YES
81%
NO
19%

Total votes: 80

Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Re: Is Moses Moody an NBA caliber player? 

Post#41 » by Big J » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:10 pm

floppymoose wrote:If getting jerked around by your coach is a problem, then you arent a good nba player.

Agreed, truly great guys are obvious, and pretty much force the coach to give them minutes with their play.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,714

Post#42 » by Warriorfan » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:33 pm

He played in the playoffs.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#43 » by watch1958 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:17 am

Warriorfan wrote:He played in the playoffs.
He played well in the playoffs.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#44 » by and1GS » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:50 am

Big J wrote:
floppymoose wrote:If getting jerked around by your coach is a problem, then you arent a good nba player.

Agreed, truly great guys are obvious, and pretty much force the coach to give them minutes with their play.

I could not disagree with this more. There are loads of bad situation/good talent stories in the past couple decades. The one that comes to mind for me is always Jermaine O'Neal. Jerked around for his full rookie deal in Portland then went on an absolute tear in Indiana. There are less severe examples too like Sabonis, who was told to stand around and take 3s on an OKC team desperately trying to make a playoff push after KD's departure. Kinda like our year-long desperate, 0 margin of error playoff push.

A coach disinterested in player development--unless you're already a jump-off-the-page talent, like Kuminga--can really **** up someone's early career trajectory. Great players find a way to make it work, but you also see good players make it work after a change of scenery.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#45 » by wco81 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:15 am

You would hope the assistant coaches are working with Moody (and Kuminga) all the time.

They would tell him he has to be ready even if he's not been getting consistent minutes.

They should have a regimen for lifting, fitness, shooting and ball handling drills, going through videos to study players that he'd be defending or be defended by.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,150

Post#46 » by The-Power » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:39 am

Upperclass wrote:
Upperclass wrote:Moody is at his ceiling talentwise. He'll learn the game and know when to pick his spots but he likely won't be able to do much beyond spot up and slightly harass bigger wings on the perimeter. Much better players they could've taken at that spot

viewtopic.php?p=94040366#p94040366

Upperclass wrote:Watching Satoransky of Was, struggling to turn the corner.. and having to score on incredibly difficult shots.. There's no way I could be comfortable taking Doncic over Ayton, Bagley or Jaren Jackson Jr. He seems like a fun player to coach though, a would love to have him on my squad.. but not over talent with superior athleticism and translatable skills. I think he's in the Porter, Young, Sexton category from 4-7. His ceiling is about equal to his floor.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=63653405#p63653405

Sooo... there's hope?
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,766

Post#47 » by azwfan » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:48 am

The-Power wrote:
Upperclass wrote:
Upperclass wrote:Moody is at his ceiling talentwise. He'll learn the game and know when to pick his spots but he likely won't be able to do much beyond spot up and slightly harass bigger wings on the perimeter. Much better players they could've taken at that spot

viewtopic.php?p=94040366#p94040366

Upperclass wrote:Watching Satoransky of Was, struggling to turn the corner.. and having to score on incredibly difficult shots.. There's no way I could be comfortable taking Doncic over Ayton, Bagley or Jaren Jackson Jr. He seems like a fun player to coach though, a would love to have him on my squad.. but not over talent with superior athleticism and translatable skills. I think he's in the Porter, Young, Sexton category from 4-7. His ceiling is about equal to his floor.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=63653405#p63653405

Sooo... there's hope?

LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#48 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:55 am

Lets say Moody has played 3 seasons counting last year’s playoffs as a separate season.
Per 36 minutes stats say the playoffs was Moody’s best season. Last year’s regular season was his 2nd best season and this year is his worst season. He is supposed to be getting better, not getting worse.

The 2 categories that Moody improved at this year are 2 point shooting percentage and assists.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,932

Post#49 » by Hoopstar23 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:19 am

Moody needs to go back to the Summer League this summer
wco81
RealGM

Post#50 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:48 am

Looks like Moody's confidence is shattered. He keeps missing shots, probably pressing because he doesn't know when he'll get playing time again.

Now maybe there's something we don't know about the offseason, maybe he didn't do the things the team wanted him to do.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#51 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:48 pm

I think it’s as simple as his feet are so slow he can’t guard anyone. Kerr can’t play him.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Big J
General Manager

Post#52 » by Big J » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:27 pm

It has nothing to do with minutes, because plenty of guys are able to thrive even with limited minutes.
wco81
RealGM

Post#53 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:30 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I think it’s as simple as his feet are so slow he can’t guard anyone. Kerr can’t play him.

Funny, all the people who were touting him before the draft.

If it's that obvious, how did he even get drafted where he was?
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#54 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:42 am

He looked somewhat quick on his college tape, I dunno what happened. I guess old age set in.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,842

Post#55 » by Skybox » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:47 am

Send him to ORL…you guys have no time to waste wondering while your 3 kings age out.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#56 » by Money_ » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:23 am

What I see with Moody and JK to a lesser extent is that they are both still struggling to find their rhythm within this offense.
I can see both of them holding back, going against instincts, sometimes for the better, but a lot of times resulting in over passing or turnovers. This is coaching, and playing time...confidence and time in general. I can see both of them growing into great nba players with JK having the most potential. Moody's always had sort of Trevor Ariza potential to me.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#57 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:25 am

Skybox wrote:Send him to ORL…you guys have no time to waste wondering while your 3 kings age out.
should have happened bore the trade deadline. You take his contract and give us a 2nd round draft ppick and I would do the trade this summer.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#58 » by EvanZ » Wed Mar 1, 2023 7:45 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:He looked somewhat quick on his college tape, I dunno what happened. I guess old age set in.

He was never really quick but I did say someone told me he had knee issues. Someone around here even has it in their footer. :lol:

I think the real problem is his shooting just isn't that good at all. He's now averaging 35% over two seasons on pretty decent volume. In reality if he's not an elite defender or creator or passer, he'd need to be a 40% shooter. I have some ounce of hope left since he wasn't dumped at the deadline, but realistically i could see him being moved this summer. When the Warriors move off young guys they tend to be right.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Big J
General Manager

Post#59 » by Big J » Wed Mar 1, 2023 8:10 pm

EvanZ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:He looked somewhat quick on his college tape, I dunno what happened. I guess old age set in.

He was never really quick but I did say someone told me he had knee issues. Someone around here even has it in their footer. :lol:

I think the real problem is his shooting just isn't that good at all. He's now averaging 35% over two seasons on pretty decent volume. In reality if he's not an elite defender or creator or passer, he'd need to be a 40% shooter. I have some ounce of hope left since he wasn't dumped at the deadline, but realistically i could see him being moved this summer. When the Warriors move off young guys they tend to be right.

Yea, I still think he could be a Jae Crowder/PJ Tucker type, but dudes suggesting that he should be starting over Klay at the beginning of the season look laughable now. :lol:
wco81
RealGM

Post#60 » by wco81 » Wed Mar 1, 2023 8:18 pm

What would they get in return for him?

He hasn't shown enough tape to have value unless some other team had him evaluated high before his draft class.

Even then they will low-ball.

Return to Golden State Warriors