ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,195

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3321 » by cpower » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:10 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Wiggins and Draymond to Suns for Durant would make them a vastly better team. Not sure why it's lalaland stuff?

which team? we are ranked about 18th defense with Dray and wiggins, we are surely will be the worst defense in the entire league without them. what is next? trade for Lillard so that we can play Curry Lillard Klay JK KD starting 5? lmao
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,195

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#3322 » by cpower » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:12 am

clyde21 wrote:KD is on the table, make it happen with Wiggy+Dray

KD is cooked defensively who is going to guard their best player? Klay freakig Thompson?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,317

Post#3323 » by wco81 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 am

No way KD would come to the Warriors.

It would be an admission that he screwed up going to Brooklyn.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,078

Post#3324 » by whatisacenter » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:24 pm

Draymond to the Lakers for Vando and Rui.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#3325 » by Kuya » Wed May 1, 2024 2:42 am

Any way to get Bridges from Brooklyn while keeping Kuminga?

Sent from my SM-S908U using RealGM mobile app
thejigglyroom
Rookie
And1: 1,207

Post#3326 » by thejigglyroom » Wed May 1, 2024 4:57 am

Kuya wrote:Any way to get Bridges from Brooklyn while keeping Kuminga?

Unless the Nets GM is a massive dope fiend.

Nope
Nyk_Fatboy:
Carmelos better than durant, Lance stephensons better than harden, Wade, Wall, Derozan, Parker, Westbrick and i prefer antetokoumpo over Griffin, bosh and dirk but its debatable
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,088

Post#3327 » by CDM_Stats » Wed May 1, 2024 5:11 am

thejigglyroom wrote:

Nope

If JK is the difference between getting Bridges or not, we'd sure as **** better get Bridges :dontknow:

Bridges undervalued because he went from a team with a PG to a team without one.. he'd do much better here. Not enough to vault the team into contention, but enough to be a playoff team (assuming the team keeps all the non-Klay/CP3 vets) and signed in parallel with Steph Curry's next 2 seasons
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#3328 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed May 1, 2024 7:34 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
thejigglyroom wrote:

Nope

If JK is the difference between getting Bridges or not, we'd sure as **** better get Bridges :dontknow:

Bridges undervalued because he went from a team with a PG to a team without one.. he'd do much better here. Not enough to vault the team into contention, but enough to be a playoff team (assuming the team keeps all the non-Klay/CP3 vets) and signed in parallel with Steph Curry's next 2 seasons

Jk was the difference in us getting siakam, og, and even Caruso. Mjd said no on all fronts. I'd expect the same here.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#3329 » by watch1958 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:22 am

Anyway to package deals to get OG and DJM both? :D
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,361

Post#3330 » by Onus » Wed May 1, 2024 12:07 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
thejigglyroom wrote:

Nope

Jk was the difference in us getting siakam, og, and even Caruso. Mjd said no on all fronts. I'd expect the same here.

Would’ve had the best defense in the league if we had gotten og. A wing rotation of og/wiggins/dray would’ve locked up the league
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#3331 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 1, 2024 7:45 pm

Any iteration of this team with Draymond the clown still on it will just be a repeat of the past two seasons.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,746

Post#3332 » by azwfan » Wed May 1, 2024 11:24 pm

whatisacenter wrote:Any iteration of this team with Draymond the clown still on it will just be a repeat of the past two seasons.

Its not carved in stone, but pretty much agree. I mean at some point dude is bound to mature right?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#3333 » by whatisacenter » Thu May 2, 2024 12:55 am

azwfan wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:Any iteration of this team with Draymond the clown still on it will just be a repeat of the past two seasons.

Its not carved in stone, but pretty much agree. I mean at some point dude is bound to mature right?

For me it goes beyond his antics and includes who he is as a player.

He has to have the ball in his hands and it’s difficult to play him next to a 5 on offense and he just isn’t the same player on defense to offset his offensive shortcomings.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,746

Post#3334 » by azwfan » Thu May 2, 2024 1:26 am

whatisacenter wrote:
azwfan wrote:

For me it goes beyond his antics and includes who he is as a player.

He has to have the ball in his hands and it’s difficult to play him next to a 5 on offense and he just isn’t the same player on defense to offset his offensive shortcomings.

I get you.
Maybe I'm just a big softie but what did me in with him are his antics (assuming assaulting a teammate is categorized under antics). On top of that, he's not reliable because you never know when his ego, i mean "emotions", will get the best of him and he'll get ejected or suspended. If it wasn't for all of that, I could probably live with the on court limitations as on the court, when he's there, he can still have a positive impact.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,897

Post#3335 » by cdubbz » Thu May 2, 2024 7:40 pm

imagine Draymond playing with Lebron. He'll turn into magic johnson and dennis rodman combined.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,053

Post#3336 » by Jester_ » Thu May 2, 2024 9:03 pm

Jimmy's looking for a 2 year extension. Is some sort of sign and trade w/ Kuminga and Klay cap-friendly and on the table?
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#3337 » by CDM_Stats » Thu May 2, 2024 9:09 pm

Jester_ wrote:Jimmy's looking for a 2 year extension. Is some sort of sign and trade w/ Kuminga and Klay cap-friendly and on the table?

It would require nearly gutting the team just to be eligible for a S&T

Plus dont think Miami would be happy with that return either. They have a type, and its higher IQ players. We wouldnt be sending our best and brightest
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,279

Post#3338 » by xdrta+ » Thu May 2, 2024 11:26 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Jester_ wrote:Jimmy's looking for a 2 year extension. Is some sort of sign and trade w/ Kuminga and Klay cap-friendly and on the table?

Plus dont think Miami would be happy with that return either. They have a type, and its higher IQ players. We wouldnt be sending our best and brightest

As long as they can stay under the 2nd Apron after the trade they can send out a player in a S&T. The 1st Apron restriction is only receiving an S&T player.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,361

Post#3339 » by Onus » Thu May 2, 2024 11:32 pm

Jimmy doesn't really solve any of our issues really, while making us older and more injury prone. Easy pass.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#3340 » by CDM_Stats » Fri May 3, 2024 5:42 am

xdrta+ wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

As long as they can stay under the 2nd Apron after the trade they can send out a player in a S&T. The 1st Apron restriction is only receiving an S&T player.

My fault, I thought Jimmy's contract ended this year and he was being S&T'd

I guess it is possible then, but I really dont know how he and Dray dont eventually clash. Just 2 weird guys

Return to Golden State Warriors