YES
81%
NO
19%

Total votes: 80

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Re: Is Moses Moody an NBA caliber player? 

Post#61 » by EvanZ » Wed Mar 1, 2023 9:02 pm

wco81 wrote:What would they get in return for him?

He hasn't shown enough tape to have value unless some other team had him evaluated high before his draft class.

Even then they will low-ball.

Honestly, I think they just dump his salary. With the luxury tax his $4M or wahtever next year probably costs them over $20M.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#62 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Mar 1, 2023 10:14 pm

He hasn't shown enough tape to have value unless some other team had him evaluated high before his draft class.

Top-59 protected 2nd round pick
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#63 » by and1GS » Thu Mar 2, 2023 8:30 pm

EvanZ wrote:

Honestly, I think they just dump his salary. With the luxury tax his $4M or wahtever next year probably costs them over $20M.

This is most likely, and it really is a shame.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#64 » by EvanZ » Thu Mar 2, 2023 9:42 pm

BTW you are the one who has me quoted with the PRP injections! LMAO maybe it was true after all
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,697

Post#65 » by DAWill1128 » Thu Mar 2, 2023 10:19 pm

EvanZ
RealGM

Post#66 » by EvanZ » Sun Mar 5, 2023 12:18 am

-24 today :(

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#67 » by watch1958 » Sun Mar 5, 2023 12:19 am

Moody back to Santa Cruz, likely just for a game.

I am, again, puzzled. Since he isn’t good enough to crack the rotation, Santa Cruz makes sense.

But why the hesitation and delay sending him? He could have played another half dozen games there this season without the Warriors noticing he was gone.

If there’s value to this move, wasn’t there value to it 3 or 4 weeks ago?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#68 » by EvanZ » Sun Mar 5, 2023 12:45 am

The game today was at Chase Center. Probably an incentive for fans to attend as well as convenience for Moody.

Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Post#69 » by Big J » Sun Mar 5, 2023 1:48 am

Santa Cruz did Poole wonders. Maybe it can work on Moody.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#70 » by watch1958 » Sun Mar 5, 2023 2:15 am

Big J wrote:Santa Cruz did Poole wonders. Maybe it can work on Moody.
I think Evan is right, they are just tossing him a treat.

If they intend to keep him, I think they will keep him in deep freeze until they can sign him to a cheap extension.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Post#71 » by Big J » Sun Mar 5, 2023 2:29 am

watch1958 wrote:

If they intend to keep him, I think they will keep him in deep freeze until they can sign him to a cheap extension.

A cheap extension is next level thinking.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#72 » by watch1958 » Sun Mar 5, 2023 3:32 am

Big J wrote:
watch1958 wrote:

A cheap extension is next level thinking.

Kerr recently discussed Moody, and referenced that it took Kevon 4 years.

And when I think about Kevon, my first thought is “team friendly contract”.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,315

Post#73 » by DonaldSanders » Sun Mar 5, 2023 7:00 am

watch1958 wrote:Moody back to Santa Cruz, likely just for a game.

I am, again, puzzled. Since he isn’t good enough to crack the rotation, Santa Cruz makes sense.

But why the hesitation and delay sending him? He could have played another half dozen games there this season without the Warriors noticing he was gone.

If there’s value to this move, wasn’t there value to it 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Well, Steph is back. We were a bit shorthanded for awhile, so there was a legit need for him to be available in case anyone got injured.

I think Moody will figure it out at some point, has the basic tools and I think Steve's comparison to Kevon will likely ring true. Maybe he won't end up being Looney quality for us, but I always saw his ceiling as a smart/solid bench player and I think he'll eventually get there.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#74 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Mar 5, 2023 7:49 am

I think playing aganst inferior players in G-leage is good for helping a player to develop what he is good at.
One year of college is not enough time dominating inferior players.

Is Moody eligible for G-leage next year. Who has more potential Moody or Rollins? By combine scores Rolins is the fastest Warrior.
We had to play Box and 1 against Norman Powell because no Warrior can stay in front of Norman Powell. If Rollins could stay in front of Norman Powell that might put Rollins above Moody in next year’s training camp.

Moody played 4 G-league games last year and 2 G-league games this year. He had better stats last year.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#75 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Mar 7, 2023 6:40 pm

What does Moody do well?

You can justify letting a young guy hang around for a few years because of potential but right now Lamb and Jerome are better than Moody. If Moody was older and more experienced you would cut him for not being better than he is. He has to play better next year or he will not be resigned.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,165

Post#76 » by TB » Tue Mar 7, 2023 9:43 pm

We should not give up on Moody. He's 20 years old... we knew this was the path going JK/Moody over Franz/Trey... why draft the teenagers only to not let them develop?

This year hasn't been what we wanted, but I still think he can be a D Lee level player next year as a 21 year old. And from there the confidence will come and he can become a starter level player.

To me, JoKu and Moody are not like the Wiseman situation. They both project to be very useful players within our system or in a more traditional post Steph system.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#77 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 10:05 pm

Well, Moody was actually taken as the high IQ, does the little things, previously an effective “connector” amongst stars in college and AAU.

He was supposed to be readily adaptable to a complex system. Something else is going on with him that none of us have figured out and Kerr hasn’t articulated.

The early season struggles caused something of a panic here and cut the development project off at the knees, but to no real positive effect.

There’s a strong argument that playing Moody and JK more would have resulted in the same record, but more individual development for them and higher asset values coming into the summer. If we were safely out of the play-in game it would be understandable but to be .500 and not have played these guys more in what we’re ultimately losses anyway seems like a lot of missed opportunity.

There is some leaking/speculation making the podcast rounds that Steph was the one who pulled the plug on developing youngsters. If that’s the case, it’s his prerogative to flex, but in a meritocratic universe he would have also checked Klay’s dumpster fire shot selection. The players only meeting in the winter was likely about these issues.

Vet leadership has been weak this year. The “core” had the benefit of supportive and sacrificing vets in their youth but are being pretty much the opposite now that they are the grey beards.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#78 » by EvanZ » Tue Mar 7, 2023 10:17 pm

I was the biggest Moody supporter in the room having him at 5 on my draft board (1 slot ahead of Franz who I also loved), but he hasn’t shown enough to even make it worth putting up a defense for him. He’s a significantly worse athlete than I realized and his shooting just isn’t elite enough to make it worth putting him on the court. Right now he’s be struggling to get minutes on any non-tanking team in the league, let alone a team trying to repeat. It is what it is. Maybe a summer of getting in the gym and building up his body will enable him to compete next season. Can’t win em all.

EvanZ
RealGM

Post#79 » by EvanZ » Tue Mar 7, 2023 10:52 pm

Also I think people have this development thing all wrong. They act as if development means turning non-NBA players into NBA players. I’m reality if you don’t have a single NBA caliber skill you’re just not going to see the court. What “development” really means is that you’re developing other areas of your game. Kuminga is a good enough point of attack defender and finisher that makes him playable now. He needs to develop other areas of his game like shooting and ball handling. Moody basically has nothing to make him NBA caliber right now. You can’t really afford to spend resources “developing” a guy like that in the NBA.

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#80 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 11:07 pm

EvanZ wrote:I was the biggest Moody supporter in the room having him at 5 on my draft board (1 slot ahead of Franz who I also loved), but he hasn’t shown enough to even make it worth putting up a defense for him. He’s a significantly worse athlete than I realized and his shooting just isn’t elite enough to make it worth putting him on the court. Right now he’s be struggling to get minutes on any non-tanking team in the league, let alone a team trying to repeat. It is what it is. Maybe a summer of getting in the gym and building up his body will enable him to compete next season. Can’t win em all.

I'd buy most of that...I'd been biting my tongue on invoking Jacob Evans comparisons, but then when he goes down to D League he goes nuclear on a regular basis. So it's some body stuff, but there's something else going on with him at the NBA level because his body is seemingly capable of dominating the other guys who are trying to get up here.

But yes. Some picks just won't pan out as we have seen, but I can't help but think he could have played just a couple of the minutes that went to effing Klay when he was caving in the front of the rim for 2 months.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?

Return to Golden State Warriors