ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 83 (9-10 play-in) Tuesday April 16 vs. Sacramento Kings

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Re: Game 83 (9-10 play-in) Tuesday April 16 vs. Sacramento Kings 

Post#481 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:02 am

I think we'd have been a much better team with poole than klay.
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,897

Post#482 » by powerball1373 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:02 am

cladden wrote:
powerball1373 wrote:
cladden wrote:
Maybe. But I can understand how working with people you've worked with for a decade is. The thing is that we basically have nothing of huge value at this point. Kuminga, Moody, Podz and Trayce are all fine young dudes and Kuminga has a little bit of star potential. Curry could maybe fetch a little bit in the right scenario but who's to say he'd be excited about making a run elsewhere? He has nothing to prove. We own no one else's picks. We basically need to tank but I don't think it would have been fair to the fanbase, the players, the league or anyone else to have done that this year even though it was equally true at the start of this season.
Letting the young guys play more might have won us a few more or a few less games or just the same. Either way I don't think that would matter that much. We can't reasonably be expected to make this core even a team that you'd expect to have home court in the first round without some major free agent signing and I imagine that would require us to have Curry off the books first. Sometimes you just have to let certain events play out even if they're not exactly optimal from a future perspective sense. I don't expect any of these players to be on the team the next time the Warriors make the conference finals.

Curry off the books? FOH lol 'fans' like you don't deserve Steph. You think any 'major free agent' is signing once he's gone? :lol:

I think you misunderstood what I meant by it. I'm a huge Steph fan. He's my favorite player of all time (like every other Warriors fan). My point was just that we can't reasonably build anything around him in the 2 that he's under contract. We don't have any assets that would fetch us enough or ability to get under the cap in that timeframe. I honestly hope that Steph just tells us that he'd rather just play out these two years and retire rather than go somewhere else and chase another ring but if he does we'd have to acquiesce.

Ok my bad, you're right I misunderstood. I do think they can still build something around him though. Like others have said, it would involve trading JK and getting lucky in free agency.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,110

Post#483 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:03 am

Onus wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Onus wrote:Trade jk

One of the only bright spots on the team...what player making $7,636,307 are you trading him for that makes the team better?

I’d take a draft pick in this **** draft for jk. Jk was not a bright spot at all to me. Jk is a unique player but none of that uniqueness leads to some type of favorable matchup for us. Usually it’s just building around a completely flawed player. His defense sucks. His rebounding sucks. His shooting sucks. The only thing he does well is finish if he doesn’t lose the ball going up. He also runs in a straight line really fast. But in general he sucks as a basketball player.

JK absolutely raised his value this year, he was just an athlete before. He's found a solid niche for himself on offense. A lot of teams could use that.. but Id think contending teams would be more interested than young, developing teams. People keep saying star potential and upside, but its really just quickness. The 3pt shot and handle are really concerning, and the defense/rebounding come and go. Odds are, his trade value never peaks more in his career

So unless the team has a plan for him being this niche player going forward, or he's somehow shown in practice that he can be a cornerstone.. pull the trigger. Get the value while you can and start stockpiling for the next run

I'd be saying the same about Moody too if the Warriors hadnt depleted his value. But if he were in the same boat as JK, where it was time to pay him and we dont have a #1 or even #2 for the future on the team.. deal him too. Just want some big picture logic.. most teams arent afforded that luxury because GMs get replaced so quick. But this team has built up enough goodwill that they could actually do this the most judicious way
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#484 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:04 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I think we'd have been a much better team with poole than klay.

Woulda been easier to bench, at least
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#485 » by watch1958 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:04 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:Glad its over tbh

Time to talk about the biggest elephant in the room... what we do with JK. Because how that's handled will determine the vision of this franchise. A moderate extension or selling high would be ideal. But if JK's agent is worth a damn, he's pushing for the biggest extension possible - Warriors or not

I think we'll have 2 options:

A
Extend klay and jk, and trade Wiggins and moody

Steph, klay, jk, dray, tjd

I dont think kerr nor mcd want jk as sf without klay.

B
Trade jk and let cp3 and klay walk.

Steph, moody, wiggins, dray, tjd

Might be our best defensive group, but not really something kerr wants

A is the most likely scenario.
“But that trick never works!”

“This time for sure!”
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#486 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:04 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I think we'd have been a much better team with poole than klay.

No they both suck. The system has always been to have a two way guard to cover for Curry. Podz is not that guy, but he filled in the regular season.

Kerr left to his own devices is a moron.
wraith985
Sixth Man
And1: 1,168

Post#487 » by wraith985 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:04 am

Is it blasphemy to say that maybe Jordan Poole was right all along? Yeah he sulked last year after getting punched, but the two-plus years of Klay/Kerr basketball terrorism are kind of hard to argue with.

edit: i see i am not the first person that this thought occurred to
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,392

Post#488 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:05 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Onus wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
One of the only bright spots on the team...what player making $7,636,307 are you trading him for that makes the team better?

I’d take a draft pick in this **** draft for jk. Jk was not a bright spot at all to me. Jk is a unique player but none of that uniqueness leads to some type of favorable matchup for us. Usually it’s just building around a completely flawed player. His defense sucks. His rebounding sucks. His shooting sucks. The only thing he does well is finish if he doesn’t lose the ball going up. He also runs in a straight line really fast. But in general he sucks as a basketball player.

LOL, the top of this draft sucks balls. I'm hoping the pick conveys.

I get it, I know you hate JK.

I know. That’s how much I don’t like jk. Hopefully the pick conveys. Hopefully we trade jk.

I don’t hate jk, he’s just not good. How can you win in the modern nba with a wing that doesn’t defend, can’t shoot or rebound
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#489 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:05 am

Only way to retool is to dangle jk, podz, and cp3 salary to match for a sg that can defend some.

D. Murray would have been perfect.
powerball1373
Sixth Man

Post#490 » by powerball1373 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:05 am

Warriors should just bring in LeBron and Bronny. If anything, it'll be entertaining! (and lots of free throws)
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#491 » by killmongrel » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:06 am

Onus wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:I'm not klays biggest fan this year, but this is tough to watch. I'm feeling bad for him.

I don't. If he played well, he'd be at the press conference making paper airplanes and still believing he deserves a max contract.

It’s laughable that his agent put out that the Magic will offer him a huge contract before the playoffs again

I freaking hope that they do because I won't lose any sleep if Klay isn't on this team next year.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#492 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:06 am

wraith985 wrote:Is it blasphemy to say that maybe Jordan Poole was right all along? Yeah he sulked last year after getting punched, but the two-plus years of Klay/Kerr basketball terrorism are kind of hard to argue with.

Not at all, I was thinking this several times this year. I mean its not like it would have changed much, and as far as players on-court value its the literal definition of a rock fight, but Poole had done a lot to earn the role. And its not like Klay played his way into the starting lineup, it was gifted

So.. yes Poole might have been right, but its like one criminal pointing out another criminal
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,299

Post#493 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:07 am

cladden wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Kerr has never been the coach to win one game. He needs a 7-game series. Ain’t gonna happen this year.

If Kerr was actually rated based on his coaching for this specific season, he would be in China next year.

Newsflash. This team wasn't gonna that many games. We are not good.

This team was never going to be a top contender, but they were much much better than the trash excuse of coaching from Kerr this season.
powerball1373
Sixth Man

Post#494 » by powerball1373 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:08 am

wraith985 wrote:Is it blasphemy to say that maybe Jordan Poole was right all along? Yeah he sulked last year after getting punched, but the two-plus years of Klay/Kerr basketball terrorism are kind of hard to argue with.

Did you see the **** of a season he just had in Washington? Constant shaqtin moments. Guy is just super unserious.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,110

Post#495 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:08 am

Onus wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Onus wrote:I’d take a draft pick in this **** draft for jk. Jk was not a bright spot at all to me. Jk is a unique player but none of that uniqueness leads to some type of favorable matchup for us. Usually it’s just building around a completely flawed player. His defense sucks. His rebounding sucks. His shooting sucks. The only thing he does well is finish if he doesn’t lose the ball going up. He also runs in a straight line really fast. But in general he sucks as a basketball player.

I know. That’s how much I don’t like jk. Hopefully the pick conveys. Hopefully we trade jk.

I don’t hate jk, he’s just not good. How can you win in the modern nba with a wing that doesn’t defend, can’t shoot or rebound

I do think you are a JK hater and only see what you want to see. But that's cool, every fan has players like that.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,402

Post#496 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:08 am

Onus wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Onus wrote:I’d take a draft pick in this **** draft for jk. Jk was not a bright spot at all to me. Jk is a unique player but none of that uniqueness leads to some type of favorable matchup for us. Usually it’s just building around a completely flawed player. His defense sucks. His rebounding sucks. His shooting sucks. The only thing he does well is finish if he doesn’t lose the ball going up. He also runs in a straight line really fast. But in general he sucks as a basketball player.

Maybe he shouldn’t be played against fives. He has always abused smaller players, but Kerr does the opposite to what is right which is stupid.

Kerr rather go small, so he’s asked to be play out of position. Give JK to a competent coach and you will regret it.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,299

Post#497 » by Impuniti » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:09 am

Right about what? JP should have never been benched by Klay when he came back. He should have had his minutes significantly reduced in the playoffs due to his defense, but he shouldn't have been benched unless Klay earned that spot. Has to be some of the most pathetic favoritism I've ever seen in professional sports by Kerr, but Steph did his management job when he himself volunteered to come off the bench from his injury vs the Nuggets.

Was a big enough band-aid to last 2 months in a gun shot wound.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#498 » by watch1958 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:09 am

What Klay never realized was that his ability to get a big contract was primarily dependent on the team’s performance, not his.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,110

Post#499 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:09 am

powerball1373 wrote:

Did you see the **** of a season he just had in Washington? Constant shaqtin moments. Guy is just super unserious.

Poole actually finished the season on a high note.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#500 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:09 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Onus wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

JK has talent. Magically give Jk andre Iguodala’s game in addition to JK’s game and you would have a great player.

Our team is going down. Enjoy JK because he is our biggest bright spot even though he is flawed. Curry is coming up flat in first quarters. This is the beginning of the end for Curry. I have seen many stars get old. 1980s Celtics were my home team but their dynasty core got old. This is not my first rodeo but I am old so when the Warriors win their next championship 20 years from now I will be dead.

There is no path from where we are now to a championship 5 years from now.

Return to Golden State Warriors