ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors in Indy.. 1/16 East Coast Bia 4:00pm!!FSN

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#441 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:39 pm

Souvlaki wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's gotta be about the dumbest thing I've seen posted here in awhile. The problem is not that the bench is getting too many minutes, it's that the starters are playing too many minutes when we have a large lead. By the time the lead is slipping away late in the fourth, Baron and the other starters are gassed. That's a bad rotation and one that relies too heavily on the starters.

Yep...the key problem is Nelson's theme of riding the players when they go on offensive streaks...waring them out early and then Baron and Jackson having NOTHING in the take. Nelson is AFRAID of subbing prematurely....But he's blowing it.

Baron and the rest should have regular minutes regardless of the momentum in the first half. You don't lose or win games in the first half and he should fricken know that.

And to compound that..a smaller team puts out way more energy around the glass than a bigger team....
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#442 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:45 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You don't lose or win games in the first half and he should fricken know that.

What? You mean to tell me this whole time they havnt been giving points for baskets in the 1st half? F**k Stern and his NBA!!..Ive been tunning in at 7:40 for 30 years when I could of just turned on the TV at 8:50?...I may sue for back PG&E bills.
MightyReds2020
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#443 » by MightyReds2020 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Ok, this game does it for me...

PLAY BRANDAN AND MARCO!

REST BARON MORE!

and most importantly, SET A CONSISTENT ROTATIONS!

C'mon Nellie...

:evil:
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#444 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:15 pm

LF75 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What? You mean to tell me this whole time they havnt been giving points for baskets in the 1st half? F**k Stern and his NBA!!..Ive been tunning in at 7:40 for 30 years when I could of just turned on the TV at 8:50?...I may sue for back PG&E bills.

Hardi hardi har har....

The point is that milking everything out of the starting 5 just so we go in with a lead at half time at the cost of them having NOTHING left with 5 minutes to go....that's poor coaching.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,843

Post#445 » by floppymoose » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:16 pm

I thought Nellie should have started the best 5 in the fourth quarter in the Pacer game, and try to expand the lead. THEN put in the scrubs at garbage time. Instead he put them in early and created crunch time.

But it is situational. If you have a big lead on the road, I like to go with the starters and try to put it away. If you are in a tight game, I agree with resting Baron etc at the start of the 4th (and end of the third).

I can't back any of this up though - it's just my pet theory.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#446 » by mistatwo mayn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:13 am

floppymoose wrote:I thought Nellie should have started the best 5 in the fourth quarter in the Pacer game, and try to expand the lead. THEN put in the scrubs at garbage time. Instead he put them in early and created crunch time.

But it is situational. If you have a big lead on the road, I like to go with the starters and try to put it away. If you are in a tight game, I agree with resting Baron etc at the start of the 4th (and end of the third).

I can't back any of this up though - it's just my pet theory.

he has been doin that , however, then you hav folks say baron & co need rest
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#447 » by -bob- » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:35 am

we would have won easily if they left J.O. in the game, we made him look like playoff Dirk in that 1stQ, I don't know what happened with J.O. but their coach was smart not putting him back in.

Return to Golden State Warriors