ImageImageImageImageImage

We need Kuminga and Moody to be the ___ and ___ best players on this team

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Re: We need Kuminga and Moody to be the ___ and ___ best players on this team 

Post#21 » by Bayside » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:26 pm

I like the expression in the thumbnail of the video.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#22 » by B-King » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:14 pm

Kudos to Moody for starting a camp for kids and Klay for showing up!

[youtube] https://youtube.com/shorts/r8plcAV39qY?feature=share[/youtube]
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#23 » by Thugleavy34 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:08 am

Nvnervous45 wrote:Agreed. He looks like he's on the and1 mix tour circa 1998. He shouldn't be working on bringing the ball up the floor or crossing people up.
He needs to work on the fundamentals of rebounding and pick and roll. Overall, not a good look.

I’m fine with him handling the ball, it’s pickup. What’s concerning is how clunky he looks, losing the ball, smoking layups, etc. yikes
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#24 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:11 am

He is not a big. If we need a big we need to trade him. We have his rights until his contract is up. We can play him or not play him or trade him, but nowhere in the CBA is he obligated to focus offseason training on what this coach wants if it's not what he wants out of his career. Way it goes. Trade him.

And no, it's not a good mix
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#25 » by EvanZ » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:15 pm

B-King wrote:Kudos to Moody for starting a camp for kids and Klay for showing up!

[youtube] https://youtube.com/shorts/r8plcAV39qY?feature=share[/youtube]

Moody is Roman. Poole was Kendall. Kuminga is Shiv. Wiseman is Connor.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,677

Post#26 » by a8bil » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:29 pm

Whether JK develops or not, it remains clear he is an uber athlete....that clip of him hitting a 10' mark with his head means that his vertical is a minimum 41", unless he grew in the off season... .
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,094

Post#27 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:51 pm

Nvnervous45 wrote:Agreed. He looks like he's on the and1 mix tour circa 1998. He shouldn't be working on bringing the ball up the floor or crossing people up.
He needs to work on the fundamentals of rebounding and pick and roll. Overall, not a good look.

no one plays the game specifically to set screens and do the little things in informal settings.. I dont think he's going to work out - here or anywhere, at least relative to winning games - but you guys are gonna papercut him to death if this how far under the microscope he is
billinder33
Junior
And1: 86

Post#28 » by billinder33 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:12 pm

a8bil wrote:Whether JK develops or not, it remains clear he is an uber athlete....that clip of him hitting a 10' mark with his head means that his vertical is a minimum 41", unless he grew in the off season... .

You didn't hear? He's 7' tall now. :rofl:
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,677

Post#29 » by a8bil » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:06 am

billinder33 wrote:
a8bil wrote:Whether JK develops or not, it remains clear he is an uber athlete....that clip of him hitting a 10' mark with his head means that his vertical is a minimum 41", unless he grew in the off season... .

You didn't hear? He's 7' tall now. :rofl:
LOL...yeah, I did read that. IF it's on the internet it must be true, right?
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#30 » by Nvnervous45 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:43 am

Kuminga will only work out here if he works on what we need him to do (rebounding, defense,playing within a system) in order for us to win. If he does or doesn't, that's on him. I hope he does and I'm rooting for him, but that's the standard on a 4-time championship team. If he lacks the maturity and work ethic to do so, then adios.
I know it's a lot of pressure for a albeit talented 20 year old but them's the stakes.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#31 » by Onus » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:27 pm

I don't think either really needs to be better than Saric or gp2. Those 2 will be vital members of the bench. GP2 is probably easier to catch but he just fits so well that'll it'll hard to have a more impactful minutes.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#32 » by Onus » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:36 pm

I kind of expect JK and Moody to get more consistent minutes this year not just because only GP2 is in front of them but there's not as many young players that will get playing time and mess up around them as well.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,579

Post#33 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:28 pm

That's my guy Josh Minott guarding him at times heh

Yeah, people are reading way too much into this. Some random guy makes a highlight reel of Kuminga from a very informal open run, and people are using it to conclude Kuminga didn't work on his rebounding and setting picks. That's really reaching. Just think how much that guy's YouTube channnel would have blown up if he posted a "highlight" reel of Kuminga setting picks. He even specifically said it was meant to be a compilation of his makes and misses. Not his picks. Not his rebounds.

If I was forced to try to read anything into that clip, he sure does look like a willing passer, and he is seemingly still creating his own shot but missing ones I wouldn't expect. /shrug

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,832

Post#34 » by floppymoose » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:06 pm

Trying to remember the last time an offseason workout or highlite vid was met with universal approval…. :dontknow:
Nvnervous45
Junior
And1: 91

Post#35 » by Nvnervous45 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:13 am

Which leads to my point about the vid. Pick up ball has about as much relationship to nba basketball as playing the kazoo does. In fact you could pick up some bad habits that way.
Personally, coming off the youth insurgency year last year that saw poole moping and kuminga crying about playing time, I hope he shows up with the right attitude and work ethic to help us compete.
We've seen the million dollar talent just like we did with wiseman and poole go down the drain. I hope it's a cautionary tale for kuminga.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,710

Post#36 » by Warriorfan » Tue Aug 8, 2023 10:30 pm

At least 4th and 5th best players long term. Can't waste lottery picks and remain a contender
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#37 » by EvanZ » Tue Aug 8, 2023 10:35 pm

Warriorfan wrote:At least 4th and 5th best players long term. Can't waste lottery picks and remain a contender

This was about next year not long term.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#38 » by EvanZ » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:16 pm

EvanZ wrote:I kind of feel like we need our starting 5 + CP3 to still be our top 6. If any of those guys fall off significantly it's bad news (Klay or CP3 being the most likely) from an overall talent perspective.

But my sincere hope is that Kuminga and Moody *both* slot in above GPII and Saric (and obviously Cujo) in terms of the rotaiton before the ASG. If this happens, it means they have both taken a significant leap.

Short of that, I think we need at least one of them to fulfill this leap this season to remain competitive or have any chance of contending.

If neither of them can surpass GPII *and* Saric (meaning they become the 7th man on the depth chart), I think it spells trouble. If I had to pick one of them to do it from a standpoint of being more important, it's probably Kuminga simply because of his size and it would probably mean he's really shooting or doing something else at an elite level. But if Moody can reach the Brandon Rush tier that projected before he was drafted, that might be enough too.

Well here we are. I think there’s a chance at least by the end of the season if not much sooner that JK and MM will be the 7th and 8th man in the rotation permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,234

Post#39 » by DonaldSanders » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:11 pm

EvanZ wrote:Well here we are. I think there’s a chance at least by the end of the season if not much sooner that JK and MM will be the 7th and 8th man in the rotation permanently.

I think we are there already. The question for me is if Steve will be willing to sneak one of them in the starting or closing lineups. Moody looks ready for it, he just scraps so hard and has no fear.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,578

Post#40 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:50 pm

The top 6, we already know who they are.

7th should be Saric. 8th should be GP2.

So, Kuminga and Moody should be 9th/10th.

If they are better than that, then we should be in an amazing spot. And I think they will, if Kerr sees the light.

Return to Golden State Warriors