ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Lacob has no clue

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,212

Joe Lacob has no clue 

Post#1 » by cpower » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:46 pm

Let's be honest the dude has no clue how to run a successful organization. The only thing he did right was to acquire Curry but that was completely out of luck. Then Jerry West made sure we draft and kept Klay (rejected K Love) - a key part of our motion offense. Getting KD also has nothing to do with him. Then he put his family all over the dubs club, wanted Wiseman who turns out to be a complete bust. Giving that money to Jordan Poole is nuts. Playing 5 years of Wiggins for 2 months of good basketball is crazy. Now he wants to keep JK and just let the team die on its own. Based on his record the post Curry era would be very miserable to see.

Lightyear lol what a joke.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Re: Joe Lacob has no clue 

Post#2 » by EvanZ » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:48 pm

Bro he didn't draft Steph. He acquired him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#3 » by EvanZ » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:49 pm

cpower wrote:Let's be honest the dude has no clue how to run a successful organization. The only thing he did right was to draft Curry but that was completely out of luck. Then Jerry West made sure we draft and kept Klay (rejected K Love) - a key part of our motion offense. Getting KD also has nothing to do with him. Then he put his family all over the dubs club, wanted Wiseman who turns out to be a complete bust. Giving that money to Jordan Poole is nuts. Now he wants to keep JK and just let the team die on its own. Based on his record the post Curry era would be very miserable to see.

Uh...no he didn't draft Steph. :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
cpower
RealGM

Post#4 » by cpower » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:51 pm

EvanZ wrote:
cpower wrote:Let's be honest the dude has no clue how to run a successful organization. The only thing he did right was to draft Curry but that was completely out of luck. Then Jerry West made sure we draft and kept Klay (rejected K Love) - a key part of our motion offense. Getting KD also has nothing to do with him. Then he put his family all over the dubs club, wanted Wiseman who turns out to be a complete bust. Giving that money to Jordan Poole is nuts. Now he wants to keep JK and just let the team die on its own. Based on his record the post Curry era would be very miserable to see.

Uh...no he didn't draft Steph. :lol:

yeah thats what i meant, it was a pure luck that he has Curry
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#5 » by EvanZ » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:54 pm

Owners generally are not expected to have a clue. The problem is when they think they do. Dunning-Kruger type thinking. That is Lacob's problem.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,054

Post#6 » by Jester_ » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:09 pm

The silver lining of us collapsing in such epic fashion is that history will better appreciate that our dynasty was 75% Steph, 15% KD, 5% Draymond and 5% everyone else

The amount of hubris everyone in this org (and its fans) had for years is gross. Everyone just thought they were special and the fans drank the Kool-aid. We are basically the WeWork of basketball - techbros buying up an old house, throwing a coat of paint on it + a nice website, and pretending they just split the atom

Gotta be honest, after 7 years of this **** it's not as satisfying as I thought it would be seeing everyone finally turn on Kerr
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,372

Post#7 » by Onus » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:27 pm

Jester_ wrote:The silver lining of us collapsing in such epic fashion is that history will better appreciate that our dynasty was 75% Steph, 15% KD, 5% Draymond and 5% everyone else

The amount of hubris everyone in this org (and its fans) had for years is gross. Everyone just thought they were special and the fans drank the Kool-aid. We are basically the WeWork of basketball - techbros buying up an old house, throwing a coat of paint on it + a nice website, and pretending they just split the atom

Gotta be honest, after 7 years of this **** it's not as satisfying as I thought it would be seeing everyone finally turn on Kerr

It's pretty incredible at how many people got jobs for being associated with the warriors and not just players. Like there was really a warriors glow and everyone wanted a piece of it. Myers openly talking about almost trading curry and klay for cp3 in 2011. Like yikes. Kerr coaching team usa and not even medaling. Yikes. It's most likely going to be bad after steph
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,093

Post#8 » by whatisacenter » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:34 pm

I'm disappointed with the direction the team took this past offseason but no complaints other than that. Warriors don't have any titles if Chris Cohan still owned the team and Steph would have left on the first thing smoking when his rookie deal was up.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,093

Post#9 » by whatisacenter » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:35 pm

Jester_ wrote:The silver lining of us collapsing in such epic fashion is that history will better appreciate that our dynasty was 75% Steph, 15% KD, 5% Draymond and 5% everyone else

You must have hated all the success the team had over the past 7 years.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#10 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 pm

You don’t have to buy into Kerr, Draymond and Klay’s hubris to have enjoyed Curry’s basketball team.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Old_Blue
Veteran
And1: 792

Post#11 » by Old_Blue » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:36 pm

Lacob catches so much flack. For all we know, Guber is the evil one...Darth Vader constantly sabotaging Joey Light Years. :D
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Post#12 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:47 pm

Bizarre thread considering Lacob has been fabulously successful running this organization. This is really the first year under his ownership that anyone has any business complaining.

Now everyone feels justified in righteously claiming they knew all along that Kerr is actually a lousy coach and Draymond is actually nothing but a blowhard and Klay is actually a low efficiency chucker.

When we were winning I didn't hear any of those claims. This board is embarrassingly full of clowns. Luckily the population is large so the clowns get drowned out for the most part.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,694

Post#13 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:55 pm

Typical teams spend less money and never win a championship .
BayAreaDub
Junior
And1: 205

Post#14 » by BayAreaDub » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:40 am

Lacob’s checkbook maximized Steph Curry’s career
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,428

Post#15 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:48 am

Not to sound harsh but....

Lacob buying the Warriors was the best thing to happen as a Warrior's fan in our lives. Period.

Bought the team...fired Mark Jackson for Steve Kerr.

Spent more money than God for a decade.

HIREEEEEEEEEEEEED Jerry West to consult.

4 championships....6 finals in the last decade. Yeah...he totally sucks.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,372

Post#16 » by Onus » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:52 am

BayAreaDub wrote:Lacob’s checkbook maximized Steph Curry’s career

This is definitely what lacob deserves credit for. He definitely was willing to spend to win.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#17 » by bay2hk » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:06 am

The bad drafting can be blamed on the lacob sons. It’s no secretly his sons had a heavy hand in drafting all these busts including Wiseman. It wasn’t until Dunleavy took over we drafted better
cpower
RealGM

Post#18 » by cpower » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:21 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Not to sound harsh but....

Lacob buying the Warriors was the best thing to happen as a Warrior's fan in our lives. Period.

Bought the team...fired Mark Jackson for Steve Kerr.

Spent more money than God for a decade.

HIREEEEEEEEEEEEED Jerry West to consult.

4 championships....6 finals in the last decade. Yeah...he totally sucks.

so bulls were successful because of their owner, same for spurs, celtics..etc?

He spent money because he was making an easy business decision, spending money would make more money. If anywhere there could be much better decision after 2020...how many good young players we have drafted and developed? How many more Curry prime seasons can we waste?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Post#19 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:26 am

bay2hk wrote:The bad drafting can be blamed on the lacob sons. It’s no secretly his sons had a heavy hand in drafting all these busts including Wiseman. It wasn’t until Dunleavy took over we drafted better

I don't know if this is totally true, but I would certainly welcome all the Lacobs getting out of the personnel side of the business.

Podz and TJD are the opposite of what the Lacobs get enamored with(if you consider picks like Wiseman and Smailagic Lacobs picks) so us drafting them could mean MDJ is free to tune them out.

The Smailagic pick is really frustrating. We ponied up two 2nds and cash for that slug. If I were Joe, I would have gotten my sons out of personnel forever after that debacle.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#20 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:28 am

He hired Rick Welts, Jerry West, Bob Myers, and Steve Kerr. Four amazingly great hires that turned around this franchise. He's a cornball and has said a few outlandish things but all in all he's been a great owner. Most importantly, he's willing to spend huge amounts of money to win.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors