds to go.

It's about momentum. We were up 11 going into the 4th. Klay playing 29 min is 29 too many. Let alone playing 6 min in the 4th.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#292 » by superunknown » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:41 pm

whatisacenter wrote:Everyone grabbing at the low hanging fruit by blaming Klay and Kerr for the loss.

4/14, 1/9 from 3, standard non D, killed all momentum as usual when on the floor with dumb shots, bonehead play in the end. and kerr plays him almost 30 mins when he looked cooked from the start. 30 mins in excess.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,160

Post#293 » by TB » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:43 pm

Couple things I was thinking while watching:

- Klay...Kerr... ya, its been covered. Same story all year.

- Felt like Dray let non basketball antics overtake his mindset again. The flopping around on the ground (not sure why Kerr didn't call timeout)... the dumb stuff with PG that had nothing to do with any plays in the game... disappointing after a day he spent podcasting how he wasn't letting stuff get to him.

- JK had another bad game where I liked his focus and adjustments to be as positive of a player as possible while struggling. Klay should take notice. Although, somewhat worrisome having a few rough ones after the deadline when I was getting yelled at that selling high wasn't an awful idea lol.

- Moody should basically swap roles with Klay.

- TJD should swap roles with Saric or Loon.

- Some awful PnR defense outside of a handful of perfectly executed drop coverages by guards paired with Dray.

- My word can we please call a timeout and adjust the closeouts to not be a fly-by?

- Why will Kerr rush an offensive or defensive lineup into the game when there is a dead ball with like 10 seconds left in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter... but then roll with one lineup regardless of situation to close like the last 5 minutes of the game.... make it make sense to me.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,596

Post#294 » by HiRez » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:01 pm

Impuniti wrote:

Does it even matter if they ask? You know he'll just give the same BS answers about why he wasn't playing Kuminga and Moody, or why he was playing Jerome and Lamb (and now Quiñones) so much, or why he can't stop putting 4 guys under 6-5 on the floor together, or why he repeatedly removes the hot hand from the game prematurely. He's a master at yadda-yadda-ing to cover his mistakes in press conferences.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,583

Post#295 » by GSWFan1994 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:02 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:#1 problem is Steve Kerr. Klay sucks, Steve is the one playing the wrong guys. Man I'm tired of this crap. Moses Moody, 8 minutes of electric hustle and then glued to the pine.

I absolutely am loathe to say this, but I am EXHAUSTED with Klay Thompson. All the talk during and after games about his changing role/attitude, and it's just the same selfish guy who can't handle his decline. And there you have Steve Kerr, his enabler.

Steve was supposed to be the one to help Klay age gracefully... instead he's made him age terribly. Klay gets clowned on in every game thread. Reddit, RealGM General Board, everyone sees this guy is washed and it's just so painful from both the legacy of Klay and the reality of Klay.

I think I watched roughly 35 of the team's first 40 games. When I noticed that Kerr and Klay were more or less sabotaging the season, I stopped watching the games.

You know, here in Brazil it's a drag to watch the games. They start so late, around midnight for me, and usually finish around 2 or 3am. So imagine me having to wake up around 6:30am/7am in a week's day. But I did the sacrifice because I loved the team.

The last 15 games, I think I watched 2. No more getting pissed off, no more cursing at the TV, no more sleeping 3 or 4 hours, then going to work like a zombie. That's it.

Going by what I've watched, I'd say we should have at least 8 more wins, just if we had proper coaching. I mean, not genius coaching/strategy/whatever, but simply common sense coaching, knowing when to recognize substitution pattern, adjusting for matchups, keeping guys who had a hot hand going on, etc.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#296 » by HiRez » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:09 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Onus wrote:Oh yea tjd is limited. But so is jk.

I was mostly just responding to the rim pressure and tjd can provide that as well

TJD can’t drive down hill like JK, or be a threat on fast break. The defense really keys on JK. What he needs to do is pass out more often and reset which will create openings. But they have been trying to use him as a last second bailout scorer.

TJD relies on people to make plays for him, but JK if gets more experience this year will create more for others which TJD can’t do because his offense relies on others.

JK is a black hole and TJD plays within the offense. TJDs presence and passing create space for other player. That's the difference.

Dude, you really need to start looking with a fresh set of eyes. JK was a black hole, but he really is not now. He's doing a great job of moving the ball around and passing out, I would even say he should have take a few to the rim last night instead. 6 assists last night. He's averaging 3.4 assists/gm in February. I've said it a million times now, but he's still not a finished product yet. He's learning. But there ARE definite positive trend lines for him and that includes moving the ball more. On the other had, he's become a pretty reliable and efficient scorer, and from that standpoint you actually don't want him passing the ball every time. Kuminga is a big reason the Warriors are winning games in the last few months because in him they not only have more scoring, but an alternative way to score and warp defenses that no one else was providing.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#297 » by whatisacenter » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:16 pm

Onus wrote:

It's about momentum. We were up 11 going into the 4th. Klay playing 29 min is 29 too many. Let alone playing 6 min in the 4th.

Talk about momentum. How about Draymond with his stupid 4 fingers to PG? Once again Draymond fires up the other team.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#298 » by whatisacenter » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:19 pm

superunknown wrote:

4/14, 1/9 from 3, standard non D, killed all momentum as usual when on the floor with dumb shots, bonehead play in the end. and kerr plays him almost 30 mins when he looked cooked from the start. 30 mins in excess.

Never said Klay had a good game but the Warriors had the lead, the players on the floor everyone wants, and the wheels came off.

Again, plenty of blame to go around.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#299 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:24 pm

HiRez wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
SpreeChokeJob wrote:TJD can’t drive down hill like JK, or be a threat on fast break. The defense really keys on JK. What he needs to do is pass out more often and reset which will create openings. But they have been trying to use him as a last second bailout scorer.

TJD relies on people to make plays for him, but JK if gets more experience this year will create more for others which TJD can’t do because his offense relies on others.

JK is a black hole and TJD plays within the offense. TJDs presence and passing create space for other player. That's the difference.

Dude, you really need to start looking with a fresh set of eyes. JK was a black hole, but he really is not now. He's doing a great job of moving the ball around and passing out, I would even say he should have take a few to the rim last night instead. 6 assists last night. He's averaging 3.4 assists/gm in February. I've said it a million times now, but he's still not a finished product yet. He's learning. But there ARE definite positive trend lines for him and that includes moving the ball more. On the other had, he's become a pretty reliable and efficient scorer, and from that standpoint you actually don't want him passing the ball every time. Kuminga is a big reason the Warriors are winning games in the last few months because in him they not only have more scoring, but an alternative way to score and warp defenses that no one else was providing.

Jk is doing some things on offense that the dubs need.

But, he really needs to develop a counter because he doesn't have. It will be interesting to see what he does when teams start planning for him and wall up.

His defense, but especially his defensive rebounding is a bigger concern. I'm not sure those can be fixed because it seems to be more of an awareness problem than an experience one.

I still not in as him being the next giannis many think he will be. But, I hope he proves me wrong.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#300 » by HiRez » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:28 pm

Onus wrote:podz taking shots at someone ... (Klay)

https://youtu.be/Atgi5_PXmzs?si=Kg0nHvn1MLZMcTnB&t=360

It's crazy to me that Podz is a rookie. Dude talks, plays, and acts like a 10-year vet for the most part.

Return to Golden State Warriors