ImageImageImageImageImage

Trayce Jackson-Davis = Green's Replacement?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Re: Trayce Jackson-Davis = Green's Replacement? 

Post#81 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:27 pm

Tjd losing minutes due to game time discipline.

They don't like him sharing the floor with jk because both are prone to defensive lapses. Kerr wants loon or dray to cover for jk.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#82 » by jozef » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:50 pm

Do you really think that Loon can cover for JK?

I do not see TJD as prone to defensive lapses at all.

Maybe he said something about coaches. A buzz cut would help him to gain more respect I guess.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#83 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:07 pm

we also didn't really need him last night, Draymond was handling Turner fine
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,359

Post#84 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:15 pm

jozef wrote:Do you really think that Loon can cover for JK?

Maybe he said something about coaches. A buzz cut would help him to gain more respect I guess.

JK has his worst defensive rating with Looney. After that it's Cory Joseph.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,095

Post#85 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:06 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:JK has his worst defensive rating with Looney. After that it's Cory Joseph.

JK benefits tremendously from being with Wiggins/Dray.. guys who erase defensive mistakes. And thats what the team needs right now, since JK has unique benefits offensively. If JK can improve to the point where he's the primary on-ball defender then the team can use someone like TJD as a rim-running 5 when we need it. A big reason why I was all-in on DJM/Capela is that it would fit perfectly with that trio based on what was needed. Klay for shooting, DJM for passing/scoring, Podz for all-around glue guy, TJD/Capela for when we needed to go big

Would have opened up a lot of options and with everyone's salaries locked in except Klays, there'd be continuity going into the next year. Oh well
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#86 » by Onus » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:19 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:JK has his worst defensive rating with Looney. After that it's Cory Joseph.

JK benefits tremendously from being with Wiggins/Dray.. guys who erase defensive mistakes. And thats what the team needs right now, since JK has unique benefits offensively. If JK can improve to the point where he's the primary on-ball defender then the team can use someone like TJD as a rim-running 5 when we need it. A big reason why I was all-in on DJM/Capela is that it would fit perfectly with that trio based on what was needed. Klay for shooting, DJM for passing/scoring, Podz for all-around glue guy, TJD/Capela for when we needed to go big

Would have opened up a lot of options and with everyone's salaries locked in except Klays, there'd be continuity going into the next year. Oh well

TBH I'm not sure if they have faith in this core or not. I'm not sure if Klay is included in the core or not. Seems like the front office is still straddling whether or not to lock in or tear it down. They get the option to do either this summer now. Either way Klay and CP3's reliance needs to be reduced.

We have a pretty good sample size that we're just plain out dominant when Klay doesn't play at all. Going on for the 3rd year now and yet he's still playing 30 min a game.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#87 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:39 pm

Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

TBH I'm not sure if they have faith in this core or not. I'm not sure if Klay is included in the core or not. Seems like the front office is still straddling whether or not to lock in or tear it down. They get the option to do either this summer now. Either way Klay and CP3's reliance needs to be reduced.

We have a pretty good sample size that we're just plain out dominant when Klay doesn't play at all. Going on for the 3rd year now and yet he's still playing 30 min a game.

Thing is that they took too long to make these calls like they had this wide margin of error. It's contract time for Kuminga and Moody, neither of whom are going to be proven in any role by that time. At the very least with Poole, they not only had him in the 6th man role, they had him in the starting role as well (and he did well in both when they gave the extension, even if the peripheral data was screaming not to)

I get that its tougher now, managing Klay's personality and having Steph's end coming up in the next few years. But they absolutely are hedging because they dont know.. keep in mind, they had kinda started writing off this group in 20-21 by Kerr's own admission. And despite that pump-fake of a 2nd timeline and how ill-prepared they were to transition, they did it again 2 years later. So now I think they are stuck going for the first timeline, in which case they will have to pay Kuminga whatever he asks for (IE - why I thought he was untradeable if they were pushing forward) and they'll just eat whatever negative results that leads up to post-Steph. But they've kept the picks also, so again not going all-in in either direction, which is what **** them in the 1st place

Its easy to be lightyears ahead of everyone when you have 2 of the most unique stars of the modern era, one who re-wrote the game nearly by himself. But I think the organization has proved it was those 2 driving the success and not really their decision making, aside from the KD bit.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#88 » by Onus » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:32 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

Thing is that they took too long to make these calls like they had this wide margin of error. It's contract time for Kuminga and Moody, neither of whom are going to be proven in any role by that time. At the very least with Poole, they not only had him in the 6th man role, they had him in the starting role as well (and he did well in both when they gave the extension, even if the peripheral data was screaming not to)

I get that its tougher now, managing Klay's personality and having Steph's end coming up in the next few years. But they absolutely are hedging because they dont know.. keep in mind, they had kinda started writing off this group in 20-21 by Kerr's own admission. And despite that pump-fake of a 2nd timeline and how ill-prepared they were to transition, they did it again 2 years later. So now I think they are stuck going for the first timeline, in which case they will have to pay Kuminga whatever he asks for (IE - why I thought he was untradeable if they were pushing forward) and they'll just eat whatever negative results that leads up to post-Steph. But they've kept the picks also, so again not going all-in in either direction, which is what **** them in the 1st place

Its easy to be lightyears ahead of everyone when you have 2 of the most unique stars of the modern era, one who re-wrote the game nearly by himself. But I think the organization has proved it was those 2 driving the success and not really their decision making, aside from the KD bit.

They’ve continually chosen both timelines and not committing to either. We are completely screwed with a front office that has no plan.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Post#89 » by michaelm » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:49 am

CDM_Stats wrote:

I have always thought Capela would have been ideal for GSW.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#90 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:51 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Tjd losing minutes due to game time discipline.

They don't like him sharing the floor with jk because both are prone to defensive lapses. Kerr wants loon or dray to cover for jk.

Trayce and JK both get to the rim in a hurry and offensive rebound each other’s misses. Trayce and Kuminga are similar enough to understand each others games.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#91 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:57 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
jozef wrote:Do you really think that Loon can cover for JK?

JK has his worst defensive rating with Looney. After that it's Cory Joseph.

Playing first quarters with the starters in November hurt the stats of anybody that was out thre with them.
Looney Wiggins Klay and Curry were having bad first quarters. I think it was Dray out there with them but if Kuminga was coming in for any of them it would have messed up Kuminga’s with Looney stats.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#92 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:11 am

michaelm wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:

I have always thought Capela would have been ideal for GSW.

Rim-runners have always been a natural fit for the team, its why TJD looks the way he does so early. Capela would be a great fit as a vet rim runner.. but I've always been a fan of their fit in the system. And some of them, their draft value is so in the tank right now, perfect time to get one on a second. Koloko would have been great if not for his health issue out nowhere. Still would have liked Bassey too.. but maybe its time to grab one of them in the draft

Return to Golden State Warriors