ImageImageImageImageImage

Taking the pulse of Dubs fans: Who should be starting?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Gimme your four other starters:

Klay
9%
Draymond
22%
Wiggs
16%
Loon
7%
CP3
0%
Kuminga
20%
Moody
11%
Podz
6%
TJD
7%
Saric
2%

Total votes: 219

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Re: Taking the pulse of Dubs fans: Who should be starting? 

Post#81 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:36 pm

vvoland wrote:
superunknown wrote:
vvoland wrote:
If wigs keeps playing like he doesn't want to get traded, dray keeps his head, and jk continues to score, klay will look a lot better than he did earlier in the year when wigs couldn't shoot or rebound or defend, dray went insane and loon was starting over jk.

so basically he will look better because others bail him out.

No, he'll look better because he won't have to carry the slack for everyone else's (ex. steph) atrocious offense and most everyone else's (esp. steph) awful defense. With Dray back, Wigs looking better and JK taking big leaps, Klay's role, on both sides of the court normalizes.

He can't carry his own defense yet you think he's been carrying everyone else's this season?
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,110

Post#82 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:37 pm

TB wrote:Should be noted that Loon has only played 2 minutes with Dray since Dray has been back.

Obviously Dray has been dominant at center since his return (been one of the best centers in the league for a decade plus), but he's also had 11 great minutes with Trayce and a few good defensive stands with Loon.

With Dray, JK, Wiggins 3 point shots all trending positive... I wouldn't be against getting some larger lineups in with Loon alongside Dray. I know Kerr likes keeping things spaced for Kuminga to attack, but he has scored efficiently next to Loon or Trayce as well. Of course, we haven't ever seen Kuminga/Dray/Loon together... but I think there is no better time than when Dray/JK/Wiggins offense looks to be in a good place.

If JK/Wiggins/Dray trio remains a thing as it should, I'd think the smart move is to have them move as a unit, either as a 2/3/4 or 3/4/5. Which means they can play with Looney/Saric/TJD for stretches, as well as play with Podz/Moody/Klay for stretches too. At least until a move is made.. but theoretically, if those 3 can anchor the defense, options become plentiful. The lingering concern will be Kerr trying to shoehorn Klay into the final starter role, undeservedly
vvoland
Senior
And1: 116

Post#83 » by vvoland » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:44 pm

Impuniti wrote:
superunknown wrote:anything to justify klay on the court, even him defending PFs :lol:

It's insanity. The coach and a group of fans stumbling falling trying to justify Klay whose now a crappy player that starts purely on what he's done years ago. :crazy:

What's insane is "fans" of this team killing klay for putting up damian lillard shooting splits with better defense. Instead they want a rookie who's too short to play on-ball defense because he tries hard and moves the ball. After a decade plus of being a 20pt scorer, including last season and this month; after leading the league in 3's made on 40%+; 18 months after being a key cog in a championship team, the fan sentiment is "trade him for scraps cuz we have a 6'3 rookie than can pass the ball."

If Klay gave up a straight line drive to lebron w/ under 5 seconds left OR took an above the break 3 with 20 on the shotclock, less than a minute in the game AND a 2 pt LEAD, Klay would be getting murdered. If he did that in the same game? Some of you might actually assault the man (joke). But since it's everyone's favorite polish sausage, it's not even mentioned. Patrick MFing Beverly absolutely COOOOOOKED podz on multiple occasions last night, no reason to bring it up let's just trash Klay cuz he missed the game and we blew out a very banged up Philly team on the 2nd night of a B2B.

What would you say if Klay was shooting 60% from the line but kept taking the ball from 90% FT shooters to shoot technicals AND kept missing them. Wouldn't the discourse be around how selfish he is, his big ego, how he only cares about his stats, etc? Where's the hate towards Podz for doing this exact thing (AS A ROOKIE) until Steph/Klay had enough and told him after the last miss, you're not taking these again.

I actually like Podz. I don't think he's an NBA starting level guard but he may get there one day. I don't think there's any objective basketball fan that thinks Podz is a starting level guard RIGHT NOW. Like any rookie, Podz gets lost in rotations, helps off the wrong shooter and is slow to close out when he realizes his mistakes. Those things should improve with time. The biggest problem I see is he's too slow laterally to guard point guards and way too small to guard anyone else. When he closes out, he's often too short to bother the shot and outside of playing passing lanes (very good) and charges (best in the league?) his defense is porous. I don't see how it dramatically improves given his physical tools. Offensively, he's not a confident shooter, has no pull up, no mid range and is a spot up 3 or drive to the rim type of player. I can't even imagine the conversation if Klay kept trying that running hook on people significantly bigger than him and was shooting as poorly as Podz is.

P.S. from 10-20 ft Podz is shooting 17%; Klay's at 47%.
vvoland
Senior

Post#84 » by vvoland » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:49 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
vvoland wrote:
superunknown wrote:

No, he'll look better because he won't have to carry the slack for everyone else's (ex. steph) atrocious offense and most everyone else's (esp. steph) awful defense. With Dray back, Wigs looking better and JK taking big leaps, Klay's role, on both sides of the court normalizes.

He can't carry his own defense yet you think he's been carrying everyone else's this season?

That's basically my point. With Dray out, Moody, GP2, and CP3 hurt and Wigs clearly putting in no effort on either end of the court until like 2 weeks ago made Klay the 2nd (and often, last) offensive option and the best, or 2nd best, perimeter defender. That is a workload a 26yr old Klay would relish. At 34, I don't think he's capable. With Dray back, Klay's shots will be much easier and more in the offensive flow. With Wigs, Dray and JK all playing high-level defense, Klay can guard the 4th option on the other team while being the 2nd/3rd option (2nd when Curry sits, 3rd when Curry/JK play w/ him) on offense. That should be Klay's role but the struggles and injuries in the guard spots really increased Klay's burden on both sides of the court.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,299

Post#85 » by Impuniti » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:15 pm

vvoland wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
superunknown wrote:anything to justify klay on the court, even him defending PFs :lol:

It's insanity. The coach and a group of fans stumbling falling trying to justify Klay whose now a crappy player that starts purely on what he's done years ago. :crazy:

What's insane is "fans" of this team killing klay for putting up damian lillard shooting splits with better defense. Instead they want a rookie who's too short to play on-ball defense because he tries hard and moves the ball. After a decade plus of being a 20pt scorer, including last season and this month; after leading the league in 3's made on 40%+; 18 months after being a key cog in a championship team, the fan sentiment is "trade him for scraps cuz we have a 6'3 rookie than can pass the ball."

Really grabbing on to dear life with Dame analogy huh? :lol: Klay is shooting 1% above league average TS. HIs offense is atrocious. Klay is a 57% TS and Dame at 60% while averaging a lot more points and can still playmake. Saying that, Dame having his issues is a large reason why people are skeptical that Bucks can with the way he's playing.

You talk about 1 1/2 years ago Klay was one of the key cogs to win a championship. Yes, but in real life players fall off very quickly in their early to mid 30s. This happens all the time, as it's happened to Klay who likely is affected even more due to his injuries. Looney was also as important as Klay in that 22 run, and Looney is awful this season. He wouldn't even make a top 50 center this season with his embarrassing performances. Should we just wait it until Steph's 38, 39 and hope these guys get there?

If Klay gave up a straight line drive to lebron w/ under 5 seconds left OR took an above the break 3 with 20 on the shotclock, less than a minute in the game AND a 2 pt LEAD, Klay would be getting murdered. If he did that in the same game? Some of you might actually assault the man (joke). But since it's everyone's favorite polish sausage, it's not even mentioned. Patrick MFing Beverly absolutely COOOOOOKED podz on multiple occasions last night, no reason to bring it up let's just trash Klay cuz he missed the game and we blew out a very banged up Philly team on the 2nd night of a B2B.

The closing lineup that night was atrocious. Podz also is getting overrated, but I don't want him to be the regular starter for the Warriors. He's just a backup that should play less. In a previous post, I'm certain I said he should be on 10MPG. You keep mentioning Podz getting cooked like Klay hasn't been BBQ all year. He has. He is garbage defender. The amount that he misses on a game to game basis is astounding. All the time. The defense consistently scrambles trying to make up for his space cadet airhead plays or lack thereof. The issue is even worse since Steph has gotten so bad defensively, and an elite team can't cover two guys playing bad defense. Steph isn't getting traded, so option B should.

What would you say if Klay was shooting 60% from the line but kept taking the ball from 90% FT shooters to shoot technicals AND kept missing them. Wouldn't the discourse be around how selfish he is, his big ego, how he only cares about his stats, etc? Where's the hate towards Podz for doing this exact thing (AS A ROOKIE) until Steph/Klay had enough and told him after the last miss, you're not taking these again.

Klay is without question and it's not subjective, one of the most arrogant and entitled players in the league. Both in terms of his personality and on court play. That's not up for debate. Anyone that thinks otherwise is flat out delusional. Podz is likely not getting much hate because nobody seriously expects a little rookie to do much, at this point we're all surprised he's given as much as he has so far.

I actually like Podz. I don't think he's an NBA starting level guard but he may get there one day. I don't think there's any objective basketball fan that thinks Podz is a starting level guard RIGHT NOW. Like any rookie, Podz gets lost in rotations, helps off the wrong shooter and is slow to close out when he realizes his mistakes. Those things should improve with time. The biggest problem I see is he's too slow laterally to guard point guards and way too small to guard anyone else. When he closes out, he's often too short to bother the shot and outside of playing passing lanes (very good) and charges (best in the league?) his defense is porous. I don't see how it dramatically improves given his physical tools. Offensively, he's not a confident shooter, has no pull up, no mid range and is a spot up 3 or drive to the rim type of player. I can't even imagine the conversation if Klay kept trying that running hook on people significantly bigger than him and was shooting as poorly as Podz is. He really shouldn't be playing as much as he is, but nobody can understand what Kerr is doing this season.

I agree with some of the issues you have with Podz as well. He's not a starter level player. Neither is Klay. The problem is that Podz doesn't have the offense revolve around him or his feelings when he plays like mother Steven is doing with his son Klay. You don't have odd situations where the offense is focused on getting him "going" rather than just running plays. I have several issues with Podz and think he's grossly being overplayed.

You're right though, Klay, the 43.2 million a year player would get a bit more hate than a 1st year whose still learning how to play basketball on 3.3 million a year. Is that surprising? Is anyone on this board actually advocating for starting Podz on a regular basis and thinking that the team can compete in that scenario? A single poster? Because I don't know why you're making an argument nobody else is making.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,163

Post#86 » by TB » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:55 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
TB wrote:Should be noted that Loon has only played 2 minutes with Dray since Dray has been back.

Obviously Dray has been dominant at center since his return (been one of the best centers in the league for a decade plus), but he's also had 11 great minutes with Trayce and a few good defensive stands with Loon.

With Dray, JK, Wiggins 3 point shots all trending positive... I wouldn't be against getting some larger lineups in with Loon alongside Dray. I know Kerr likes keeping things spaced for Kuminga to attack, but he has scored efficiently next to Loon or Trayce as well. Of course, we haven't ever seen Kuminga/Dray/Loon together... but I think there is no better time than when Dray/JK/Wiggins offense looks to be in a good place.

If JK/Wiggins/Dray trio remains a thing as it should, I'd think the smart move is to have them move as a unit, either as a 2/3/4 or 3/4/5. Which means they can play with Looney/Saric/TJD for stretches, as well as play with Podz/Moody/Klay for stretches too. At least until a move is made.. but theoretically, if those 3 can anchor the defense, options become plentiful. The lingering concern will be Kerr trying to shoehorn Klay into the final starter role, undeservedly

Yup this exactly. It's all doable if Kerr utilizes Klay and CP3 as important rotation pieces... but without over-doing it. CP3/Podz/Klay/Saric has been an incredibly successful group against backups... so makes a lot of sense to try and group them together as well. And even with CP3 out, CoJo has that group as a positive as well.

Need Kerr to be forced into hockey rotations lol

Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Dray have to play together.

CP3/Podz/Klay/Saric have to play together.

Overlap however you see fit, Steve. 8-)

All that being said, I'm going with a starting lineup of Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Dray/Loon until shooting becomes a major issue with it, and trying to add Trayce as much to that backup unit as possible. Go small when needed.

And of course this all gets revisited once some trades happen...
vvoland
Senior

Post#87 » by vvoland » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:22 pm

Impuniti wrote:
vvoland wrote:
Impuniti wrote:It's insanity. The coach and a group of fans stumbling falling trying to justify Klay whose now a crappy player that starts purely on what he's done years ago. :crazy:

Really grabbing on to dear life with Dame analogy huh? :lol: Klay is shooting 1% above league average TS. HIs offense is atrocious. Klay is a 57% TS and Dame at 60% while averaging a lot more points and can still playmake. Saying that, Dame having his issues is a large reason why people are skeptical that Bucks can with the way he's playing.

You talk about 1 1/2 years ago Klay was one of the key cogs to win a championship. Yes, but in real life players fall off very quickly in their early to mid 30s. This happens all the time, as it's happened to Klay who likely is affected even more due to his injuries. Looney was also as important as Klay in that 22 run, and Looney is awful this season. He wouldn't even make a top 50 center this season with his embarrassing performances. Should we just wait it until Steph's 38, 39 and hope these guys get there?

The closing lineup that night was atrocious. Podz also is getting overrated, but I don't want him to be the regular starter for the Warriors. He's just a backup that should play less. In a previous post, I'm certain I said he should be on 10MPG. You keep mentioning Podz getting cooked like Klay hasn't been BBQ all year. He has. He is garbage defender. The amount that he misses on a game to game basis is astounding. All the time. The defense consistently scrambles trying to make up for his space cadet airhead plays or lack thereof. The issue is even worse since Steph has gotten so bad defensively, and an elite team can't cover two guys playing bad defense. Steph isn't getting traded, so option B should.

Klay is without question and it's not subjective, one of the most arrogant and entitled players in the league. Both in terms of his personality and on court play. That's not up for debate. Anyone that thinks otherwise is flat out delusional. Podz is likely not getting much hate because nobody seriously expects a little rookie to do much, at this point we're all surprised he's given as much as he has so far.

I actually like Podz. I don't think he's an NBA starting level guard but he may get there one day. I don't think there's any objective basketball fan that thinks Podz is a starting level guard RIGHT NOW. Like any rookie, Podz gets lost in rotations, helps off the wrong shooter and is slow to close out when he realizes his mistakes. Those things should improve with time. The biggest problem I see is he's too slow laterally to guard point guards and way too small to guard anyone else. When he closes out, he's often too short to bother the shot and outside of playing passing lanes (very good) and charges (best in the league?) his defense is porous. I don't see how it dramatically improves given his physical tools. Offensively, he's not a confident shooter, has no pull up, no mid range and is a spot up 3 or drive to the rim type of player. I can't even imagine the conversation if Klay kept trying that running hook on people significantly bigger than him and was shooting as poorly as Podz is. He really shouldn't be playing as much as he is, but nobody can understand what Kerr is doing this season.

I agree with some of the issues you have with Podz as well. He's not a starter level player. Neither is Klay. The problem is that Podz doesn't have the offense revolve around him or his feelings when he plays like mother Steven is doing with his son Klay. You don't have odd situations where the offense is focused on getting him "going" rather than just running plays. I have several issues with Podz and think he's grossly being overplayed.

You're right though, Klay, the 43.2 million a year player would get a bit more hate than a 1st year whose still learning how to play basketball on 3.3 million a year. Is that surprising? Is anyone on this board actually advocating for starting Podz on a regular basis and thinking that the team can compete in that scenario? A single poster? Because I don't know why you're making an argument nobody else is making.

I like this. I may not agree with most of your points but I appreciate you making an point by point rebuttal.

I bring up Lillard because Klay has always been a much better shooter (not scorer or creator) than Lillard but doesn't get the credit for that. As you said, he's currently 1% ABOVE league average TS and that is somehow also "atrocious." I believe the quote earlier was, his offense was "complete garbage." There is some serious cognitive dissonance going on for those sentences to be written. Dame's issues are the reason the league is skeptical of the bucks but those issues are defensive; no one has brought up the fact that Lillard is shooting in the low 40s as the reason to doubt the bucks.

Klay was an important player 18months ago on a team that won the champioship. He also carried this team offensively for the last 4 months of last year. he put up 25ppg on shooting splits Lillard can only dream of. Yes he ran out gas in the playoffs but we can roast him for the latter while still recognizing the former.

The closing lineup in the LAL game WAS atrocious - their defensive rating was in the 180s, I believe. But so have a ton of lineups this year, Kerr has not being pushing the right buttons and the play of the wings/looon and Dray's absence hasn't done Klay any favors.

You think Klay is one of the most entitled players in the league? Not Lebron, or JP3 (who literally said his legacy is secure), or Keven Porter Jr. who's out of the league because of his entitlement? Not Ja (who just loves guns too much), or Zion (who can't stop eating), or dozens of other players I won't care to mention? Klay's been a pro his entire career, was one of the best 2 guards of his generation, never demanded a bigger role (wiseman, JK, and that's just on GSW), never wanted his own team (kyrie), never flipped out like Dray, the list goes on and on.

I think you're confusing his shot selection and emotional transparency with ego. Does he still think he's prime Klay? maybe. Does he think he should be option 1a and jack up 20 shots? Definitely not since that players only meeting early last season. He's prideful and, to be honest, I don't blame him. He doesn't become the player he was/is without that pride. I wish wigs had a bit more of that in him and dray a little less. And you artfully dodged my question. If Klay did what Podz did, as a rookie, taking the ball from established FT shooters and missing technicals, in close games, what would be the narrative?

I don't care about their salaries, we paid them what we paid them. The only thing that matters is which of these players can help us win games. The fact that Podz is a rookie and hasn't proven that he can contribute in high leverage situations while Klay has a decade+ and 4 rings should warrant a longer leash. That said, I think both have a large role to play, Klay as a starter and Podz as a combo guard off the bench (a bit like Poole in our 21-22 season in fewer mins and w/ a different skill set). When moody comes back and IF he is playing better than Klay, I wouldn't mind seeing him start. But that's a huge change for the team and not one that Kerr will, or should, take lightly.

All that said, Podz, for the last few weeks, has been the only alternative to starting Klay. Moody, GP2, and cp3 all hurt so unless people are advocating for starting wigs or jk at the 2 with TJD or Loon at the 5, who are you putting in as the 2 for Klay? It's not like people haven't been clamoring to bench Klay for weeks, if not months. You can't say you want Podz to play 10 MPG while benching Klay and having Joseph and Q as the only other guards on the roster.
vvoland
Senior

Post#88 » by vvoland » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:26 pm

TB wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Yup this exactly. It's all doable if Kerr utilizes Klay and CP3 as important rotation pieces... but without over-doing it. CP3/Podz/Klay/Saric has been an incredibly successful group against backups... so makes a lot of sense to try and group them together as well. And even with CP3 out, CoJo has that group as a positive as well.

All that being said, I'm going with a starting lineup of Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Dray/Loon until shooting becomes a major issue with it, and trying to add Trayce as much to that backup unit as possible. Go small when needed.

I don't think Steph would have any room with those 4. Loon has been absolutely awful this year and playing wigs/jk/TJD/Dray together seems like it wouldn't work on offense or defense. I'd give the TJD lineup a shot but I don't think I'd start it (0 mins for either lineup this year).
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,163

Post#89 » by TB » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:37 pm

vvoland wrote:
TB wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

I don't think Steph would have any room with those 4. Loon has been absolutely awful this year and playing wigs/jk/TJD/Dray together seems like it wouldn't work on offense or defense. I'd give the TJD lineup a shot but I don't think I'd start it (0 mins for either lineup this year).

Ya it really relies on Wiggins/Kuminga/Dray all shooting with confidence when open. And by the way I'm fine with Steph/Klay/Wiggins/Kuminga/Dray lineups, they have been crushing it. I'm just concerned with wearing out Dray during the regular season so want to see that group next to Loon or TJD. Not to mention I'm worried about wearing out Klay.
vvoland
Senior

Post#90 » by vvoland » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:43 pm

TB wrote:
vvoland wrote:
TB wrote:

Ya it really relies on Wiggins/Kuminga/Dray all shooting with confidence when open. And by the way I'm fine with Steph/Klay/Wiggins/Kuminga/Dray lineups, they have been crushing it. I'm just concerned with wearing out Dray during the regular season so want to see that group next to Loon or TJD. Not to mention I'm worried about wearing out Klay.

The move was going after miles turner at last year's deadline but that ship has sailed.

The SC/KT/AW/JK/DG lineup is fine for now and I wouldn't mind seeing JK bang with some of the bigs on teams where there aren't multiple guard/wing options (AD, Markannen, Capela, Randle etc..). That should allow Dray to play some 4 and save his body the wear/tear. In really we're talking about 6 minutes to start each half and another 5 or so to close the game. That's 15-18 mins a night w/ Dray at center and JK taking some C matchups to help Dray out.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Post#91 » by superunknown » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:42 pm

vvoland wrote:
superunknown wrote:
vvoland wrote:
If wigs keeps playing like he doesn't want to get traded, dray keeps his head, and jk continues to score, klay will look a lot better than he did earlier in the year when wigs couldn't shoot or rebound or defend, dray went insane and loon was starting over jk.

carry what? :lol:
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#92 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:07 pm

Impuniti wrote:
vvoland wrote:
Impuniti wrote:It's insanity. The coach and a group of fans stumbling falling trying to justify Klay whose now a crappy player that starts purely on what he's done years ago. :crazy:

I think prime Klay had a pattern of shooting better late season than early season, so I am expecting Klay to continue that pattern and raise his shooting percentage in February.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#93 » by superunknown » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:13 pm

well, I can tell who shouldn't be starting:
klay.
vvoland
Senior

Post#94 » by vvoland » Thu Feb 1, 2024 12:02 am

superunknown wrote:
vvoland wrote:
superunknown wrote:

carry what? :lol:

laugh all you want but until JK started getting consistent run and wiggins woke up from the 15 month nap, who was a reliable 2nd option on the team? Who was the 1st option when Steph sat?
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#95 » by Impuniti » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:26 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
vvoland wrote:

I think prime Klay had a pattern of shooting better late season than early season, so I am expecting Klay to continue that pattern and raise his shooting percentage in February.

Klay is shooting his career averages this season. Only difference is the league average TS% has gotten better over the years and he hasn't. He's currently 1% above league average TS%.

Add atrocious level defense and an offense that is feeding his mountain-sized ego with the current worst coach in the league that is more interested in taking care of his guys that actually winning games. As annoyed as I am by Klay's attitude, from the bottom of my heart

**** Steve Kerr for the way he's been coaching this season.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#96 » by EvanZ » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:47 pm

Moody/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond

it's what the poll says

Might be the best lineup (+Steph obviously) come playoff time. Not sure it's enough shooting though. Could also go Moody/Klay/Wiggins_or_Kuminga/Draymond

Choose one of Wiggins or Kuminga whichever is shooting better.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#97 » by DevinVassell » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:18 pm

EvanZ wrote:Moody/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond

it's what the poll says

Might be the best lineup (+Steph obviously) come playoff time. Not sure it's enough shooting though. Could also go Moody/Klay/Wiggins_or_Kuminga/Draymond

Please.

You don't have to score 140pts a game if you are ALSO playing defense.

You only have one non-scorer in that lineup... and he happens to be one of the best passing/facilitating big men there is... and... oh yeah, you also have have THE BEST SHOOTER of ALL TIME in Steph Curry.

In context, I'd say its plenty of shooting.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#98 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:09 am

it's what the poll says

this is probably who should be starting ^

with maybe with the occasional start for looney when we play one of the 5 legit centers in the league
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#99 » by Impuniti » Fri Feb 2, 2024 1:32 am

DevinVassell wrote:

it's what the poll says

Please.

You only have one non-scorer in that lineup... and he happens to be one of the best passing/facilitating big men there is... and... oh yeah, you also have have THE BEST SHOOTER of ALL TIME in Steph Curry.

That should be the lineup we should have seen tested during regular season. We will never see it have any real game time because Kerr is more preoccupied being Klay's agent to ensure he gets paid than to actually win.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#100 » by superunknown » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:11 am

Impuniti wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:

it's what the poll says

Please.

That should be the lineup we should have seen tested during regular season. We will never see it have any real game time because Kerr is more preoccupied being Klay's agent to ensure he gets paid than to actually win.

make sure he gets paid?
keep starting him and playing him big mins will more likely make him a disservice and dump his value. kerr's feeding his ego, but the more he plays the more he gets exposed.

Return to Golden State Warriors