Without dray we have no rings....
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Re: We need a playable starting center 

Post#122 » by michaelm » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:31 pm

jozef wrote:Nurkic scored 31 on Jokic. Nurkic plays alone around the rim cause KD is outside player. Nurkic and Green would be great tandem. Just the first pass of the game was beautiful - Nurkic found KD on cut. He would score a lot of layups, hook shot and dunks for the Warriors. He sets good screens (as most bigs can, not a special feature).
Green exaggerated the Nurkic hold in the incident. Don't make excuses for a BS.
Nurkic did not bait him. He just played him same way. I am tired of Draymond stupid claims. He is Dennis Rodman of this era but he would cry if he would have to play Malone or Barkley and other 90s bigs.

I have no idea what Green thought he was doing in what passed for his brain at the time of the Nurkic incident, and have already said it was in no way defensible, and will extend this to it not being defensible in any possible universe. I did think Nurkic took a dive as Draymond said, the contact was not sufficient imo as well as Green’s to leave a 7 foot 300 lb guy writhing in pain on the ground for so long, Draymond’s problem of course, if there is no illegal contact there is no issue of any kind in the first place.

If you like Nurkic and dislike Green perhaps you should consider being a Suns fan rather than a GSW fan
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#123 » by jozef » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:52 pm

I like Green as a player on the court and I love smart (especially offball) screen basketball. I claim he is the best PF in the game.
However his talking and offcourt agenda is often stupid, shameful and cowardish. His pursuit of KD and throwing teammates Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut under bus after his messing up Finals series with LeBron incident, claim they would beat the 1998 Utah Jazz by 40 (they took Bulls to lucky 6 game series, swept Lakers with 4 All Stars, beat Duncan and Robinson...), now pursuing LeBron, blaming everybody else for his acts... I strongly recommend him to avoid any basketball podcasts and enjoy something else in free time.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,582

Post#124 » by GSWFan1994 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:27 pm

jozef wrote:I like Green as a player on the court and I love smart (especially offball) screen basketball. I claim he is the best PF in the game.
However his talking and offcourt agenda is often stupid, shameful and cowardish. His pursuit of KD and throwing teammates Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut under bus after his messing up Finals series with LeBron incident, claim they would beat the 1998 Utah Jazz by 40 (they took Bulls to lucky 6 game series, swept Lakers with 4 All Stars, beat Duncan and Robinson...), now pursuing LeBron, blaming everybody else for his acts... I strongly recommend him to avoid any basketball podcasts and enjoy something else in free time.

Ok, I'll forward your message to Mr. Green. Thanks for your concern, much appreciated.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,094

Post#125 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:00 pm

Weird that someone is telling him to avoid podcasts after he absolutely brutalized Nurkic in a podcast :lol:
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#126 » by jozef » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:17 pm

I do not listen his podcast but I read few quite dumb or jerk quotes.
I also watched that game and there was nothing about Nurkic to be brutalized for.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#127 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:33 am

I am OK with Draymond as the starting center but I am thinking that maybe his center minutes should be limited to avoid wearing Draymond out.

Draymond was not too small for Nurkic but might have been too small for Zubac or Draymond and the Warriors starters just had an off night vs the Clippers.

Looney, Saric and Traye are all undersized but each of them bring something different to the game. I likethat Curry has different Looks to choose from. I want Kerr to have a 4th option, a truly big man who does not need to be all that good just a truly big man who is not like Looney, Saric and Trayce.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,697

Post#128 » by WarriorGM » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:44 am

Dubs 707 wrote:Without dray we have no rings....

I don't think this is obvious enough to be a rallying cry. During the KD years having an average substitute for Draymond would clearly still have been enough to make the Warriors contenders. Draymond also likely cost a ring.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#129 » by michaelm » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:05 am

jozef wrote:I do not listen his podcast but I read few quite dumb or jerk quotes.
I also watched that game and there was nothing about Nurkic to be brutalized for.

The issue was the post game statement by Nurkic, and however stupid what Green says may be this time he was responding to Nurkic pretty much saying that he should be out of the game after no behaviour from Green in the game which gave justification for same. Green has also not injured Nurkic, except perhaps an injury to his dignity in the previous incident. I could see the Poole punch as justification for the NBA parting company with Draymond but not anything he has done to Nurkic.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#130 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:34 pm

michaelm wrote:
jozef wrote:Nurkic scored 31 on Jokic. Nurkic plays alone around the rim cause KD is outside player. Nurkic and Green would be great tandem. Just the first pass of the game was beautiful - Nurkic found KD on cut. He would score a lot of layups, hook shot and dunks for the Warriors. He sets good screens (as most bigs can, not a special feature).
Green exaggerated the Nurkic hold in the incident. Don't make excuses for a BS.
Nurkic did not bait him. He just played him same way. I am tired of Draymond stupid claims. He is Dennis Rodman of this era but he would cry if he would have to play Malone or Barkley and other 90s bigs.

I have no idea what Green thought he was doing in what passed for his brain at the time of the Nurkic incident, and have already said it was in no way defensible, and will extend this to it not being defensible in any possible universe. I did think Nurkic took a dive as Draymond said, the contact was not sufficient imo as well as Green’s to leave a 7 foot 300 lb guy writhing in pain on the ground for so long, Draymond’s problem of course, if there is no illegal contact there is no issue of any kind in the first place.

If you like Nurkic and dislike Green perhaps you should consider being a Suns fan rather than a GSW fan

Draymond sucks at flopping.

I hate flopping but Verajao was such a good flopper that I could almost appreciate flopping when it was Anderson Verajao doing the flopping.

Return to Golden State Warriors