ImageImageImageImageImage

Potential big moves 2023-24

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 262

Re: Potential big moves 2023-24 

Post#721 » by ShayDee » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:56 pm

MDJ and FO have to have to sit down and have a conversation with Steph. They basically did? everything he wanted and was best for the team to compete maybe. Got rid of most of the youth, traded Poole, brought back Dray and paid him, currently paying huge amounts of tax, fixed the bench, and the team is complete ****.

You could argue they didn't do enough and are not completely all in on Steph but again, the team underperforming has reduced the value of many assets on this team(except the picks have increased value). This season is almost a wash and no one trade will fix this team. It's best to just make a small move like get a cheap starting big and just ride the season out and let Wiggins, Kuminga, Klay, Moody, GP2 etc all regain some value and then go all in in the offseason to build for the final years of Steph that just panic trade now and then make a bad trade just to trade. Also Podz shouldn't play as much as he does and give some minutes to Moody

I would try and trade for Drummond maybe for some 2nds + TJD
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#722 » by EvanZ » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Welp that explains that
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#723 » by killmongrel » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:15 am

ShayDee wrote:MDJ and FO have to have to sit down and have a conversation with Steph. They basically did? everything he wanted and was best for the team to compete maybe. Got rid of most of the youth, traded Poole, brought back Dray and paid him, currently paying huge amounts of tax, fixed the bench, and the team is complete ****.

You could argue they didn't do enough and are not completely all in on Steph but again, the team underperforming has reduced the value of many assets on this team(except the picks have increased value). This season is almost a wash and no one trade will fix this team. It's best to just make a small move like get a cheap starting big and just ride the season out and let Wiggins, Kuminga, Klay, etc all regain some value and then go all in in the offseason to build for the final years of Steph that just panic trade now and then make a bad trade just to trade

Kuminga can also end up tanking his value by the end of the season. I'm not saying make a trade for the sake of a trade, but when a good player presents itself, they definitely should take a shot at it. A panic trade would be something like trading for Zach Lavine or DeMar Derozan because it's different. Lulz. I'm actually talking about trading for a player who fits and is good in Mikal Bridges.

Also, if this season is almost a wash, don't make trades that send out young players like TJD.

I get the feeling some of you are holding out this hope that some really significant player becomes available in the summer. Trust me, the chances of one becoming available is slim to none. I've checked.

Jokic and Embiid are not all of a sudden requests trades. KD isn't going to be disgruntled enough to request a trade again. LeBron is staying in LA. Same with AD. I was hoping the Clippers imploded, but they're staying together so no chance at a Paul George or a Kawhi. Luka has no reason to leave Dallas. Giannis isn't getting gonna just get tired of playing with Dollar Store Steph to play with the real Steph. Jimmy Butler is retiring a Heat. There is no super star or close to it coming to help Steph.

Heck, remember how this board was talking about KAT. Dude is currently on one of the best teams in the West. And I wouldn't want him here anyway.

The idea of going all in during the off season is fine. Just saying that there are some players that if they become available now for a trade, it's best to go for it rather than gamble for something that is uncertain later.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#724 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:01 am

Read on Twitter

Maybe we did offer jk, but siakam just didn't want to come here.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 460

Post#725 » by Romulus » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:08 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not many star players are going to want to be part of this motion offense. Can you imagine Luka coming here and trying to run off the ball as Draymond, left unguarded, tries to find an open man?

Plus, most players view this team as old with no real future. Of course, they'd be right.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,375

Post#726 » by Onus » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:09 am

ShayDee wrote:MDJ and FO have to have to sit down and have a conversation with Steph. They basically did? everything he wanted and was best for the team to compete maybe. Got rid of most of the youth, traded Poole, brought back Dray and paid him, currently paying huge amounts of tax, fixed the bench, and the team is complete ****.

You could argue they didn't do enough and are not completely all in on Steph but again, the team underperforming has reduced the value of many assets on this team(except the picks have increased value). This season is almost a wash and no one trade will fix this team. It's best to just make a small move like get a cheap starting big and just ride the season out and let Wiggins, Kuminga, Klay, Moody, GP2 etc all regain some value and then go all in in the offseason to build for the final years of Steph that just panic trade now and then make a bad trade just to trade. Also Podz shouldn't play as much as he does and give some minutes to Moody

What youth did they get rid of?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM

Post#727 » by Onus » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:11 am

Romulus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not many star players are going to want to be part of this motion offense. Can you imagine Luka coming here and trying to run off the ball as Draymond, left unguarded, tries to find an open man?

Plus, most players view this team as old with no real future. Of course, they'd be right.

He’d be playing out of position and off ball. 2 things he’s not good at. He knows he doesn’t fit.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#728 » by killmongrel » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:17 am

Onus wrote:
Romulus wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’d be playing out of position and off ball. 2 things he’s not good at. He knows he doesn’t fit.

This.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,094

Post#729 » by whatisacenter » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:40 am

killmongrel wrote:
Onus wrote:
Romulus wrote:

This.

I think there is a lot of merit to what Rómulus is saying. You never hear the Dubs mentioned by players on the trade market as a team they would welcome a trade to and buyout market guys never mention them either.

Who would want to come join the his locker room and play with Draymond and Klay?

I think if it was just Steph and they changed up the offense they would be more appealing to other stars.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#730 » by killmongrel » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:42 am

whatisacenter wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Onus wrote:He’d be playing out of position and off ball. 2 things he’s not good at. He knows he doesn’t fit.

This.

I think there is a lot of merit to what Rómulus is saying. You never hear the Dubs mentioned by players on the trade market as a team they would welcome a trade to and buyout market guys never mention them either.

Who would want to come join the his locker room and play with Draymond and Klay?

I think if it was just Steph and they changed up the offense they would be more appealing to other stars.
Sure there may be merit to it. But I'm really just focusing on Siakam here. The guy was smart enough to know his fit here would be a bit wonky. Been saying it for a while and honestly glad he went to another team.
Mambomuziki
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#731 » by Mambomuziki » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:16 am

killmongrel wrote:Mikal Bridges' stock at the moment is the lowest it's ever been. Brooklyn to no surprise is bad and he doesn't really match their timeline. If the Warriors want to make an all in move, they should go for him. Trade Kuminga, Moody, CP3, 2 1sts, Seconds for Mikal Bridges and Spencer Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie comes off the books this summer.

Keep Wiggins if you can't offload his contract without giving up significant assets. I am not using a 1st or one of Podz or TJD just to get rid of Wiggins. I'd rather just gamble on the hopium that he eventually gets his **** together. Maybe trade small contracts and seconds to get OPJ from the Raptors.

Steph/Dinwiddie
Klay/GP2/Podz
Bridges/Wiggins
Draymond/OPJ/Santos
Looney/Saric/TJD
Would definitely do this, like TB said add Klay for Ben Simmons, maybe keep Moody swap with Pods. They wanted Podz at draft. Maybe this way we can do 1st and a couple of Swaps.
I would also get Watford and not do Dinwiddle.
So it would be:
Klay, CP3, Podz, JK ,1st, 2 swaps for Bridges, Watford and Ben.
I would also try and figure a way to get another PG though I think Watford, Dray and Steph can handle that for now and figure a way to get WCJ.

Steph/Cory/ Ben/ Watford/ Dray
Moody/Lester/ Bridges
Bridges/Wiggins/Gp2
Dray/Saric/Watford/Ben/Gui
Looney/ TJD/Dray

We would cut payroll by 20m this season. We may not be a contender but we can push gel and sort see how the rest of the season goes and make more changes offseason sort like 2021 Season.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using RealGM mobile app
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#732 » by ShayDee » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:57 am

Onus wrote:

Wiseman, Rollins, PBJ, Poole Although I don't know if you count them as "youth"
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#733 » by ShayDee » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:58 am

killmongrel wrote:

You could argue they didn't do enough and are not completely all in on Steph but again, the team underperforming has reduced the value of many assets on this team(except the picks have increased value). This season is almost a wash and no one trade will fix this team. It's best to just make a small move like get a cheap starting big and just ride the season out and let Wiggins, Kuminga, Klay, etc all regain some value and then go all in in the offseason to build for the final years of Steph that just panic trade now and then make a bad trade just to trade

Kuminga can also end up tanking his value by the end of the season. I'm not saying make a trade for the sake of a trade, but when a good player presents itself, they definitely should take a shot at it. A panic trade would be something like trading for Zach Lavine or DeMar Derozan because it's different. Lulz. I'm actually talking about trading for a player who fits and is good in Mikal Bridges.

Also, if this season is almost a wash, don't make trades that send out young players like TJD.

I get the feeling some of you are holding out this hope that some really significant player becomes available in the summer. Trust me, the chances of one becoming available is slim to none. I've checked.

Jokic and Embiid are not all of a sudden requests trades. KD isn't going to be disgruntled enough to request a trade again. LeBron is staying in LA. Same with AD. I was hoping the Clippers imploded, but they're staying together so no chance at a Paul George or a Kawhi. Luka has no reason to leave Dallas. Giannis isn't getting gonna just get tired of playing with Dollar Store Steph to play with the real Steph. Jimmy Butler is retiring a Heat. There is no super star or close to it coming to help Steph.

Heck, remember how this board was talking about KAT. Dude is currently on one of the best teams in the West. And I wouldn't want him here anyway.

The idea of going all in during the off season is fine. Just saying that there are some players that if they become available now for a trade, it's best to go for it rather than gamble for something that is uncertain later.

He isn't going to tank his value, if he is averaging 30mpg and jacking up shots. Some team is going to want him. But if he is on 20mpg and averaging 10ppg while being benched alot then what do you think teams would think of him?

If Drummond is decent the team can re-sign him, still only 30 and can rack up rebounds and get stocks and defend bigger players better than any big on this roster
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 792

Post#734 » by Old_Blue » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:50 am

Let Klay walk. Sign Tobias Harris in free agency. Acquire a legit screen setting center like Steven Adams or Nikola Vucevic. Acquire a fairly high 2nd round draft pick. Draft Bronny James and force LeBron to walk the walk after suggesting that he'd play for the minimum or MLE in order to play with his son. Trade Draymond and his drama. Go into the season with a starting five of Curry, Kuminga, Harris, LeBron and either Adams/Vucevic with Wiggins being a deluxe 6th man and Looney a backup center. Being under the salary cap, the team might even be able to re-sign Saric.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,596

Post#735 » by HiRez » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:15 am

Any major move they make at this point feels like a desperate gamble, and it doesn't seem like any difference-making players are available anyway. It's already too late to save this season. See what you can get for Draymond and Wiggs, let Klay, CP, and Kerr expire, rest Steph (<30 mpg), and play Kuminga, Moody, Podz, and TJD a ton.
Onus
RealGM

Post#736 » by Onus » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:14 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Onus wrote:

Wiseman, Rollins, PBJ, Poole Although I don't know if you count them as "youth"

Yea all those players suck and are on their way out of the league. Poole is probably staying just because of his contract.
BayAreaDub
Junior
And1: 205

Post#737 » by BayAreaDub » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:57 pm

I don’t think anyone gets traded now. And we just carry out the season as is even if it means missing the play in
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,381

Post#738 » by CS707 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:25 pm

HiRez wrote:Any major move they make at this point feels like a desperate gamble, and it doesn't seem like any difference-making players are available anyway. It's already too late to save this season. See what you can get for Draymond and Wiggs, let Klay, CP, and Kerr expire, rest Steph (<30 mpg), and play Kuminga, Moody, Podz, and TJD a ton.

I'm not crazy about not getting something for Klay's contract but then I assume they just plan on re-signing him anyway so I guess it's a moot point. Otherwise, I agree. I think we need to sit down and figure out what's going to happen with Kerr and, if the organization is moving on, figure out who the next coach is going to be before making roster moves. It would be dumb to make moves to fit Kerr's system only for him to not return as coach. It was interesting listening to him talking to Tolbert the other night about the end of the Bulls 2nd repeat and just how much that team was sick of each other and overall burnt out. It's hard not to make those parallels to this team and wonder if he and the players aren't having the same thoughts now.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#739 » by killmongrel » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:02 pm

ShayDee wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

He isn't going to tank his value, if he is averaging 30mpg and jacking up shots. Some team is going to want him. But if he is on 20mpg and averaging 10ppg while being benched alot then what do you think teams would think of him?

If Drummond is decent the team can re-sign him, still only 30 and can rack up rebounds and get stocks and defend bigger players better than any big on this roster
JK's value at the moment is probably at its highest at the moment. That's why if there's a good trade available, I'm taking advantage of it. I'm not risking it because JK is the type of player who can definitely end up tanking his value.

As for Drummond, you don't trade a young prospect for somebody like him. See if you can get him for a few seconds. If not, oh well, the season is a wash anyway if the only moves they make are like this.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,094

Post#740 » by whatisacenter » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:22 pm

Time to put the Markkanen dreams to bed.

The only big moves to make are breaking up the core 3 and getting ready for next season....something they should have done this past offseason.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274354/Pacers-Inquired-With-Jazz-On-Trade-For-Lauri-Markkanen
The Indiana Pacers reached out to the Utah Jazz about the potential availability of Lauri Markkanen before they eventually pivoted to a trade for Pascal Siakam, sources tell Zach Lowe of ESPN.

The Jazz showed zero interest in trading Markkanen, sources tell Lowe.

Markkanen has emerged as an All-Star since joining the Jazz and by all accounts they would need a team to grossly overpay to consider moving him.

Markkanen is signed through the 24-25 season and has expressed interest in remaining with the Jazz long-term.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to Golden State Warriors