ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,461

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#81 » by whocurrz » Sun Aug 1, 2021 4:49 am

HiRez wrote:Would either side do this trade?

Thunder in
C James Wiseman
G Jordan Poole
G Mychal Mulder
F Jonathan Kuminga
+ maybe future FRP if necessary...because it's OKC...

Warriors in
PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
F/C Derrick Favors

Steph, Klay, SGA, Moody would be the most loaded backcourt of all time and make for some insane small ball lineups.

I doubt OKC would and don’t know if if works cap-wise but of course I do that trade if Lacob is down to pay for it. We’d be immediate favorites alongside Brooklyn. SGA is a 23 year old beast with good size, efficient scoring and playmaking ability. Favors is way better than Wiseman also.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#82 » by Coxy » Sun Aug 1, 2021 6:36 am

You guys are nuts, I wouldn't touch that deal for the Warriors. SGA is good but that is crazy.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#83 » by FNQ » Sun Aug 1, 2021 7:38 am

whocurrz wrote:

Thunder in
C James Wiseman
G Jordan Poole
G Mychal Mulder
F Jonathan Kuminga

Warriors in
F/C Derrick Favors

Steph, Klay, SGA, Moody would be the most loaded backcourt of all time and make for some insane small ball lineups.

I doubt OKC would and don’t know if if works cap-wise but of course I do that trade if Lacob is down to pay for it. We’d be immediate favorites alongside Brooklyn. SGA is a 23 year old beast with good size, efficient scoring and playmaking ability. Favors is way better than Wiseman also.

OKC would never and we'd trip over ourselves to get it done... SGA isn't good. He's a star. And he'd fit in perfectly here.. he's got the wingspan to be a SF if we really needed it (6'11").

He'd start at SG until Klay was ready, and then when Klay was ready, you move Wiggins into the 6th man role that gets 24 min a night. Favors would be the backup C, great at that too, so the only issue is a depth one:

Curry (34) / SGA (14) / Nico
Klay (32) / Moody (12) / SGA (4) / Lee
SGA (16) / Wiggins (24) / Moody (8) / Lee
Draymond (32) / JTA (16) / Paschall
Favors (18) / Looney (18) / *Chriss (12)

That would be an amazing end-game for us. But again... OKC is not dealing SGA for this. Kuminga would have to blow up for this to be even a midseason consideration, and when I say blowup, I mean franchise-talent level blowing up
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#84 » by watch1958 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 9:41 am

Looks like Nets are doing S&T sending Dinwiddie to Washington for Kuzma or Harrel. Too bad we didn’t do that Oubre for Dinwiddie deal at the deadline.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Arlo
Junior
And1: 193

Post#85 » by Arlo » Sun Aug 1, 2021 9:48 am

I've been watching the 'lympics, and gotta say this Doncic kid from Slovenia looks interesting.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#86 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Aug 1, 2021 1:54 pm

azwfan wrote:All in all though, if OKC thought super highly of Kuminga

They could get him at #6 if they were super high on him. Obviously they are not.

watch1958 wrote:Looks like Nets are doing S&T sending Dinwiddie to Washington for Kuzma or Harrel. Too bad we didn’t do that Oubre for Dinwiddie deal at the deadline.

If the offer was real, I have no idea what Bob was thinking.
Just getting rid of Oubre was a plus, getting Dinwiddie bird rights would have been even better.
The deal made sense for the Nets because they needed someone who could play while Dinwiddie was injured and it made sense for us because Oubre was a negative. :banghead:
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#87 » by hamncheese » Sun Aug 1, 2021 2:16 pm

Needing someone who could play was the reason for keeping Oubre as well. Warriors were trying for the playoffs and Oubre wasn't hurt at that time. And no guarantee they would be able to resign Dinwiddie. Making the trade would've been better in hindsight, but the reason for not is reasonable.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,766

Post#88 » by azwfan » Sun Aug 1, 2021 2:39 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:

They could get him at #6 if they were super high on him. Obviously they are not.

watch1958 wrote:Looks like Nets are doing S&T sending Dinwiddie to Washington for Kuzma or Harrel. Too bad we didn’t do that Oubre for Dinwiddie deal at the deadline.

Just getting rid of Oubre was a plus, getting Dinwiddie bird rights would have been even better.
The deal made sense for the Nets because they needed someone who could play while Dinwiddie was injured and it made sense for us because Oubre was a negative. :banghead:

Um, thats what I said. You stopped reading and quoted too early, lol.

Re: Kuzma/Harrell - dont think ownership wants to spend the money. Think we’ve reached our budget. That would explain Bob not doing anything with Kuzma, and not using the disabled player exception last season.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#89 » by watch1958 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 3:03 pm

Bob said they weren’t interested in someone who couldn’t play, because of the playoff push. Fair enough. My objection was that even if healthy, I didn’t think KO would help.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,027

Post#90 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 4:02 pm

Don't know how real that deal would be or what other assets would have been needed.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#91 » by watch1958 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 4:31 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

Don't know how real that deal would be or what other assets would have been needed.
Nothing else specified at the time. There was an article a few weeks later about the Nets trying to move Spencer (in general, not to the Warriors specifically) which said they wanted a rotation player & a 2nd.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,111

Post#92 » by whatisacenter » Sun Aug 1, 2021 6:27 pm

The heat just picked up dragic’s 19mil option. They were rumored to be interested in Oubre, possible S&T?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#93 » by Mob Byers » Sun Aug 1, 2021 6:36 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:

Offer was real but not as reported by Marc Stein (which was that WE declined bc we still wanted to make the playoffs and would rather have Oubre than a player out for the year).

Read on Twitter

Which makes more sense imo bc Oubre sucks
Mob Byers
Rookie

Post#94 » by Mob Byers » Sun Aug 1, 2021 6:38 pm

whatisacenter wrote:The heat just picked up dragic’s 19mil option. They were rumored to be interested in Oubre, possible S&T?

I doubt FO/ownership wants to pay $94 million dollars or whatever the penalty is for Dragic after they just coughed up $80 million for Oubre.

He’s he like what? 20 minutes max in our rotation? I think that’s a pass.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,027

Post#95 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 6:47 pm

It would be nice to have the option to overpay Dinwiddie.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,766

Post#96 » by azwfan » Sun Aug 1, 2021 8:17 pm

Mob Byers wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:The heat just picked up dragic’s 19mil option. They were rumored to be interested in Oubre, possible S&T?

I doubt FO/ownership wants to pay $94 million dollars or whatever the penalty is for Dragic after they just coughed up $80 million for Oubre.

If you remember, they didn't actually pay all that for Oubre. That was the calculation with the tax, but remember the actual tax bill was going to be adjusted based on the NBA basketball revenue. So if the NBA had 50% of the revenue, the luxury tax would be 50% of the calculated total.

So if the LT bill was $66M and the NBA revenue was only 50%... their bill was $33M for Oubre... plus the $14M salary = $47M for Oubre. Still a lot of coin, but not $80M.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Mob Byers
Rookie

Post#97 » by Mob Byers » Sun Aug 1, 2021 8:22 pm

azwfan wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:

If you remember, they didn't actually pay all that for Oubre. That was the calculation with the tax, but remember the actual tax bill was going to be adjusted based on the NBA basketball revenue. So if the NBA had 50% of the revenue, the luxury tax would be 50% of the calculated total.

So if the LT bill was $66M and the NBA revenue was only 50%... their bill was $33M for Oubre... plus the $14M salary = $47M for Oubre. Still a lot of coin, but not $80M.

Shoot I didn’t even know how that worked, just parroting what I heard on the radio at some point.

Definitely not as bad as $80 mil, thanks for clearing that up
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#98 » by killacalijatt » Mon Aug 2, 2021 8:14 pm

I said it before but we should go hard after Brogdan given he is on the block.

He would be the perfect fit in our backcourt. He is smart, a big body, and would instantly provide us with much needed scoring.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#99 » by lars_rosenberg » Mon Aug 2, 2021 9:19 pm

killacalijatt wrote:I said it before but we should go hard after Brogdan given he is on the block.

He would be the perfect fit in our backcourt. He is smart, a big body, and would instantly provide us with much needed scoring.

Assuming you mean Brogdon, yes he's good, but would you play him off the bench?
Isn't he too expensive for a sixth man?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,278

Post#100 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 2, 2021 9:30 pm

FNQ wrote:
whocurrz wrote:

Thunder in
C James Wiseman
G Jordan Poole
G Mychal Mulder
F Jonathan Kuminga

Warriors in
F/C Derrick Favors

OKC would never and we'd trip over ourselves to get it done... SGA isn't good. He's a star. And he'd fit in perfectly here.. he's got the wingspan to be a SF if we really needed it (6'11").

He'd start at SG until Klay was ready, and then when Klay was ready, you move Wiggins into the 6th man role that gets 24 min a night. Favors would be the backup C, great at that too, so the only issue is a depth one:

Curry (34) / SGA (14) / Nico
Klay (32) / Moody (12) / SGA (4) / Lee
SGA (16) / Wiggins (24) / Moody (8) / Lee
Draymond (32) / JTA (16) / Paschall
Favors (18) / Looney (18) / *Chriss (12)

That would be an amazing end-game for us. But again... OKC is not dealing SGA for this. Kuminga would have to blow up for this to be even a midseason consideration, and when I say blowup, I mean franchise-talent level blowing up

if Kuminga blows up franchise level we shouldn't do this , as much as I like SGA...imagine having kuminga be a franchise guy on a rookie deal the next 5 years...helllllll no

Return to Golden State Warriors