FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#381 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:08 am

shucknjive wrote:
510Reggae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Its not a riddle...

Length + athleticism (or in some cases, just height) dominate the Warriors...

lately, seems like just sound basketball tends to dominate us--

Whaddya mean lately? :D

Playoff basketball kills us... slow the tempo down, sound D, dont get caught up in our little "mismatch" war... occasionally the W's get hot and steal one or two, but a 7 game series prevents teams like ours from getting far in the playoffs...
shucknjive
Starter
And1: 3

Post#382 » by shucknjive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:08 am

I'd like to just chalk this up to an off night---but this game exposes some far deeper deficincies that a playoff team cannot afford to have--
thanks dude, ...i knew well what a crap of a man is "holly"
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#383 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:09 am

:bowdown: @ shuck

except for Chandler (opinions :D) this guy's been right on the money all night..
shucknjive
Starter

Post#384 » by shucknjive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:11 am

510Reggae wrote::bowdown: @ shuck

except for Chandler (opinions :D) this guy's been right on the money all night..

respek to you, sir....until next time---Watching these guys anymore this week and I stand to lose a few years' worth of sobriety :)
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#385 » by Sid the Squid » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:11 am

I love our roster...

I hate this season...
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#386 » by turk3d » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:12 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Please....AB is fine....How would you like to try and defensive rebound all night long 1 on 3?!

As long as the guard's allow penetration over and over again....and as long as the Warriors stay with an undersized non rebounding front line....Warriors are going to continue to give guys like Chandler career nights. I strong team with fundamentals of spacing and position AT least get over the back calls.

Anyway....Pual is better than Baron....Hornets better than Warriors.....Until Nelson starts putting legit sized players in key defensive and rebounding positions....Warriors are going to get blitzed on the glass.

Baron was obviously tired in the 4th. So was Biedrins who isn't used to getting that much run. As you pointed out, how many times did Biedrins get pushed by Chandler or West underneath? You're right it's or 3 against 1 usually. Plus, Andris has got to cover for everybody (mainly Baron) becuause of the NO pick and rolls which were killing them. Because he constantly has to help out (because of the rest of those guys lousy defense) many times he was out of position for rebounds.

Big strategic defensive mistake by Nellie. He should have had Monta on Paul (he played him pretty well) and put Baron on Peja (which would have been a much easier cover for him) which I can almost guarantee Peja wouldn't have lit it up the way he did today. Covering Paul and playing the entire game was way too much for Baron (surprised he didn't pull something today). This also would have put a lot more pressure on Paul (he would have had to keep up with Monta) and it would have gotten Monta in the game which he never did.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#387 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:13 am

Anyone know where I can find that poster that Chandler made of POB? I hope it freeze framed on the exact moment that POBs eyes were as big as dinner plates...
Warriors510
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#388 » by Warriors510 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:15 am

one more lose and we are tied with the jazz, about to be the 9th seed even tho its still early
shucknjive
Starter

Post#389 » by shucknjive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:16 am

Patrick, you pooor poooor bastard----you deserve to be far, far away from this team/
shucknjive
Starter

Post#390 » by shucknjive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:18 am

Warriors510 wrote:one more lose and we are tied with the jazz, about to be the 9th seed even tho its still early

I repeat---we'll be scrapping it out with Houston and Portland for 8th seed this year. Jazz are only in a temporary funk, and Korver is a HUGE improvement on Girisuck.

NO and Lakers are very good, and fairly deep.

I'm looking forward to the Portland game----that'll be a nice litmus test for the extent of our mediocrity--
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#391 » by -bob- » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:23 am

510Reggae wrote:Anyone know where I can find that poster that Chandler made of POB? I hope it freeze framed on the exact moment that POBs eyes were as big as dinner plates...

how could you want to see that again? you must like cutting yourself too.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#392 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:27 am

-bob- wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

how could you want to see that again? you must like cutting yourself too.

I appreciate good basketball, as pretty a play your going to see... CP3 deserves the credit though. Drew three defenders and floated a beauty to Chandler...
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#393 » by sarah42 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:29 am

shucknjive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I repeat---we'll be scrapping it out with Houston and Portland for 8th seed this year. Jazz are only in a temporary funk, and Korver is a HUGE improvement on Girisuck.

NO and Lakers are very good, and fairly deep.

I'm looking forward to the Portland game----that'll be a nice litmus test for the extent of our mediocrity--

lakers are deep, but the hornets aren't. the starting five is great, but thats it. we have the worst bench on the planet in new orleans.

that was a really surprising win. i thought for sure we would wilt under the crazy crowd you have in oakland, so i guess i can just skip the game against the suns, because to me, they are the easier team to beat.

how can a team have more road wins that home wins? we look like the orlando magic, and frankly that makes me sick.

is monta sick? he barley took any shots? whats up?
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#394 » by MoGrAdY » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:53 am

I gotta ask, I seen BWright got the start. How did he look? Why didnt he play more? Why did he start haha? Sorry guys just a huge Wright fan and was excited that he got a chance.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 309

Post#395 » by GswStorm3 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:55 am

I didn't like the idea of Brandan Wright being asked to go out twenty feet and guard Mo Peterson. If your going to start Wright, you take your chances with his length hopefully defensively bothering David West in the post.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#396 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:58 am

MoGrAdY wrote:I gotta ask, I seen BWright got the start. How did he look? Why didnt he play more? Why did he start haha? Sorry guys just a huge Wright fan and was excited that he got a chance.

The reasoning behind it was that we like to make runs in the 2nd Q (we did today even) and that its hard to sub in players during those runs, especially a rookie. So Nellie wanted to get Wright some significant minutes but not upset our chances at a run...

At least, that's what we're told. Could have just been to shake off the drubbing we took in Dallas... wonder who starts the next game? :confused:
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#397 » by MoGrAdY » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:08 am

So its not a perminant thing, and hell likely go back to his DNPCD's?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#398 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:40 am

Betting on Nellie's rotations = dancing w/the devil
Yi Jian Lian
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#399 » by Yi Jian Lian » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:59 am

I'm too lazy to look, but why did B.Wright start?
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#400 » by warriortone » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:59 am

Easily the most despicable, selfish game of the year. Our vaunted "chemistry" looks completely spent at this point or at least for tonight. My favorite play of the game was the one where Baron and Steve were both complaining to the refs, faking a defensive stance and Paul drove between the two of the them and earned an and one. A complete lack of teamwork. Monta pouted when he came out of the game in the first. Baron and Stephen spent the energy they should have playind D arguing with the refs and showing the kind of leadership that reflect's their captain status. When we play poorly, we look like a really bad team. The thing that most bothered me tonight was the lack of communication and cohesiveness that is what makes us dangerous in the first place. I'm sure I'm overreacting, but being there made certain problems more heinous.

New Orleans has a good team, and is built for future success. Paul, Chandler and West are all excellent players surrounded by suitable role players. Games like this make me angry because our own team's shortcomings are made much more obvious.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart

Return to Golden State Warriors